It's a total bummer that....

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: Okay, does the rest of the world REALLY think that jeans are COMFORTABLE??? I have never thought so and never wear them around the house. Give me elastic!!!!
    Although i wore low waist jeans in my glory days, i think you can find comfortable jeans if you search on the high waist sections....they are comfortable on me if they are not cutting into my protruding belly.
  • Quote:
    Oh, and I keep buying belts that are too large when I get them home but seem to fit OK in the shop.
    I do this too and it's so annoying! I want to have a belt that lasts me months, but at the store I get conservative and afraid it won't fit at all and so buy the size up.

Up until now, the weight has kind of slid off of me. Don't get me wrong, I did a lot of work, but I saw consistent results. Now I'm getting to the point in my weight loss when I have to claw and fight for every .2 lbs lost. I keep having to remind myself that I'm not doing anything wrong, it's just going to be harder from now on!
  • ITA with the arm thing, it drives me insane that my arms are disproportionately larger to the rest of me. And they do totally ruin pictures, I feel like the only ones I look good in are when I'm in the middle of a group and my arms are hidden. I have no idea how much weight I'll have to lose for them to look normal!
  • Wait!!! I'm totally confused. You mean to tell me that they make pants with zippers and waist bands??? And some material other than stretchy??? It's a distant, faded memory, but it's coming back. My bummer? The elasticized, stretchy jeans -- while a life saver so that I had pants to wear -- seem to be contracting as I do. I want new pants, but am too frugal to go out and buy them when I know that I'll have to eventually and these things still fit. Actually, it might be more appropriate to say that they're beginning to fit properly as in it doesn't matter if they're made of stretchy material any more!
  • I love that I'm not the only one with a secret love for maternity pants.

Although I'm a petite height I actually find a similar problem with the length of tops.

I'm large breasted (which of course only gets worse when I'm pregnant and nursing) and unless the tops have a decent length to them they end up way too short. But because I'm petite the tops that are usually long enough are cut too large for the rest of my frame.

Finding a top that hits at my hips and doesn't make me look like a child finding her way through her mother's closet is almost impossible.