April Feathers Chat!

You're on Page 3 of 9
Go to
  • Hi everyone, I'm a newbie as well!

I'm only trying to drop couple of pounds and tone up a bit, so I think I can post here. Well, I'm actually trying to do more than that, but I joined on this forum specifically for the next 15 days, because I am doing a sort of "challenge" where I am going to have to do kind of stricter diet and exercise, and I think maybe I will appreciate extra support! For the most part, I am trying to lose weight very slowly and just make small changes, but I wanted to try just a couple of weeks really going for it, and to maybe win a prize at my work for the challenge! And then I plan to go back to doing moderate again.

I don't know how much I weight right now, I think it is about 140-145 pounds, but I took some pictures (with a silly box over my face for the privacy! lol). I hope that if I start to do exercise, I will get a little toned up! Most important is how I look, not how much I weight.

We are starting our challenge on Monday, which is: every day, do some cardio exercise and some strength exercise (it does not have to be a lot!) and replace one meal with a protein drink. It is not very hard, but it is more strict than what I have been doing!

I think this forum looks really nice...hope to have fun chatting with you all!

• Where is everyone? Usually I have to scramble to catch up!

So my running experience was unpleasant yesterday. I planned an 8-mile walk/run because I am woefully underprepared for my half marathon. It was going pretty well, the weather was fantastic, but then I started getting these really awful lower back pains every time I ran. Wasn't so bad during the walking part. By the fifth mile, it was unbearable while running, so I walked home from there, leaving me a total of about six miles. Which isn't bad, but this race is in three weeks, and six miles isn't anywhere close to 13. And if I can't even run that, I don't know. Well, if this is an actual injury and not a fluky one-time running pain, then I may be out of the race.

My weight was a little up today, too, and I don't know whether it was because of the bad running experience (retaining some water and the injury?) or because I actually ate two small things that were off plan (1 mini dark chocolate bar and about 1/4 cup of rice with some curry I'd made). Also, I drank more wine than I meant to on Saturday I mean, who knows WHAT causes weight fluctuations. That's okay, I'm fully back in the game today. I can't run anyway because today is one of my 12=hour work/class days, so I'm hoping that by Wednesday (next running day), this nonsense will have gone away!

@Chahma - welcome! Sounds like your life is super stressful right now, and it sounds like you have the right focus. Poor kitty! Your getting out of the 160s is how I feel about getting out of the 140s right now. I will feel an enormous literal weight lifted.

@Mitzy - you look great in your pics. Sounds like a great challenge! Losing weight slowly but with success sounds like the best way to go about it.
  • sacha : I saw you before around on the forum. Aren't you from Montreal? And not sleeping could definitely be for something, increasing the stress levels and than playing on the hormones secretion... It must be so hard not sleeping :S

Olehcat : Woah, major NSV, woman!!! Props to you! And it must be even more rewarding to see a drop instead of a gain if you would have slurge on Friday

HUGHGGGH, I so get you on the run, I was about to be sick during my run on Saturday! When is your race again? End of April, isn't it?

Chahma : Welcome! I think your goals are clear and simple; it will probably motivation you to keep pushing! Good luck!!!

Mitsy : Hi! Welcome! You are looking great!! Good luck with your challenge. Your challenge does look a bit more strict, especially the part of replacing a meal with a shake. Hopefully it is only for 2 weeks!

Hola ladies! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I am back down at 134.0 since yesterday which I am really happy about. I feel I am really back on track and control.

We had a busy and not really fullfilling weekend. On Saturday I headed out for a simple 10k run, but the last 4k felt horrible. I did not wait enough after I had lunch (thx to the boyfriend who kept asking when I was going out for a run so he could go back to his PS3 lol) and I felt like my chili wanted to go back into this world :P Charming feeling!

Sunday was a sucky day, we had to go to Qc city (which is a total of total of 5.5 hours drive) to have lunch with the boyfriend's dad and sister. Yes, to have LUNCH. It was the boyfriend's and boyfriend's sister birthday a week ago and their dad really wanted them to do something ''together''. Which is normal, but to push for something like that when we all live in 3 different cities totally apart from each other..? But there is not much thing they can do, their daddy had severe depression syndrome and they all feel responsible and do not their do something that could depress their dad, which is noble from them... but I am feeling bad for the boyfriend who is stress from from and had no energy whatsoever to head their yesterday

On another note, I realized last night that this week, my half-marathon training program was going from 3 runs a week to 4 RUNS a week! That will completely change the training program (3 runs + 2 gym workouts) I was following for the past 1.5 month. I think I might not get another gym membership from now, the weather is warming up, I might switch to really bike cycling and get a kettlebell or something and do bodyweight strenght training at home.

Have a great week everyone!!
  • oleh ~ Hope your long day is going well. I'm with ya on that weird "gain after running" phenomenon. SO frustrating! Then again I know that for myself, when I'm at this weight, I tend to be much more sensitive to random water gains.

Turbo ~ lol at your "deadmill". For some reason, I just feel like it's easier on my joints. The ideal situation would be a "deadmill" outside, so I could run on it AND be in the great outdoors, but alas, will have to build that into my next house. Poor bf! Sometimes you just do what you gotta do to keep the parents happy, but man, that sounds like a lot of aggravation. Hopefully he's not to worn down for the rest of the week. That half marathon training sounds hard core!

chahma ~ Welcome! And you're also in the 5'8" + club. Hurrah!!! Being sick is NO FUN. I was out two weeks ago with bronchitis and for some reason, took that as free license to plow through Nilla wafers (of all things!) and barrels of dates. Something to do with the pleasure centers of the brain or something...

mitsy ~ Hiya! Sounds like a supportive work place. What program are you doing? And slow and steady is definitely the way to go.

sacha ~ Hi there. yuck to no sleeping. Hoping that you can find some rest in between the two kiddos and the hubby.

~~~
    Had a rockin' weekend with some really beautiful weather thrown in.

Girls night in on Friday, then went out for Lebanese food and hookah on Saturday. Church on Sunday, then bought balloons and baked a cake for a friend's birthday party tonight.

I've got a jammin' week ahead. Have rehearsal tomorrow, then concert Wednesday. Free day Thursday, another rehearsal on Friday, then concert on Saturday. Also made arrangements to meet up on Saturday with a dude I met online, so that's something to look forward to.

Also started my "get ready for summer" body care routine. Started with the heavy duty exfoliation and self-tanner and while it's kind of a hassle, totally worth the effort. We're supposed to be up near the 70s and 80s tomorrow! Whaaaaaat?

Enjoy Monday, feathers!
  • krampus I'm sure you don't need any exercise midday, since you are often doing 2 workouts a day, morning and evening. I just can't fit that in with the kiddo, so I just try to do my morning workout, and the plan is to do a lunch time run 3 days a week.

Turbo Great to hear you found a new place, and that it will save you money.

sacha Poor you, hope you get a good night's rest soon. I know it was really tough for me with one waking through the night, I couldn't imagine 2. Last night my daughter got up because she was congested, and wanted me to blow her nose. That was at 2:30 am, and I think I only managed to get about another 1/2 hour after that, because I just couldn't fall back asleep. But I figure if I'm having trouble falling asleep, then I'm getting enough sleep. When she was a baby, she would wake up constantly, and I was often in a zombie state, and often fell asleep while breastfeeding her, etc, so to go from that to not being able to fall asleep is an improvement I guess. Hope it improves for you soon.

olehcat Good job on the moderation. I had a similar victory yesterday. My husband wanted to go to dairy queen, and I went with him and had a blizzard. Normally I would have just threw caution to the wind and ate like crap the rest of the day, but I just continued to eat the way I had originally intended, and chalked it up to being a maintenance day instead of a weight loss day. That is so much better than a weight gain day, so I don't know why it's been so hard for me to finally get one of those victories under my belt.

chahma Welcome I honestly find the European French is so much easier to understand, since that's what I learnt in school. When I go to Quebec, I usually feel pretty lost because the dialect is a lot different IMO. I'm so glad that my daycare provider is from France, and the french at the school seems to be more of the European variety too, so that makes it easier for me.

Misty Welcome and good luck on your work challenge.

Alexis I've never been able to put the effort into a body care routine, but maybe I should. I seriously cannot even be bothered to put moisturizer on my hands in the winter, when they get so dry, sometimes to the point of cracking and bleeding (gross, I know). I don't have any desire to use a self-tanner, but sometimes I wonder if I should be doing something to help myself age a little better.

-------------

The roller derby training was really fun. I love skating, so I don't know why my skates have sat in my closet for the past 7 years (probably a combo of having a kid, and there being nowhere to skate indoors around here, and not being able to skate safely outside, since I can't stop very well). We were told to skate in a "derby stance", which basically means you skate in a squatted position, as it gives you a better center of gravity, and allows for safer falls, so I'm hoping it really works my legs well, as I kind of feel like my strength training routine is lacking a bit in that area.

Today is the last day of my competition. I've already done my weigh in, and I think I'm going to ditch the scale for a while. I'm pretty sure I've placed 3rd, but people have until the end of day to weigh in, so I'm not sure yet.
  • Thanks to everyone for the welcome comments!!
    Having a good first day. I did some kind of random exercise moves while watching 30 Rock in the morning (just started to watch the show from the season one!), and for lunch I had a yummy chocolate protein shake with a salad. So I did both my goals for today! First day is always easy though, isn't it?

JessicaB, are you doing a competition too? Good luck! I didnt know what is roller derby, but it looks cool and fun!

Ale trophic, I am not sure exactly what program I am doing...more like just doing my own thing. Lol. We are having hot weather here now too! Its a great idea to do those self-care things in preparation for summer instead of only trying to lose weight. It seems like a lot of people only care to diet and look good in other bikini!

TurboMammith, wow, half-marathin! It sounds like you are in very good shape and do lots of exercise. That is great!

Olehcat, that's great you are doing a half marathon too! I hope you are not injured badly. I cannot handle the weight fluctuations and the scale makes me sooo much stress! That is why I am taking photos to see progress, so I don't have to weight myself.
  • Hey all! Have you missed me? It's been, what, a month? More? I don't even remember.

I can't say I've been doing well, but on the plus side I haven't really gone up. I've been waking up at 147 more days than not, but lately I've been just inhaling food, mostly after work. It's bad.

But the hubs and I booked a cruise on Friday, we leave May 19! So I need to kick it up a notch and get in swim suit shape ASAP!!

~Katy
  • I'm presently stuffing a dinner of melon and almonds and dried fish into my face, as I've gotta be out the door in about 15 minutes to get to my next class. I'll be back this evening to do some personals -- just wanted to check in and yak a bit about my Daqing weekend. I managed to stay pretty well on plan, even though I got taken out to dinner twice, and ate more than I should have both times.

When you eat Chinese-style, all the dishes are served in the middle, and you pluck out whatever with your chopsticks. It's so easy to sit down and think "I'll just have a few bites off each and be done with it", but, well, it never works out that way. I did get in a day where I did 2 4-mile runs, which was great, and was probably the cause of my weighing in at half a kg less than my last weigh-in!

Oh, and the train rides there and back were brutal! It's not even that far from where I live to Daqing, but each trip took about 11 hours, as we stopped in every freaking dried-up cornhusk village along the line. On the trip there, I managed to get some good work done, but I just languished and power-read Great Expectations on the way back. I wanted to kill the two dudes across the aisle from me who were smoking! The whole cabin was fogged by smoke when we finally arrive, and now my coat stinks. Yay.
  • Hi again and thanks for the warm welcomes! I have no idea WHY I picked final exams season to start the monthly chat because this is the busiest time ever!! But I reaaaaally want to make sure not to fall off the wagon this time around sp this forum really is helping me

Tubro- Yes- I'm French canadian! I live in a pretty "English" environment though my bf's anglophone and living in Ottawa and all...I'm also training for a half marathon! It's gonna be my third one actually. I haven't been running nearly as much as I should but I am SO happy spring seems to finally want to make its way up here! I can't wait to get back on the bike trails and run outside. Unlike you brave kid, I haven't even ran outside once! I'm in for a chock once I run outside I know...eeeekkk. I think you could totally do without the gym membership if you get a kettle-bell and a few weights at home. I'm the type of person that needs people around me to workout so I couldn't do it. I quit way too easily if I'm alone in my basement!

JessicaB I've been wanting to try rollerD forever!! I actually looked into it a few months ago but the ottawa schedule didn't work with mine. I should look into it again for this summer maybe it's better now! I've never tried roller skating though- just in-line skates. Is it much different? I'm sure your legs will look awesome!

Alexis- I'm very envious of your nice weather! I also have a "self care body routine" but I find I added so many things to it that sometimes it's hard to keep up! haha. Do you find the more you add it's like " ok now I have to remember to do X every week" and it adds up quickly! Maybe it's just me My top favorite self care item if most definitely having invested in IPL hair removal! My only regret is that I haven't started years ago!

So this week has been pretty good so far to me. Weight in at 163...my weight isn't going down but at least it's not going up! I have a great workout at the gym yesterday...went up that stair machine (not the stair master but the one that actually mimics walking up real stairs) for 5km and a total of 150 floors I thought I was gonna die after! Especially when I had to go up two more floors to get to the change room after my workout haha. I had healthy food all day and am planning on doing the same today. I find for me what works is really focusing on one day at a time otherwise I get overwhelmed. Today I have a volleyball game ( last of the season booooo ) and am hoping to go for a short run outside. My first outside run of the season I need to take it easy! ( not TOO easy since my half marathon is May 26 which is coming quickly!)

Back to studying I go...I have one exam Friday ( worth 100% of my final grade, gotta love Law School ) and another one next Tuesday then I'M DONE!!
  • xioibaicai- I never felt unsafe but that was back between 2003-2006. I for myself would travel to Mexico but I wouldn't go anywhere near the USA-mexico border. As long as you're careful and don't put yourself in dangerous situations you should be fine. I also lived in Buenos Aires ( AMAZING city!! ) and never really felt unsafe there either. I mean you have to be careful but like NYC careful. I traveled to Columbia which I absolutely loved but I had to be really careful as well. They are a country at civil war after all. I love love love latin america and would strongly urge you to travel there! Just keep to safe areas and be careful who you hang around with and you should be totally fine.

Krampus- I'm a bit late but that leg workout sounds like a killer! Good for you! I love lifting weights, and would really like to get into lifting regularly ( and heavy) but I can't seem to find the motivation to do weights without a partner. I don't really have any girlfriends who have the same schedule as me or who are interested in weight lifting so it's tough. I do the group exercise classes Body Pump which is weight lifting but high reps with low weights. It somewhat works for me but when I do go in the free weight area at the gym and see the girls who lift I always think to myself " THIS is what I should be doing if I want results like THAT *staring at awesomely toned yet feminine fit body*" haha. So perhaps I should try to look harder for a partner! Are you the type of person who can be motivated alone?
  • Jessica B ~ Ahhh! Pins and needles about the results of the competition. Was this the first one that you've done with that site? I never used to bother with a "body care" routine either, but last summer it was this thread that got me in to taking better care of myself. For me, it just goes hand in hand with taking pride in my appearance.

Mitsy ~ Congrats on getting past day one! The beginning is always the easiest for me, too. The challenge is staying motivated and focused for the long haul. You can do this, girl!

Kakers ~ Welcome back!

xaio ~ Sounds like you had a great trip! I'm always so self conscious when it comes to eating in the "little dishes all in the center" style, and understand that it can be easy to go overboard like that. The train ride sounds like murder! Lots of stops + smoke = frayed nerves. Yuck!

Gen ~ *sending hugs + exam strength* Given the type of stress that you're under, maintenance is a HUGE victory. You're totally doing the right thing by keeping yourself accountable. We're happy to see you whenever you can post in. I think of this forum as a seat belt that keeps me strapped and accountable. Even if I get in a wreck, chances are that the damage will be considerably less than if I were trying to go it alone.

I DO find that I keep adding things to my "self-care" routine and then I think, oh, if I can't do the whole thing, then why bother at all.... but I want to remember that I feel so much better when I put in the effort.

~~~
    Overall, a good night yesterday! Went to a friend's birthday party and managed not to over-indulge. There was a moment of temptation when I drove home with two leftover cupcakes, but I managed to distract myself and keep on steppin'.

Went for a 3 mile run in 30 mins (that's a good time for me!) after I got home and woke up almost a full pound lighter this morning. Hurray!

Had a small emergency last after my computer crashed (got a grey screen and question mark file folder icon - doom!). Genius Bar appointment today. Hoping they'll be able to help fix!!!

Rehearsal for the "paying" gig tonight.
    Trying to keep to protein + veg + fruit to stay focused.

Happy Tuesday, Feather friends!!!
  • Alexis : Woah, that is a busy week ahead! Aww I love Hookah (even though I had to google it first, we don't call it that way here). I just find it so relaxing. And nice about meeting this guy this weekend! Do you have any set plans?

(props to you for not eating those cupcakes by the way! yummm, cupcakes LOL)

Jessica : woah, I can totally understand how squatting/skating could be a great workout. You'll get killer legs with all this!! How did your competition end up?

Mitsy : Yes, I think the first day of starting all over is always a bit more easier... you're all excited and motivated.. but I have no doubt you'll be able to keep this up!

Kakers : Long time no see! Ahhhh a cruise! Where? I am getting jealous, everyone around me is going on vacations or cruises LOL

Xiao : your eating chinese-style looks a lot like a perpetual potluck.. that'd probably be the end of me. Even though I repeat to myself ''I'm gonna keep in control'' it neeever happens. Your train travel sounds sucky, sorry you had to go through this!

Gen : Oh, is your marathon during the big Ottawa Races weekend? I wanted to do it but the timing was just not great this year. It's gonna be my third half too Concerning the gym membership, I'll actually get another card because I'm just like you : I won't be pushing myself as hard as I do in the gym if I just train at home! Hope you'll enjoy your first run of the season outside!!

133.4 this morning, yay! I'm pretty sure the drop back to the 133's is due to the pooping being back in control.

We had an awesome dinner last night of Buckwheat Crêpes wrap around light cheese and pesto with a side of potato grattin and it was amazing. Tonight was are trying some Fish Tacos for the first time and I am super excited about (I think I am mostly excited about the avocado/cilantro dressing I'm planning to eat them with LOL)

I am heading to the gym in a few minutes to do a bit of cardio and some strength training. I completely change my strength training program to fit as many muscles in one session.. I'll see how it goes.

Have a great day ladies!
  • Hi Feathers!

It's SOOOOOOOOOO NICE OUT here today and it was yesterday too. My boss brought his sweet and laid-back dog to work yesterday and I took him on an epic 45 minute walk all around the area. We found all kinds of cool back streets and nice houses and he got barked at by probably 15 different dogs.

Due to band practice I didn't get to have a "real" dinner and that + PMS resulted in probably the dumbest mindless overeating I've done in a while. Waaaay too many almonds, random bites of stuff just standing in front of the pantry, and nightmares about being perched atop a super steep slide being scared to go down. I woke up feeling gross and bloated and felt a pang of memory of "the binge days" a couple years ago, except I was up 0.2 on the scale and not 5+ pounds overnight - that's the difference isn't it? I went to the gym and banged out some squats and stairs before work and my spirits have been lifted. But really TOM, hurry UP!

Planning a hike or long walk with my BF after work today, then maybe a bonfire or BBQ. This nice weather isn't going to last, sadly rain and cooler temperatures are coming - but it's a nice preview of what's to come once spring plants its feet more firmly here! The challenge will of course be not sitting around eating everything in sight but that's the best kind of challenge to have.

Also I stalked JossFit and messaged her - she's doing fine and just needed a break from 3FC but says she'll come back.

Alexistrophic I'm glad to hear you had a nice evening out with friends and didn't go too crazy - I know how hard birthdays and the like can be, AND how hard it is to drive home with leftovers! 3 miles in 30 is a really nice pace and it was such a beautiful day to run. Hoping for the best regarding our laptop, Geniuses to the rescue!

CohesiveGen Wowowowow you've been busy - it's really admirable you've kept up with volleyball and marathon training and all that! It took me probably a YEAR to go from "reading about lifting online" to "lifting weights at the gym" - I am always alone, I have a couple of friends who lift but our schedules rarely line up. I still don't work on heavy compound lifts for optimum strength building and conditioning and my diet is sloppy in general...

xiaobaicai UGH smoking on trains is the worst. A few bullet trains in Japan still have smoking cars and they stink up the 2-3 cars in front of and behind them. I can't imagine spending 11 hours on a train with people smoking in my face - I'd probably barf. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend otherwise though. I've always thought it was easier to inhale more food more quickly with chopsticks than with Western utensils :P

kakers I'd been wondering about you! Not losing is much better than straight GAINING - are you still doing gymnastics? I have been struggling with eating too much at night too - I'm telling myself it's PMS and will be better in a week or two. You must be excited for the cruise, holy crap - where are you two going?

Mitsy55 Welcome! I think you'll find with even just "some" strength training and a caloric deficit, you'll see the results you want really quickly. Everyone always says "abs are made in the kitchen" and it's sad but true!

JessicaB How did you wind up placing in the competition? I hope you got some money out of all of it. Good for you for ditching the scale - it sounds like weighing all the time isn't going to do much for you (or anyone really, but some people take weigh-ins less seriously than others). Roller derby training sounds like a BEATING - I have a few friends around here who do it and they're bruised and broken constantly!

TurboMammoth Stressful weekend aside, I'm glad you are feeling back on track. 4 runs a week is pretty intense - who has time for expensive gyms with all that running I'm sorry the lunch with BF's dad was so stressful. My dad has pretty crippling depression and it's hard for grown children to not feel guilty about it, I think. Fish tacos sounds INCREDIBLE and I am excited for your new strength training routine! Are you doing a lot of compound lifts this session?

olehcat UGHHH running injuries are the absolute worst. Do you have a history of lower back pain? Any herniated discs? I hope you'll feel better soon - don't f$@k around with lower back pain though!
  • CohesiveGen: Man, those are some awesome travels! Latin America sounds like such a lush and wonderful place. I know an American couple who built a ranch and farm in Costa Rica, and it is just the most beautiful and enviable thing I've ever seen. The girl will go out in the morning to do yoga and there'll be toucans hanging out on the branches near her balcony. I want that life.

mitsy: Depending on how many calories are in that protein drink, I think it's gonna be really hard to stick to such a diet! I mean, some people have better will-power and more controllable appetites than me, but...I like eating my meals, lol. Also, if I had to guess your weight based on pictures, I would estimate that you were only like 130 or something. You look good!

olehcat: If pushing out those miles is a struggle for you, then why stress yourself about getting into a race? I know it's a big motivator for some people, and like Turbo said earlier, gives the length of running workouts a purpose, but maybe you should consider just working on yourself and not worrying about the race. Especially if you're having back pain, which, if it persists, you should get checked out! Just take care of yourself, and if you're not ready to race, then don't push yourself into it.

Turbo: I felt sad reading about your boyfriend's dad. I've had a couple family members go through episodes like that, and the delicate stress of handling them really washes you out.

Alexistrophic: Ughh what I wouldn't do for some Lebanese or other Middle Eastern food here. The only thing generally available in the region that even comes close is Uighyr food, which is more central Asian Muslim -- basically barbecued lamb, flatbread, noodles. The international food scene outside big Chinese cities is very limited. I'll be so excited to come back and pack myself with falafel and tabouleh and shwarma.

krampus: Your talk of lovely spring afternoons makes me so homesick! We're *still* getting pop-up snow storms here, and I am just about at my freaking wit's end! Also, I'm surprised to hear that Japan still allows smoking on trains. I actually smoked for maybe 7 years, but one day about 3 months ago I realized how much I hated smoking and how sick of it I was and simply quit. I know I'm in no danger of going back now, because I'm totally put off by the smell of it now.
    ---------------
    Showing signs of good progress! Waist is at about 26.5" and my weight, last time I checked a couple days ago, was 56.4. I feel thinner, too.

Not much to add for now, because I've got to get into my notes from the Daqing trip, and need to do a lot of writing today. Plus, I'm long overdue for a serious run. I really need to put in at least 10 miles -- 12+ would be best, however. I'd been doing about 36-40 miles per week for the past month, but last week, what with my trip, I only did 19.7. Blah! The roads here are so mucky and full of crap. When is summer coming?!!
  • Hello, girls!

Day two went well! I had my shake at lunch again (seems to be becoming the routine! I prefer to have a more fun meal for dinner), and for exercise I did a little bit of walking while watching TV plus a 30 minute yoga DVD which I bought another day. I just finished dinner, which was tuna salad plus of course lots of vegetables. Probably it's not true, but I am feeling more fit already, even after only two days! lol

Xiaobaicai, actually the protein drink is not too low cal, I think. In fact, I was concerned about it being not enough, as well, so I am making a large shake and using almond milk and nut butter. Actually it is very delicious and I am happy to have it for lunch! Thank you for your compliment. Your life sounds so interesting, because you are in China now! That is very cool. Good job for your progress!

Krampus, hi! "Abs are made in the kitchen" - I had not heard that, but it is good to remember. To be honest, I really love to do ab exercises a lot, so I wish that would do the trick though. lol. Binge days are scary...I used to have the binges, and I think it is because I tried to diet and not eat enough food. So, I try to be very careful about that now!

TurboMammoth, I am glad you are happy with your weight! Eating crepes sounds very delicious!

Alexistrophic, thank you for encouraging me! You are a fast runner! I hope your computer will be fixed.

CohesiveGen, climbing 150 floors in stairs is amazing!! I cannot imagine it! Good luck with your exams. You are in law school? That is neat!

Kakers, a cruise sounds so so fun! Where are the places you are stopping? I went on a cruise in the Caribbean sea once, it was great!