Chat: Core/Simply Filling: May 1-15

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Nancy, good going on the mole results.

My day was interesting. The party was for a 7 year old and the memorial for a 74 year old. I spent the rest of the day working in the garden and cleaning around the place.

DH and I watched "Murder She Said" a movie with Margaret Rutherford playing Miss Marple. I love Agatha Christie.
  • We're home from the family reunion. Had a great time. Ate lots of pie. Saw lots of family. We're tired. I'll be back later. Love to you all!
  • I just read your posts. I'm sending you all kisses and hugs, too.
  • Another rainy day here..Kinda ready for some sunshine..

2 showings today..so that is encouraging..glad I cleaned & did yard work yesterday..

I am into a good murder mystery book ..I used to make a fort in my closet when I was a kid and read mystery books by flashlight..strange kid
  • I'm reading the "Jack Reacher" series. I always had to close the closet door before I could sleep

I did a lot of yard work today, and it's made me very tired.

Glad you had some showings, Nancy. And, glad you had a good time, Sandra.
  • More rainy weather..

I am getting a slow relaxing start today, having coffee and making my list for the week..

One bad food choice yesterday, but back on track..Maybe I should just allow myself one weekend cheat.. !!

I finished my book last night and plan to start another tonight..I enjoy the quiet
    house & reading at night with the cat on my lap (but I keep a closer eye on him for nightmares )
  • I enjoy the quiet in my house too. I get it in the mornings before DH wakes up.

No cat though. I'd like to have one but DH is not so keen on them in the house.
  • ummm...shrimp cocktail, grilled salmon, kale and new potatoes for late lunch. not bad at all... made it ourselves.

I'm going out tonight to listen to some wonderful jazz.
  • Nancy, I'm so glad your lab work came back good. What a blessing!

Rhonda, enjoy the music tonight. We'll be watching "The Voice."

I have 5 more days of tutoring. I love those kids!

My food is bad. I'm going to WW tomorrow but will refuse to WI.
  • Rhonda..I want your day !! Salmon..jazz..Does it get any better !!

It has rained about 3 inches here today..

I have done odds & ends and
    got a few things done outside between rains.

Tomorrow I am going to see Iron Man 3 with my cousin and taking her out to dinner for her birthday..
  • This is who I went to hear:

http://www.carolynmartinmusic.com/

It was just her and her husband, a bass player. They were amazing--and no cover.

Here she is, singing "Detour"..a swing classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FtUJMEiCPo
  • I was going out to art class and then to hear more jazz. The art teacher is sick and the people who were going out to hear jazz have changed their minds. So, I'm in for the evening.

I spent a few hours working in the yard again today. I have two large areas in my front lawn turned over to native perennials and I've been putting down landscape cloth and mulch. The mulch is on sale thank goodness. It's back-breaking work and my hamstrings don't like it either

Eating has been OK, probably too many carbs, but not the worst day at all.
  • Went to see Iron Man 3 today and out to eat with my cousin..
    They brought me an overcooked "shoe leather" steak twice so
    I just ate the salad & sweet potato & shrimp that came on the plate.
    It was enough anyway & they took the steak off the check.

2 showings tomorrow evening so in the morning I plan to work in the yard.

Night all !!
  • Where are you, chickies?