My Weight Loss Reward Bracelet...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I borrowed this idea from a thread on the forum! This was such a fantastic idea and motivator, so thank you!

I just added my "30 pound loss" and "40 pound loss" beads!

From right to left:
    "Proud Mom:" First 10 pounds dedicated to my two awesome kids!
    "Country Life:" Flowers and "green grass" dedicated to my hubby for our new life together and my 20 pounds lost!
    "Horse Shoe:" My 30 pounds lost bead dedicated to my literally getting back in the saddle and horse back riding again!
    "Run:" for losing 40 pounds and being able to run a whole 5K!

I love how much fuller my bracelet looks now! Guess it's time to start scoping out bead 5 and find one that has meaning to add next!

• Awesome RavenWolf! I liked the idea of a bracelet too! It's such a nice motivator and it's something you see all the time!
  • That's so awesome!
  • Beautiful!!
    Where do you find the beads?

ps. Congrats on the 40lbs loss and the 5K running! Whooo hoo!
  • Love it!! And congrats on all the milestones!!
  • Beautiful!
  • Quote: Beautiful!!

ps. Congrats on the 40lbs loss and the 5K running! Whooo hoo!
    Thanks! I actually order my beads off of Etsy!
  • RavenWolf: That's beautiful...what a fabulous idea. I think I might steal it!

Quote: Beautiful!!
    I see you're in Ontario, veggiedawg. I've seen the bracelets and beads in Peoples and their sister store, Mappins. So, if you prefer buying in person, you might find them in one of those two stores.
  • Shopko, Target, and Kohl's also carry these types of beads, but I've bought most of mine at craft stores (Hobby Lobby, Michael's and JoAnn fabric). With coupons and sales, my average cost is less than a dollar per bead. I also buy from etsy occasionally if I see something unlike those I can find more cheaply locally.

Oriental Trading carries them as well, but you have to buy in bulk, and the assortments are somewhat limited.
  • Awesomeness!!!!
  • Such a beautiful and creative idea! CONGRATULATIONS! On all your achievements! I'm trying to get back in the saddle myself. I want a bracelet now!
  • Very pretty! I love seeing these bracelets how they are as individual as we are! Great job on earning the beads, wear them proudly!

For those that haven't seen it, the thread about my bracelet can be found here.
  • Quote: Very pretty! I love seeing these bracelets how they are as individual as we are! Great job on earning the beads, wear them proudly!

For those that haven't seen it, the thread about my bracelet can be found here.
    Thank you so much for posting your original thread link on here! And thank you for letting us replicate your idea. It's so wonderful because it's a reward and motivator all in one. I am also hoping that when I get to maintenance, I will be able to look at this bracelet and remember "where I started" so I don't slip back into old habits!

Thank you again for sharing!
  • Quote: Thank you so much for posting your original thread link on here! And thank you for letting us replicate your idea. It's so wonderful because it's a reward and motivator all in one. I am also hoping that when I get to maintenance, I will be able to look at this bracelet and remember "where I started" so I don't slip back into old habits!

Thank you again for sharing!
    I originally got the idea from Kaplods and I'm so happy to spread it! I agree that it's a reward and motivation all in one, and I love that it can serve as a constant reminder to stick with good habits and as a reminder to see how far you've come.
  • those are so beautiful! great job on all your achievements!