Chat: Core/Simply Filling: May 1-15

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Happy Mother's Day, chickies!

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Happy Mother's Day !!!

Spent time with my daughter & family today and went to a movie & dinner with
    my cousin & her kids this evening.

Just finished watching a 2 hr season finale for Revenge..Lots happened..
  • Good Morning Chicks! My eating was great yesterday...except for the piece of leftover birthday cake. I froze the last 3 pieces to see if it works. Had to get it off my counter.

This morning Brodie goes for a recheck on his upper respiratory infection and we have Sears coming to repair our microwave and tune up our dishwasher. If we are buying new windows, we cannot afford all new appliances. Another busy week for us.

Hope you are all well and on program.
  • Brodie is good. Microwave parts are ordered to be installed next Tuesday. How on earth will we live without a microwave until then?!

So far my eating is good but it has been a struggle.

Are you all out enjoying your lovely Spring days?
  • Kudos, Vickie. You're focused for sure.

Nancy, your day sounds good.

Rhonda, I just saw a Blue Bell advertisement for Italian Cream Cake Ice Cream. Hmmmmmm. I mean Mmmmmmmmmm.

• I am finished tutoring. The kids take the math test tomorrow and the reading test Wednesday.
  • I am in such a better frame of mind than I was a few days ago.

I realized that whether the house sells or not that it is just one
    part of my life. I am back to planning things that interest me and
    thinking through my career direction. I also decided it would be good to
    take a month or so and focus on myself..
    Exercise, healthy eating , sleep routine, makeup consult, finding some kayaking friends...Stuff like that..
    Then I have to decide which setting I want to work in.

My nephew is getting married in Ga this weekend so I need to shop for a
    rehersal dinner dress and one for the wedding too..
  • All is well here...took a 45 minute walk, without too much pain; worked in the yard for a while; went to the gym to see the trainer; read a book; went to a meeting about gas drilling; ate well; and had a martini
  • Good Morning Chicks!

Rhonda, I'm so happy you are walking and exercising again without pain. I'm taking baby steps...but steps they are! I've never had a martini but I know I wouldn't like it. I like sweet drinks. Besides, I decided a long time ago that I'd rather eat my calories than drink them.

Sandra, woo hoo that your tutoring is over. Are you done subbing for the school year?

Nancy, you sound like you are moving toward a good place in your head. Selling a house is beyond stressful. If they were really interested, they'd make an offer and ask you to make allowances for the things they perceive need to be updated. I have a Nephew who is a real estate agent and he says the market will always tell you the truth. Maybe it isn't getting the publicity it needs, or the description isn't accurate. He always told us that we needed to at least consider the feedback from the viewings. I hope you sell soon. It seems like a big place for one person.

Hey Pam...Hey Sloan......Maryann? Gotta go eat breakfast now and convince myself to walk on my treadmill. Catching Fire awaits me!

Going out for dinner and then to watch my 7 year old Goddaughter/Great Niece play softball. Bound to be adorable.
  • Speaking of steps: I bought a WW pedometer last week and am thoroughly loving it!! I heard somewhere that we should strive for at least 10,000 steps per day. I have met that twice so far and over 8000 each of the other days. Curtis wants me to get him one of these pedometers tonight at WW. I hope they have some more as I got the last one last week. If they have more, I'll definitely get him one.

Vickie, makes me smile thinking of you watching your Goddaughter play softball. We've been watching one of our grands do the same. Great memories!! I am subbing Honors English this Friday. That's my last day this school year.

We got our airline tickets yesterday afternoon. We're going to Seattle mid-June to see our grands and great grands.

Send me for WI tonight. Love you all!!!
  • Rhonda! Do you drink 007 martinis or sissy martinis? I like the sissy kind, myself

Nancy, glad you are feeling positive about things. A make-up consult sounds fun!!

Vickie, congrats on the focused eating

Sandra, glad you are finished with students for the year. Now you can relax

I am sitting on my porch again this afternoon, and I am loving it. Our Tennessee summer is taking longer than usual to appear, and I am loving that, too! It won't be long till the "air you can wear" gets here. Hope you chicks are having a relaxing evening! TTFN
  • 007, of course.

Vickie, I didn't say without pain I said without too much pain. I've already decided that 45 minutes is too much--going down to 35. Anyway, of course it's better than before.

Pedometers are good tools. 10,000 steps a day is the goal, yes.

Good that you're going to Seattle--have you been there before? we'll be there in August, as part of the cruise.

Nancy, take your time. Really.

I had a normal protein shake for dinner and I don't feel well-nauseated. Can't figure out why, but I'm sure it will pass.
  • Wonderful day..

Shopping for dresses is hard work !! I found one I love that is
    colorful & elegant and I plan to find a black(short sweater) top to go over
    it..So one down & one to go..

I have never tried martinis , so I don't know if I would like them or not..

Sloan..we have some nice mild spring days here too, and I am enjoying..

Rhonda..I think I got my walking in today shopping..
  • Rough night...shortly after I wrote I started vomiting and shaking. My temperature went up to 100 and the shaking was amazing. We all know what chills and shivering are like, but this was shaking uncontrollably.

It all calmed down around midnight and I slept well.

Boy, I don't know if it was a quick virus or I got food poisoning from the shake--it was cottage cheese, yogurt, frozen berries, and liquid egg white. They were all within their due dates.

We were able to get it out of the carpet. Nature's Magic is a great product.

Glad that you found a dress, Nancy...and any step counts!
  • Rhonda ...Sorry !!!!

I hope you can rest & sleep today and recover..That sounds like a scary
    episode !! Should you ask your Dr about it ??