New Member + Motivation

• Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums but definitely not new to the journey of weight loss. I'm 24 and have always been slightly overweight. I'm 5'1 and pear shaped so while I carry it well I've never really been in shape. At my highest weight I was 186 lbs and at my lowest I was 124 but unfortunately I gained it all back and now hover around 145. I don't want to just want to look "ok". At 24 I feel I should be fit and toned.

I decided to try a online forum for support b/c its kind of difficult to discuss with friends and fam. My bf is supportive but is a typical guy and pretty much says "just do it or don't" (of course there's a lot more to it than that or everyone would be fit lol). And while I love my friends they are either in shape and insist I'm "just fine" or are much more overweight than me so I feel kind of guilty and kind of like a B for complaining them about trying to lose 20lbs when they're trying to lose 50 or 60.

So my goals are 115-120lbs, get toned by mid-june, and run a 10k in under an hour (ive already ran a couple 5ks). (roughly 25-30lbs in 45 days!)

Anyways, that's my story!, looking forward to chatting with everyone.
  • oops I just noticed the Introductions thread. Can the mods please move this for me? sorry newbie mistake