Chat: Core/Simply Filling: April 16-30

You're on Page 4 of 7
Go to
  • Sandra, when my sister was a child she wanted to give away some kittens, so her sign read "kittens for give."

Nancy, sorry to hear that about your friend, but not surprised. What kind of snake did you scare? I worked a lot in the yard yesterday and expected to find some but I didn't.

I talked to Ann today and got a laugh from her. She has the word's most sarcastic and sardonic sense of humor so I can say almost anything much of the time. She's in pain, sad, and coping.

I took my great niece to see a great ballet today, and went out to a jazz performance tonight. We had such wonderful talent in this neck of the woods, just hard to believe at times. The costuming, set design, etc at the ballet was very professional, to say nothing of the dancing---accompanied by a chamber orchestra of 20 performers. Not the kind of recitals we had in my day, I can promise you.

I hope you all have a good night.
  • Rhonda, how cute about the kitty sign. I'm glad you got to visit with Ann today. Also, glad you had a good time today with the arts.

Day 5

So far so good.
  • Yayyyyyyy! My doctor told me to stop the antibiotics. I am so relieved. I have been nauseous since Friday. I am already much much better.

Day 6 (I did use some WAP's today. Curtis brought me some ice cream to make me feel better.)
  • Yay, Sandra! Yay for ice cream, too!
  • Thank you, Sloan. Tomorrow is WI. Today was my highest point day of the week. (so far) Tomorrow's my last day of the week and I wi tomorrow afternoon.
  • Glad you got off the antibiotics Sandra....and good for Curtis for getting you ice cream.

I saw the podiatrist today who told me to take the anti-inflammatory for one more week, then stop and see what happens.

We have a tap performance tomorrow morning, then a really big one on Saturday at the Jazz Fest. Then, we are taking a loonnnggg break!
  • Rhonda, I hope you're able to come off the Meloxicam; but, if not, there's more at the store.

Today is WI.

Day 7
  • It's cold here..

I am under blankets doing paperwork...

I had a consult today with a plastic surgeon about taking my earlobe mole off.
    He agrees it needs to come off but said it should look fine after it heals.
    They are doing it Thursday..

Rhonda..hope the tap performance went great..

Sandra..Wishing you the best for your WI
  • Nancy, will you have this done in his office or will you be going to a hospital?

We just got home from lunch out. Now I'm waiting to go back to WI.

Day 7
  • Quote: Nancy, will you have this done in his office or will you be going to a hospital?

We just got home from lunch out. Now I'm waiting to go back to WI.

Day 7
    It will be done in his office and he even said I could drive home afterwards !!
    My cousin is going with me .. I am not worried about the actual procedure, but I will just be relieved when its done & I still have an earlobe.
  • Nancy, I'm glad your cousin's going with you. Also glad your ear will be spared.

My brother just told me he's having his right foot amputated next week. He's been working hard to keep it but that's just not in the plan. Sad...
  • Sandra..so sorry to hear this..
    I feel silly worried about an earlobe with what he is facing..
  • Sandra, i'm so sorry about your brother.

Nancy, almost any medical procedure is worth some anxiety. I hope it all goes well.

Our tap performance was great, actually. We were all very pleased. Now, one more practice before the big one on Saturday.

Our drama at church continues and some of us are meeting Thursday night to decide what to do. Right now, I think we are forming another group, run on a strictly volunteer basis, with no paid clergy.
  • Nancy, you have every right to be worried about your earlobe. I'm worried about my ingrown toenail. We each have to deal with what we have.

Rhonda, religious warfare is hard. We went through that a couple of years ago.

My brother's spirits are good. I'm very impressed with his bravery.

I administered the state test to some students today. Am I pooped! Just had a 17 point dinner. That should revive me.
  • Not much happening here today, but we went to see The Story of Pi and enjoyed it.

I was really tired after yesterday's tapping and all the walking I've doing. It's going to take a while to get back into shape.

I'm watching a program on asteroids and DH is snoring away on the sofa beside me.