I bought some calipers last night

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • And I'm 34% body fat. BMI is 27.2.
    I have 112 lbs of lean body mass so to have a athletic amount of BF I need to be 20-24% BF. my new weight goal is 135 lbs.
  • It's always nice to know the numbers! Sounds like a very reasonable and attainable goal!
  • best wishes, from another 5'6" chick! ( ( I will buy us a bottle of champagne when we hit 135! )
  • Another 5-6er here! Going for a goal of 136. We can do it!!!
  • Quote: best wishes, from another 5'6" chick! ( ( I will buy us a bottle of champagne when we hit 135! )
    You are so close!
  • Quote: Another 5-6er here! Going for a goal of 136. We can do it!!!
    Absolutely!!!
  • It is the 5'6" club in here!
  • I got measured at the dr's office at five feet 5.5 inches recently!!!

What kind of calipers did you get? They range in price from $6 to $200+ based on a quick internet search. I'm not about to run out and get a DEXA scan but I might be interested in trying calipers.
  • 25.00 I got them at a vitamin shoppe.
  • Quote: It is the 5'6" club in here!
    I want to be part of this club!!!

Did someone say champagne??
  • Good for you and good luck!
  • I totally thought this thread was titled "I bought some caterpillars last night" I think its time for bed haha
  • I'm in the club too! 5'6 and goal is 135. I want calipers too! lol. Were they easy to use?
  • Quote: I'm in the club too! 5'6 and goal is 135. I want calipers too! lol. Were they easy to use?
    I'd love to know that too! would be kewl to have all that info.

The 5'6" and 135 Club, and Stephanie must be Club Prez!
  • As the elected official prez of the 5'6" club I say: calipers, caterpillars, and champagne for all!!!!

I have 2 calipers (and 2 scales, safer that way lol). Very easy to use. Even online calculators to input that'll do the math for you AND YouTube vids on how to measure. Personally I like the 7 site measurements best, I think they're the most accurate.