Congrats 100lb Club

• According to this article most Americans don't know if they are gaining or losing weight.

Even if March wasn't what you'd hoped it would be you're still here. Still tracking your weight or inches. Still trying to find a way to become healthier.

So if you lost weight in March congratulations, keep it up!!

If you didn't lose weight congratulations you're still here fighting!

In either case you're ahead of many people.
  • Interesting article especially the unintentional weight gain with the specific groups!!

Love your post! Very true! :highfive: Now only if this had a like and share feature like FB, lol.
  • Thank you!
  • that was really helpful to read today. I'm not on plan right now, but I'm not considering myself off track either. I still weighed in today (even though I'm not changing my ticker) and I'm still reading here, even if I'm not as actively posting right now. I know that I have to get back to actively being on plan, but I'm giving myself a break right now until I feel physically better from a bad cold/cough.

And this is a big difference from before, when I would have just said eff it, if I'm not on-plan, then I am OFF plan, way off. Right now, I've just pressed the pause button and as soon as I feel well enough to do all my shopping and prep and cooking, I will be back 100%.
  • When I first got weighed after declining over and over at my doctor's office, I swear I almost threw up when I saw 328 on the scale (and I don't think this was my highest).

If the doctor had asked me prior to weighing, I might have said 250 or 260, lowballing due to embarrassment but never ever thinking I was over 300.

Not sure if I was just used to my weight and my limited mobility (walking, climbing stairs, etc.) or just didn't want to acknowledge how out of control I really was.

I'm down 122lbs and hopefully a few more tomorrow at my weigh-in but seriously, as much as I feel better and hopefully look better, I'm still ME. And I can't compare my weight to others when I see them as I have no scope to measure what someone weighs whether it's high or low.

In my head I looked like a Barbie doll but in reality I was an oompa-loompa.
  • Great find Rodeogirl March definitely went in like a lion for me and out like a lamb. Here's hoping April will be better!

Onwards and downwards!
  • April keep posting a little even when you don't quite feel like it - don't drift away!

Also, this is totally my opinion, but I did the same thing in 2009 - took a break and didn't update my ticker and gained back most of what I'd lost and stayed away for 4 years out of embarrassment. Looking back, for me, not updating my ticker kept me in denial.

So my thought is update your ticker, and remember we will NOT judge you because most of us have been there. I really believe the truth will set you free and urge you not to be afraid of it.

Your starting weight is pretty close to my goal weight for my first milestone (250) so remember there are many of us just hoping to someday get to where you already are!
    You've worked hard, I bet, and anything that can slow down a regain you'll be grateful for later. Don't make the same mistake I did.

If you really don't want to update the ticker, that's ok - you have to do what's best for you. But we're still here all struggling along too, so don't be a stranger!
  • Interesting article, Thanks for posting!
  • Thank you for posting - this was really uplifting for me, as I've been struggling a bit mentally/emotionally for the past few days!
  • This is really uplifting. I didn't read the article yet but I've been struggling these last few weeks. I don't want to back slide. I won't allow myself. If it means maintaining 234 for a while, that's what I will do.