Kinda funny story

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So I'm coming out of perpetual lurking to share a kinda funny thing that happened to me to today.
    Every Friday I go to Panera to use their free wifi and indulge in a bagel.
    It's a few blocks away so just a short walk. Well I was walking down the street and a stressed looking mom was tugging and trying to corral two rowdy boys down the street. Probably about 6-7 years old. This one boy points to me and yells "fat man." Now, I'm not, nor have I ever been, one to get upset by such a thing, but I was slightly crestfallen because I woke up this morning and discovered I was down another pound, which made 3 down over the past week so I was kinda on cloud nine....full of confidence...all that jazz. Well the boy keeps on saying it, like 3 times, trying to get his moms attention. My next thought was "omg! Do I look like a man?" so, now im just puzzled.
    Finally the mom acknowledges the kid and looks at me and goes "yep, that's Batman" ...
    Yeah, I had a batman shirt on. The kid was excited at seeing batman. So now I'm back up on cloud nine and feeling good about myself.
  • LOL!
    Cute story.
    Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • Lol
  • Welcome, Batman!
  • That's hilarious!
  • LOL! That really perked up my day. Kids do indeed say the funniest things.
  • Quote: LOL! That really perked up my day. Kids do indeed say the funniest things.
    The kid said it OK , it was the poster who heard it wrong .
  • That is so funny, Batman. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • Very cute!!
  • That was cute and a good feeling story to read to start my day. Congrats on the loss!
  • Maybe you should change your member name to "I'm Batman".... (wiping tears out of my eyes this story made me laugh so much.) Congratulations on the loss! You're doing a great job!
  • Bahaahahahah.....too cute!!

and congratulations on the weight loss....
  • cute story, congrats on the weight loss!!

• And a great example of how our perception of ourselves influences what we "hear" and how we interpret things.
  • too cute.