craving ice cream

• The first 2weeks are seriously the hardest for me and today sucks for me. I WANT ICE CREAM sooo bad. It's ucky ewwy outside, my house is super clean, laundry is done, dogs bathed, and caught up on editing till Saturday. I need a distraction or something...

I will not give in, I will not give in, I will not give in.
  • www.brainbashers.com

start a blog (your first entry can be about how much you want ice cream. When you look back a few months from now, you will be surprised how much you will have changed!)

Take the freshly bathed dogs for a walk, so they can get muddy and you can give them another bath

Look for recipes to make homemade ice cream or ice cream like treats, like this one: http://www.delightedmomma.com/2012/0...ice-cream.html

go to you tube and watch literal music videos like these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs2cY...2D120A5B8BF088

Schedule in your food. Say "If I still want this in ___ days, then I can go to the store (walk?) and get a single serving."

But don't give in! Not now!
  • Thank you! It's raining so a walk isn't going to happen. I do think I will start my blog though.
  • I know it's hard. Just remember if you happen to slip not to beat yourself up over it. You can do it, though. We women are strong and mighty. Also, if you really want a cold treat, you can try yogurt. You can put a low fat yoplait in the freezer for a few hours, and when you take it out, it's like icecream.
  • I do make some yummy yogurt like ice cream.

I use a vanilla yogurt
    1/2 a tbsp of cocoa (5 calories)
    and a packet of truvia

mix it up and freeze for 30 minutes. Sooo yumm.
  • That sounds pretty awesome. I do love chocolate, and you don't see much chocolate yogurt. I will have to try that.
  • It taste just like chocolate frozen yogurt as long as you don't over freeze.
  • You could go read my blog if you want too.... :-) The link is under my pic. I'm about to do a new post, just to keep you on the edge of your seat! lol
  • Will do ikesgirl.
  • Wow, you have really come a long way ikesgirl. Congrats and I'm so excited for you about surfy.
  • Thanks! I've got my eye on the prize! You can do it too! My first goal during recovery to to transfer or re-type my facebook "notes" to my blog. I just re-read what I wrote 2 years ago, and it is amazing how much I have changed and didn't even know it!

That is why I recommended you do a blog. When the changes are small, it is hard to see them initially. But boy, do they add up over time! Make sure to include a link to your blog so I can come read it!

Chris
  • I'd personally get some artic zero ice cream. A whole pint is less than 200 calories. http://www.arcticzero.com/pints.php
  • You can do banana swirl ( frozen bananas in a blender) or do some Trader Joes 0% vanilla Greek frozen yogurt. 100 cals for 1/2 cup and fills you up!
  • Thank you daimere and dstalksalot!

I love the frozen bananas and yogurt and will definitely have to check out the arctic zero.