Not new to weight loss, but new here

• My mom always taught me to introduce myself, so ...

I'm 37, and I live in Wash DC. I'm a government employee and group exercise instructor.

I've followed Weight Watchers for many years, with about a 70-lb loss overall (with about 50 to go). I'm a HUGE fan of WW for myself, but I understand that others find success in other places. It's all good as long as you're healthy and happy.

I always say I'll just lurk, and then I can't help myself, heh.
  • Quote: My mom always taught me to introduce myself, so ...

I'm 37, and I live in Wash DC. I'm a government employee and group exercise instructor.

I've followed Weight Watchers for many years, with about a 70-lb loss overall (with about 50 to go). I'm a HUGE fan of WW for myself, but I understand that others find success in other places. It's all good as long as you're healthy and happy.

I always say I'll just lurk, and then I can't help myself, heh.
    Welcome to 3FC, GGG!

It's great that WW is working for you. Congratulations on a fantastic weight loss - keep up the good work!
  • Hi Ya'all
    Weight loss is a daily struggle for me! I have tried almost every diet out there. But truth be told....The only one that really works is watching what you eat and exercising. I have dropped a large amount of weight but have not hit my goal. I have hit a plateau! Need some do's and don'ts that have worked for you. Thanks!
  • Weight loss is a daily struggle for all of us. Believe me, I'm not skipping around, singing happy weight-loss songs as I box up half my meal, and blissfully sipping my Coke Zero over here, either. It sucks, but being fat sucked more.

Geez, I wish I had some great tips, but as I'm still seeing my goal off in the distance, I'm not sure I have many! I did most of my losing in 2004 - 2006, and have been inching down ever so slowly ever since.

I know that I got a leeeeetle lazy when I shrank out of plus-size stores and into "mall stores," and that's partly why I haven't gotten there yet; I looked pretty good, I got some pretty new clothes, and ... **pause.** I likely need a new reason to keep shrinking.

But I consider it a huge success that I haven't gained the weight back. I put maybe 10-12 lbs back on about 2 years ago, and I buckled back down; those are now gone, and I need to attack the remaining 50 lbs.

Good luck to you. I feel your pain.
  • Hi there,

I just joined today, too! I wish both of us luck. I am rejoining WW this week, I lost 35 lbs on it 10yrs ago. I am also going to intersperse fasts (which I absolutely love doing!).
    Welcome!
  • Welcome to 3FC!
  • Welcome!
    Hi, I'm new here too and just wanted to say Welcome! Weight Watchers didn't work for me. Well, it would work for a few months and then I just couldn't stick with it. My mom and my sister are both WW lifetime members, but it allowed too much freedom for me. I started Medifast 4 days ago and it's going great so far.

It seems like there are quite a few of us newbies starting this week - maybe we should start an April 2013 newbie sub thread so we can support each other since we're all sort of starting out here.
  • Welcome and good luck on your journey!!