its official

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I think there should be a drum roll right about now..................

Well, i'm 318.2 pounds. Pretty much where I thought I would be.

My BMI is a whopping 39. Ugh. Considering I must have weighed around 420 a year ago, I'm happy with the progress. I have to point out that I am tall, so I figure I have about 80 pounds still to lost to get down to a healthy weight.

Matt
  • Way to go Matt! You are very tall and that makes a big difference. Congrats on the loss and good luck for the next 80 lbs we are rooting for you!
  • We sure are rooting for ya! You're doing GREAT! and You will do it!
  • That is wonderful! You can do it, the next 80 will be no problem you are already over halfway to your goal
  • Good for you! And 318 is DEFINITELY better than 420!
  • so we had a race, right? you were breaking 300 when i break 200? heh. just kidding. don't try to drop 18 pounds in a few weeks. not good.

but really, awesome that you will now have two ways to measure your success! pants size AND the evil scale!
  • Matt,

AMAZING!!! You have done really great and so much to be proud of. We're in about the same place, I've lost 105 and have 85 more to go.

Keep up the great work!!
  • That is awesome Matt, look how far you've come. You'll get to goal in no time.
  • Yay Matt! Go Matt! That means you've lost around 100 lbs!! WOOO HOOO
  • That's great that you've lost so much. Keep it up!!!
  • matt... you are FABULOUS!!!! and you'll be in one of those little speedo's in time for your next trip to the islands!!!!!

and THEN we'll all expect a pic!!!

and speaking of pics... where's our british boxing poster boy????
  • Yeah...now that you mention it, Si has been gone for a while...
  • Matt,

That is AWESOME, keep up the great work, I know you can do it, GOOD FOR YOU
  • I just want to add my congrats on the 100 pounds! You have done so great. And now the BMI is out of the morbidly obese range too! I was in the morbidly obese range myself once and now am just plain old obese! I can't wait to no longer say the "o" word!!
    good luck to you and best wishes!!
    Laura
    313/228/180
  • Thanks everyone.

Holly, I think you will beat me in the race! It would be very nice to be under 300 at the start of July, but I don't think that will happen. You are knocking on the door to Onederland!

Jiffy, thats a very scary thought to see me in speedos. In the bahamas I didn't even take my shirt off (i went swimming in a T-Shirt). The last thing I need is for people to see my large gut and man-boobies.