Jump in weight with calorie increase?

• Do most people experience an increase in weight when adjusting calories up? I'm taking a week off from my resistance training because I had stopped making gains and was experiencing muscle fatigue, and I decided to increase my calories during that time as well to make sure I was giving my body the right nutrition to recover. I've really only upped my calories about 150 a day, though it's probably more of a practical increase than that since I haven't been exercising, and I've jumped up 2 lbs. in two days. This is very unusual for me as my weight does not fluctuate more than maybe 1 lbs. I wasn't doing any sort of low carb diet so I know I'm not looking at a glycogen increase, unless I could have depleted my muscles from exercising and eating at a deficit? I'm trying not to panic since I know I haven't eaten enough to actually gain weight, but it's scary.
  • Possible it is just the "weight" of the food. I find more often than not when I start eating more I gain quite a bit. Generally if I go back to what I was eating -- less -- the weight goes too. It is just a matter of it *ahem* moving through my system.

Tuesday I ate a large plate of pasta. When I got it out of the take out bag I even remarked to the people around me that it felt like it weighed 8 lbs. Sure enough... I was up an obscene amount of weight but today it "ahem" moved through my system and then I was pretty much back to normal. It is amazing what the pure weight of food can do.