spinach lasagna recipe from Sherry

• Here is the spinach lasagna recipe. You use REGULAR lasagna noodles, not the no-boil kind. They don't need to be cooked first. I make this recipe often, because it's easy. You could also add a can of diced tomates or any other vegetable cut up very small.

Spinach Lasagna:

Ingredients:
    16oz low fat ricotta cheese or lowfat cottage cheese
    2 cups shredded part skim mozarella cheese
    1 egg
    1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
    1 tsp salt
    3/4 tsp oregano
    1/8 tsp pepper
    1 jar (32 ounces ) of spaghetti sauce-note :I use one or two EXTRA cups of sauce-it tastes better
    1 8oz package of lasagna noodles-do NOT cook them
    1 cup of water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

thaw and drain spinach. In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozarella, the egg, spinach, salt, oregano and pepper

in a greased (I use fat free cooking spray) 13 by 9 inch dish layer one cup sauce, third of noodles, and half the cheese mixture.

Repeat layering again

Top with remaining noodles and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining one cup of shredded mozarella

Pour one cup of water around the edges. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.

Bake for about one hour and fifteen minutes.

Let stand for fifteen minutes before serving

Yield ten servings
  • mm, sounds good! i'm getting noodles the next time i'm at the store. =)
  • Yummy, yummy! Thank you!!!!
  • Even the vegtable hater printed this one out! Can't wait to try it!! I actually had spinach in my salad tonight!!

Sherry - any ideas on calories or points for this??
  • Sandi when I don't know info for a recipe i go to www.fitday.com and put all the ingredients in and get my info that way. Just a thought in case no one knows.
  • Sandi - I plugged into the WW recipe builder and came up with 6 points per serving. This was based on ten servings in a recipe, and I made it with a bottle and a half of sauce instead of a bottle because Sherry said she makes it with extra sauce. A rough estimate calorie-wise would be 360 cal. per serving.
  • Thanks guys!! I didn't know fitday would do that!! And all this time I have been struggling on my own! That should be a big help!!
  • Kim - where do you go in fitday to do that? I was just there and didn't see anything??
  • Thanks Jenelle-that recipe didn't come with any nutrition info. My mom got it off a package of cottage cheese from Foodtown grocey store about fifteen years ago! Glad to know what I'm eating when I have it.

Thanks,
    Sherry
  • You have to use extra sauce, otherwise the dry noodles will suck up all the moisture in the sauce, leaving you w/dry yucky lasagne. (Been there, MOM did that, hahahaha)