Official Changes to Phase 1 Sheet

• Normally I wouldn't start another thread but a new Phase 1 sheet (dated 4/2013) was at my weigh in today. I don't have a scanner so I can't attach it but I will list the changes below:

- Omega's are now required
    - Spinach, cucumbers, celery are still and always have been "select" veggies
    - Rutabaga is now an "occasional" veggie
    - Kolrabi was added to the list of "select" veggies
    - Anything not listed on the sheet is not allowed (I say if you've been using Walden Farms, sugar-free gum, MiO, etc and it's not affecting you, don't fix what's not broken)
  • Quote: Normally I wouldn't start another thread but a new Phase 1 sheet (dated 4/2013) was at my weigh in today. I don't have a scanner so I can't attach it but I will list the changes below:

- Omega's are now required
    - Spinach, cucumbers, celery are still and always have been "select" veggies
    - Rutabaga is now an "occasional" veggie
    - Kolrabi was added to the list of "select" veggies
    - Anything not listed on the sheet is not allowed (I say if you've been using Walden Farms, sugar-free gum, MiO, etc and it's not affecting you, don't fix what's not broken)
    Thanks for the update. Looks the same as the Feb 2013 update, which had all those.
  • I'm curious if anyone has started P3 since they changed the sheets? I read through the one that Lisa had posted and it TOTALLY does not jive with the P3 information up to this point - the old P3 had pretty straightforward rules for breakfast (ie grams of protein, grams of fat, grams of carbs, etc). The sheet posted in the sticky says 1 protein, 1 carbohydrate, 1 fat and 1 fruit...no mention of dairy, but the "example breakfast" on the sheet is 2 slices toast (1 serving carb) with butter (1 serving fat), 1 egg (serving of protein), 1 apple (serving of fruit), HAM (extra protein?) and YOGURT (no dairy in the guidelines?).

The strangest thing is, the Guidelines for P3 from February 2013 DOES include the previous nutritional guidelines for P3.
  • Quote: I'm curious if anyone has started P3 since they changed the sheets? I read through the one that Lisa had posted and it TOTALLY does not jive with the P3 information up to this point - the old P3 had pretty straightforward rules for breakfast (ie grams of protein, grams of fat, grams of carbs, etc). The sheet posted in the sticky says 1 protein, 1 carbohydrate, 1 fat and 1 fruit...no mention of dairy, but the "example breakfast" on the sheet is 2 slices toast (1 serving carb) with butter (1 serving fat), 1 egg (serving of protein), 1 apple (serving of fruit), HAM (extra protein?) and YOGURT (no dairy in the guidelines?).

The strangest thing is, the Guidelines for P3 from February 2013 DOES include the previous nutritional guidelines for P3.
    My coach told me new updates for all Phases were uploaded on the Client Library (available only to coaches) today. I'll get in touch with her and see what I can find out.
  • I find all these changes very frustrating! The plan was supposed to be so perfect before and they keep messing around with it. Boy oh boy. Breathe DJ! The previous P3 was effective was it not? Look how many we're so successful on it! And what about those who have just started it and now have to restart. I just hate it when they are making new rules all of the time! Just my rant!
  • Now I'm utterly confused about Phasing off. ugh.
  • I thought cucumbers were free ............
  • Quote: Now I'm utterly confused about Phasing off. ugh.
    I would say go by the P3 guidelines we've been following all along. The P3 "protocol" sheet isn't nearly as clear about P3 breakfasts as the guideline sheet, so don't sweat it, go with the most complete information.
  • Quote: I thought cucumbers were free ............
    Cucumbers have never been free - they are listed on the Phase 1 protocol sheet as "selected veggies" to be measured and included in your 4 cups daily. Many coaches tweak the program though.
  • Quote: Cucumbers have never been free - they are listed on the Phase 1 protocol sheet as "selected veggies" to be measured and included in your 4 cups daily. Many coaches tweak the program though.
    Yes, I have noticed that a lot of folks say that, well , I am now going to treat them as selected veggies and take the yoke out of my hard boiled eggs too! Love this site!
  • If anyone has the latest phase sheets (and a scanner) can you please upload them?!? Please and thank you!!!

My coach still hands out phase sheets that don't even include a date...they all say 5 oz meat 7 oz fish/seafood. I'm not happy with my clinic for not keeping up. I've asked about the omegas repeatedly and they always say, they aren't necessary, and they don't even carry them. I've bought them elsewhere and I'm taking them...I want to do this right and remain healthy!!
  • Thirteen
    Check the stickies at the top of the forum
    The updates from Feb 2013 are there.
    The updates mentioned yesterday are all on the Feb P1 sheet.