Interested in learning about Druidism

• I'm looking for any Druid chicks out there who would be willing to share some general information about Druidism as they live it. I'm providing some background on my question below and what has led to my questions about Druidism, but feel free to skip this if you'd like. In short, it seems Druidism has a focus on veneration of nature and ancestors and is accepting of non-polytheistic beliefs. These speak to me, hence my desire to learn more.

-------------------------------------------------------
    Background:

I was raised Christian (Lutheran) with a pastor for a father. However, the last few years I've felt like I've been losing my spirituality. I have no interest in going to church on Sunday morning and when I do go, I don't put much into the service. There are many teachings that either don't make sense to me or directly contradict my personal beliefs, and I hate sitting in a pew having someone lecture me on what is right or wrong once a week when I know for a fact the pastors aren't necessarily practicing what they preach. The religion also contradicts with my personal beliefs of freedom, and that I don't see how something could be seen as negative if one isn't harming oneself or others.

For most of my life, but particularly in the last few years, the only times I feel connected to anything spiritual is when I'm out in nature, particularly hiking in the mountains. Yesterday I went for a walk along an open space trail. There was an open field of long, yellowed grass in front of me with one lone large, leafless tree. A moderate wind blew across the field into my face and in that one moment, I felt more than I had in church in years.

I've been interested in pagan religions for quite a while, particularly their focus on nature, acceptance of those with other religious beliefs, and that they aren't interested in forcing conversion of others. However, I've been hesitant to pursue paganism as my beliefs don't really fall in line with multiple deities. After some brief internet research, as I mentioned above, Druidism's veneration of nature and ancestors and apparent compatibility with non-polytheistic beliefs has piqued my interest, so I would like to learn more.
  • Hi there! I recommend ADF. They're open minded, very devoted, have varied personal practices and beliefs but share a common method of practice, also very focused on research. They, like most people working in Druidism, ARE polytheists.

I think some aspects of Buddhism may appeal to you more.
  • Hi there,

I'm a member of ADF (Ár nDraíocht Féin so we call it ADF for short).

If you are searching, which it seems you are, I recommend a book called, "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Celtic Wisdom." The name is a turn off for some, but the book is actually very good. It's an easy read and explores different facets of Druidry.

I myself, while a member of ADF am more of a Celtic Reconstructionist... yeah, that usually clears the room. What that means is that I research the folklore, mythology and archaeology of the Ancient Celtic peoples to find out what they (my ancestors) did, and believed. While there are many gaping holes in what we know about the ancient Celts, there is quite a bit of info on them as well.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions.
  • I know it's been a while, but thank you both for replying. I did decide to start down the path of Druidry. At the moment I'm solitary and unsure if I'll join an organization or not. I did get a lot of good information out of Issac Bonewit's Druidism guide, which of course included a lot of ADF information and principles.

Again, thank you for taking the time to reply several months ago.

ETA: After exposure to polytheism, I have evolved my beliefs to more panentheistic. I think my initial hesitation had to do with my Christian upbringing.
  • DATA
    hey, I hope you are in good health. The conversation is based on the creature TD's learning path. if any student or other users want to explore data smoothly this platform is perfect for you just click . have full trust in this online service