So thrilled at my progress

• Over the years, I have quit more diets than I can count, including Atkins. My biggest downfall, my worst addiction was regular pop. I would be "good" all week..and then the weekend was my time to binge. I would actually get excited. It was a terrible cycle that I seem to have broken.

During my first 7 days, I lost 13 pounds. I did not ONCE think of going off plan this weekend and that was a sign that I have finally changed my destructive thinking. It was not hard. It was not a battle or a struggle. It finally clicked in my head that in order to live that I have to stay on target. I feel so happy and relieved! I was wanting so much for this to happen for years and it seemed I was fighting it tooth and nail.

So....YAY for me for finally coming to terms and beating my addiction. I am very EXCITED! Happy Monday everyone!
  • Regarding exercise. I have yet to do any. That is fine by me! IN the past, I would be SO GUNG HO that I would lump every goal into one and just quit. I have noticed that I am ok with adjusting and being tired and just letting myself have ONE goal of eating on plan. It seems to be the key for me. I just wanted to add that. I know that in the past I was looking for answers as to why I was the way I was. It might help someone else at some point.
  • Francie!!! You've accomplished so much in a short period of time and definitely should be quite proud of yourself because YOU are doing it!!
    Sometimes, we can be our own worst enemy. I too, tried all kinds of "diets" before I decided to do Atkins 9 years ago. I now realize as sincere as I may have been when beginning those diets, I wasn't mentally or emotionally committed. When your mind is ready, everything falls in place. That isn't saying we all don't have our ups & downs but, we learn from our mistakes and try our best not to repeat them.
    As for the excercise, I think you are approaching it with a great attitude. I did the same and when I was ready, I began walking and from there, I started Walk Away The Pounds. There is no specific time frame to start exercising. Only you will know when you're ready and when you are, you'll do it!
    Keep up the great work and be proud of yourself girl You CAN do this!!!
    All the best to you!!
  • Quote: Francie!!! You've accomplished so much in a short period of time and definitely should be quite proud of yourself because YOU are doing it!!
    Sometimes, we can be our own worst enemy. I too, tried all kinds of "diets" before I decided to do Atkins 9 years ago. I now realize as sincere as I may have been when beginning those diets, I wasn't mentally or emotionally committed. When your mind is ready, everything falls in place. That isn't saying we all don't have our ups & downs but, we learn from our mistakes and try our best not to repeat them.
    As for the excercise, I think you are approaching it with a great attitude. I did the same and when I was ready, I began walking and from there, I started Walk Away The Pounds. There is no specific time frame to start exercising. Only you will know when you're ready and when you are, you'll do it!
    Keep up the great work and be proud of yourself girl You CAN do this!!!
    All the best to you!!
    Thanks so MUCH! It is good to know that someone had similar experiences! Ahhh....so RELIEVED! About all of it.
  • Francie.. Isn't it just cool when you are in control and not the food It kinda gives you a little bounce in your step. YOU have conquered (last weekend) that Soda Pop allure and look what happened when you did !!

Exercise.... it makes you feel good (endorphins) tones your body and skin and builds muscles (which in turn burns fat) and just like Jerseygirl says.... When it sounds good to do... it will be fun to do!

All I can say is Good For you and you are a great inspiration for us all
  • Franciejones:
    I have been on Atkins in the past and have started again today I am excited about starting my weight loss journey. I would love to be a source of help in any way i can in your journey as well, so here we go!!!

Raidermom 23
  • Congratulations! Pop was a huge issue for me, and I actually had to fight to give it up even before I started my diet. It took a while, but now I don't miss it!

I didn't start exercising until a few months in. Actually I find that adding a new routine, changing my calories or restricting one thing more at a time every few months is what works best for me.

Good luck on the rest of your journey.
  • JerseygyrlWhat are your favorite Walk Away the Pounds dvds?
  • My weight has remained the same all week...but my time of month is coming today or tomorrow..so I KNOW I will see a loss after the B***h Aunt Flo shows up. Man...she really is quite the jerk. lol
  • Francie - You dang right, YAY for you! The mental part of losing weight is sometimes harder than the actual eating right and exercising. Good for you, girl!! I'm with you, F Aunt Flo!!!... she brought me 3 pounds last week, which I'm sure was water weight because I'm back down this week. STILL though, F her!!!
  • Quote: Francie - You dang right, YAY for you! The mental part of losing weight is sometimes harder than the actual eating right and exercising. Good for you, girl!! I'm with you, F Aunt Flo!!!... she brought me 3 pounds last week, which I'm sure was water weight because I'm back down this week. STILL though, F her!!!
    LMAO! Yeah...no one really likes her
  • Quote: JerseygyrlWhat are your favorite Walk Away the Pounds dvds?
    I enjoy the one's that incorporate light weights or the stretchie band. I also like Walk Away Your Waistline, Walk Away Your Abs, Walk Away Your Belly Fat, Walk Away Your Hips & Thighs and 30 Minute Walk. I have LOTS of the WATP Dvd's...but....those are a few of my favorites. Walk Away The Pounds is a great low impact, easy to follow workout!
  • Hey ladies,
    I have recently lost some weight just by calorie counting, and would love to begin the atkins lifestyle as I am hearing such good things about it.
    Its hard to wrap my head around the fact that I can eat certain things that I normally couldnt while trying to lose weight.
    I have read the book, but am wondering what my daily meal plan should look like.....
    If anyone has any advice, thatd be great!
  • I just had a burger patty with cheese and bacon..a slice of a tomato and mayo for dipping.

Tonight I think I am having sausage, bacon and eggs for dinner...maybe with a little sour cream.

There is a great you tube channel with loads of recipes that are induction friendly..he labels them "IF"

You can just do a search online for induction menus and loads of hits will come up. It IS hard to eat fat at first due to the decades of low fat propaganda..but really..it works so well. Fear not!