IP Daily Chat Monday 5-6-13

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Does anyone have a discount code Nashua Nutrition?
  • anyone counting carbs??
    Is anyone counting their carb grams per day, and if so what are they running??

I found some numbers in my clinic handouts that don't seem accurate, because even eating all non-restricted you could be over that amount.

I didn't find a thread about this...
  • Quote: NSV - I never in a million years would have thought that I - back in December was wearing XXXL shirts - am now wearing mediums.
    Great job, I tried to get hubby to do this with me. He would not even try
  • Quote: Is anyone counting their carb grams per day, and if so what are they running??

I found some numbers in my clinic handouts that don't seem accurate, because even eating all non-restricted you could be over that amount.

I didn't find a thread about this...
    If you are following the Phase 1 protocol, you should end up falling somewhere in the range of 20-50 NET carbs per day (total carbs minus dietary fiber). But if you follow the protocol, you don't need to count carbs - that's the beauty of P1!
  • Thanks, but I'm actually looking for feedback from someone who has specifically done a daily carb count...
  • What is ONEDERLAND?
  • Quote: What is ONEDERLAND?
    Haha I had a hard time figuring that out too, but I think it's when you're out of the two hundreds and into the one hundreds again. A place I haven't been to in a long time,but I'm heading in the right direction. 13.6 lbs in 2 weeks and even more unbelievably 9 inches. Woohoo Onederland here I come!
  • Quote: Haha I had a hard time figuring that out too, but I think it's when you're out of the two hundreds and into the one hundreds again. A place I haven't been to in a long time,but I'm heading in the right direction. 13.6 lbs in 2 weeks and even more unbelievably 9 inches. Woohoo Onederland here I come!
    Ohh! I see!
  • Quote: Thanks, but I'm actually looking for feedback from someone who has specifically done a daily carb count...
    The whole point of the IP protocol is that you don't have to count.
    Mine vary, depending upon what I eat. 20-40 net, again ,depending on choices for the day

IP is approximately 50% protein, 30% fat, 20% carb. & under 1000 calories per day (mine are usually 750-900)

There aren't hared-and-fast rules, other than following the P1 sheet.

Many of us track our food/stats on My Fitness Pal. Scorbett gave you wonderful info, based upon her own long-term tracking. I've been tracking since about November.
  • Quote: I've been wondering about this myself. Before starting IP, I had a lot of stomach problems such as bloating, gas, sour stomach, and just that feeling of something not "agreeing" with me. It is all gone now. I have been thinking it must have been either gluten or dairy.

When I start adding foods back into my diet, I'm going to do it like with a baby: one at a time in case something causes a reaction. I don't ever want to go back to feeling that way. Thanks for mentioning this!

And my, my . . . you are certainly looking skinny today! (I can't wait for people to notice me, too!)
    Me too. I actually have been told I have IBS and expected to have major issues while doing this program, but things are so much better than I normally am. Definitely will need to add foods in gradually and monitor my body's reactions.
  • carb counting
    I have literature from my clinic that we are "aiming for 25 carbs total a day".

In order to get that low, it would mean using only the lowest of the CHO unrestricted, which are:
    strawberry pudding
    lemon pudding
    banana pudding
    peach mango drink
    mushroom soup
    RTD vanilla.

Has anyone else counted their carbs in a day's worth of their favorite IP food??
  • Quote: Thanks, but I'm actually looking for feedback from someone who has specifically done a daily carb count...
    To answer your question... I average 60 total carbs per day... But on IP you don't count total carbs, you worry about net carbs... Carbs minus fiber...which almost always averages for between 20-40.
  • Quote: I have literature from my clinic that we are "aiming for 25 carbs total a day".

In order to get that low, it would mean using only the lowest of the CHO unrestricted, which are:
    strawberry pudding
    lemon pudding
    banana pudding
    peach mango drink
    mushroom soup
    RTD vanilla.

Has anyone else counted their carbs in a day's worth of their favorite IP food??
    I would say that HAS to be net carbs. You couldn't get that low just on IP products, let alone the higher carb veggies.
  • Quote: I have literature from my clinic that we are "aiming for 25 carbs total a day".

strawberry pudding
    lemon pudding
    banana pudding
    peach mango drink
    mushroom soup
    RTD vanilla.

I track my food daily on my fitness pal so, yes.
    Orange drink and lemonade are also VLC

I've never seen that literature you got.
    My coach said no more than 40 net/day packets+ veggies
  • Lisa do you happen to have the info on how much carb and fat for a restricted vs non? Was gonna do a little alternative shopping. Thanks in advance!