looser clothes!! :D

• today i decided to wear my very sexy purple size 17 skinny jeans,
    i figured since they were skintight when i bought them, they'd be comfortably
    fit now... but they're actually LOOSE in the thighs and butt area!
    i'm sad that there are no belt loops, because they keep sliding down now,
    but then again i no longer own any belts that fit...

do you have any loose clothing yet?
    this is my first size reduction since i started dieting :3
  • I'm wearing jeans that I took in at the waist. I put two darts in the back, pulling them in about 2" on each side. I took in 3 pairs this way, and am going to take in one more this weekend. When I lose more, I'll need new jeans but these are still comfortable (although loose in thighs and butt) now that they aren't falling off.
  • Quote: I'm wearing jeans that I took in at the waist. I put two darts in the back, pulling them in about 2" on each side. I took in 3 pairs this way, and am going to take in one more this weekend. When I lose more, I'll need new jeans but these are still comfortable (although loose in thighs and butt) now that they aren't falling off.
    i don't know how to sew... but my grandmother does. i'm asking her to put a string through the waist so i can manually tie it as it gets looser... we can't remove fabric to make it smaller, it would mess up the design of the jeans, it wouldn't look right anymore.
  • Yesterday was the first time my jeans felt loose and today my slacks I wore to a bride meeting were very loose in the waist. It is a great feeling and I hope to keep it up.

Good luck everyone on your goals.
  • My 44" waist pants don't fit any more nor do the 19 inch collar shirts.

I can fit into a 38" waist pair of pants now and an 18 inch shirt.

I keep catching myself out though. Tried on a pair of 36" pants today. Nope.

Even tried a pair of 38" slim fit pants. Definite nope.

And the 16-1/2" and 17" collar shirts were ahem.

So there is still a long way to go! Sigh.
  • Congrats!
  • Alyssa, ask your grandmother about darts--if she sews, she'll know what I mean. Darts are taken in as a 'triangle' with the widest part at the waist and the narrow point into the butt area. It is likely to lay more smoothly than a jury rigged belt would. From the outside it looks intentional, and then the extra fabric is at the waist.

I did a quick google search and this site has some pictures of what it looks like from the inside: http://cottonandcurls.blogspot.com/2...nts-or-in.html

I took in 2" for each dart on these jeans--it really made a difference. It took me about 10 minutes to do the first pair, but then only about 5 each to do the second two pairs. The 4th pair will be easy, too--the sewing machine is still set up.
  • Quote: Alyssa, ask your grandmother about darts--if she sews, she'll know what I mean. Darts are taken in as a 'triangle' with the widest part at the waist and the narrow point into the butt area. It is likely to lay more smoothly than a jury rigged belt would. From the outside it looks intentional, and then the extra fabric is at the waist.

I did a quick google search and this site has some pictures of what it looks like from the inside: http://cottonandcurls.blogspot.com/2...nts-or-in.html

I took in 2" for each dart on these jeans--it really made a difference. It took me about 10 minutes to do the first pair, but then only about 5 each to do the second two pairs. The 4th pair will be easy, too--the sewing machine is still set up.
    i will ask her
  • Quote: Alyssa, ask your grandmother about darts--if she sews, she'll know what I mean. Darts are taken in as a 'triangle' with the widest part at the waist and the narrow point into the butt area. It is likely to lay more smoothly than a jury rigged belt would. From the outside it looks intentional, and then the extra fabric is at the waist.

she's going to do the darts :3

unfortunately she can;t simply take it in at the seams, because the jeans are designed darker at the seams, so taking it in like we would with any other pants wouldn't look right.
  • Congrats!
  • thanks guys ^^
  • Isn't it a great feeling?
  • Congrats! Wearing clothes that fits loose makes you notice that the pounds and inches are being sheded
  • Good for you!
  • thanks everyone <333 i love this site it's so supportive <3