Beginning of Week 4- only lost 1 lb last week.

• Hey gang.
    Kinda bummed about the minimal loss, I had unintentially skipped two meals during the weekend. My coach said this could have caused my body to go into starvation mode, thus not burning fat.
    Has anyone else had that happen?
    At least I went down a pound.
  • Sorry you had a rough week It happened to me too...when I ate a piece of cake and then didn't eat for 6 hours to compensate. And this week I only lost one pound, and I spent the week vomiting...I really would have thought I should have lost more...or well, I did, I lost 2 pounds, then I got back on plan finally and gained a pound. I find that I have to set an alarm for every 2.5 hours, and when the alarm goes off I eat regardless of hunger. I always have a bar or pretzels on hand in case I'm not in a place that I can prepare something. Otherwise I tend to forget the last time I ate.
  • You really have to eat all of your meals. I too am setting alarms so I don't forget to eat.
  • I did set an alarm for every 2.5 hours and I do eat all my meals except on the two days prior to getting weighed I each missed one meal. Hopefully next Monday ill be down. I was told that my exersice routine ( walking 3 x's a week for 1.5 hours each time) might be making me go under the 1100 calories, thus making my body go into starvation mode.

I just want to lose!!!
  • 1100? I'm usually right around 900, sometimes closer to 800, and that's where my coach said I should be. It sounds weird to be exercising LESS while trying to lose, but it makes sense for our lower calorie intake...me, I hate exercising. I have had 3-4 days of stagnant/small gains, and then I suddenly drop 1.5 lb, then another 3-4 days of stagnant, and a big drop.
  • Quote: 1100? I'm usually right around 900, sometimes closer to 800, and that's where my coach said I should be. It sounds weird to be exercising LESS while trying to lose, but it makes sense for our lower calorie intake...me, I hate exercising. I have had 3-4 days of stagnant/small gains, and then I suddenly drop 1.5 lb, then another 3-4 days of stagnant, and a big drop.
    Andi- are you doing the 4/2 plan? My coach said that since I was exercising that much I should be somewhere around 1100-1300 day. I'm burning around 500 per walk.
  • OK, yeah that makes sense. I'm on the 5&1 but I'm horrible in the exercise department. I take 2 mile walks daily but it's usually with two toddlers so it's not typically a ton of exercise. Thinking about digging the bike out now that it's warmer though and I'm passed the 3 week period.