Did THAT REALLY just happen?!?!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Being of the plus-sized range and having been in the 3x to 4x range for roughly 5 years now, my wardrobe has become something of a joke. Goodwill, hand-me-downs, and yard sales have been the norm...and when you are my size, those options tend to already be worn down pretty thin. Needless to say, no amount of primping nets me a glam look as it just doesn't happen when you look like you rolled out of the bargain bin.

My weight loss has netted me a severe drop in sizes, to the point I was recently able to buy two very flattering dresses in the 1x range. Of course, I was stoked. But, having spent half a decade dressed as the wandering laundry lady, I haven't been too confident in venturing out in public in neither of the dresses...until tonight when I decided a quick trip to the store would be a nice "break it in" session.

And I got stopped. By random strangers. Repeatedly. And EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM commented on how awesome I looked...and how great the dress looked...and how I made the outfit really work...and how plus size gals need to take lessons from me as I am proof they don't always have to dress frumpy...and that I was beautiful.

WOW. BEAUTIFUL?!?! ME?!?!?!

Yeah, I am totally feeling awesome and amazing tonight. Been a very long time since I have had this feeling. Pretty much stopped feeling awesome when I started gaining the weight that pushed me from normal to...this...over a decade ago. I feel...slamming, stunning even. Oh yeah, I am so getting to goal now if a mere 45+ pounds can make me feel this awesome. You had better bet your toosh over it.
  • Ahhhh that is so AWESOME! Enjoy every minute of it. Women truly are way too hard on ourselves (me included, just look at some of my posts!) and we really should enjoy every day that's given to us.

Enjoy your new body and clothes and go get some more! ha!
  • [QUOTE
    WOW. BEAUTIFUL?!?! ME?!?!?!

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are beautiful. You worked hard, now enjoy it!!!
  • Congratulations!!!! I'm so glad you wore the dress for yourself! The nice comments from everyone else was a bonus!! I smiled reading your post, so happy for you!

• What a wonderful feeling!!
  • Oh YES! What a wonderful feeling and you know that YOU did it... I love that story.... You must be FLYING high without an airplane!!!

So very happy for you and that magical feeling!!
  • Aw! This is AWESOME! Your joy made my day!
  • It did. I mean, I haven't lost a lot, but in a little over a year, I've had a huge change.
  • After intense debate with myself, I decided I might as well post before and after's. You know, for sanity's sake. Or just because, I am feeling awesome today. So, here ya go. First time I have looked at a photo of myself in some time. First one is from March 2012. The second is from today. And again, thank you all. Today has rocked!

• Congratulations. You look wonderful.
  • I am really happy for you and love the smiles on your face!!!

Savor every minute of those comments! You so deserve them!! I would try to remember those comments, maybe even write them down on a piece of paper and put them on your bathroom mirror or carry them in your wallet where you will remember them so you feel happy A LOT! They are affirmations of your hard work!

That is truly inspirational!!
  • beautiful!!!!! you look so proud of yourself and you should be!! way to go!!
  • OMG, you are seriously beautiful! No wonder they stopped you to compliment you! PS- is that your lil firecracker you've been telling us about?

What an amazing feeling it must have been for you!
  • You look great!
  • amandie - yep, that is my wee one. That was her third birthday. She's about a foot taller and four going on forty now.

But yeah. I'm still loving this new found feeling. Thanks everyone. Long time since I have felt attractive to anyone, much less to myself.