First Meal Post-Op

• Yesterday was my first day of soft foods after having my VSG surgery a month ago. I was SO excited to have a scrambled egg, but had been told by so many people that eggs made them sick after surgery. I was REALLY hoping that I was not going to be one of those people, because I LOVE eggs.

Happily, my scrambled egg went down just fine yesterday and today!

I'm just curious, what was your first "meal" after surgery, and how did it go over?
  • Have no idea lol..cant remember...but eggs haven't made me sick either.
  • i can't remember that far back EXCEPT that scrambled eggs would not stay down for nearly two years. Hard boiled eggs worked much better for me. and i remember eating them sometime in the first month after surgery. with hot sauce. it hurt because, well, thiink about rubbing hot sauce into a cut on your hand - and that's what happened inside. the poor surgeon just shook his head.

Glad you're doing so well.
  • lol eggs made me sick at first but now they are fine with me. I can't remember what my meal was either....I wish I did now that I'm thinking about it lol. Actually I think eggs were my first meal too! I went to eat lunch with a friend and ordered a breakfast plate (even though I knew I wouldn't eat hardly any of it) and I remember the waitress coming over asking if there was something wrong with the plate cause I hadn't eaten much lol. That has happened twice at 2 different places. That's the point that it hit me to order a la carte or off the kids menu. That way they aren't offended when I don't eat much lol.
  • psst. christy - you're not responsible for making people feel better about what you eat or don't eat. having said that, after my surgery, i told the owners of a couple of restaurants i ate in regularly what was going on, so they could help me with any special requests. They were all VERY happy for me. But for those random occasional jaunts - i just smile sweetly and say 'it's delicious, but i guess my eyes are bigger than my stomach.' and end it there!!