Quick Weight Loss Center's Diet (#2)

You're on Page 12 of 22
Go to
  • Quote: I'm beginning to think that there is some "magic" diet out there that QWLC and several others are based on. there are so many similarities between IP and QWLC and some of the other similar variants I've heard of (including something that my company staff health lady is preaching) and they all seem to work based on similar principles. The primary difference seems to be the products that they sell to "enhance" the diet.

a bunch of people at work are doing this plan that the staff lady gave them that when I compare the food list and the frequency, it is very similar but NO supplements or products, all food. and my friend has lost about 40 pounds in 9 weeks and he hasn't even been 100%. and others are seeing similar results.

I can't imagine that a protein supplement containing good protein and garbage is going to be better than a real food quality protein. perhaps the carb blockers and gold plus and quickboost can help as well.

the basics of the plan are 5 meals a day, first 3 are protein, carb, veggies. last 2 are protein, fat, veggies. plus 10k steps per day (walking, not running or anything). i know QWLC doesn't push the exercise but they also say it helps (though they don't push strength training because it affects the scale)

of course the foods listed above have to be all approved foods and the list is eerily similar at least for the protein and carbs (they do allow beans). The veggies are pretty much unlimited (but i don't think corn or peas but even if not I would avoid those)

I wish I would have known that this was the plan she was pushing because the group that is doing it stands to win $1000 but I didn't sign up because I thought she would require the funky circuit exercise in the lobby 3 times a week that she hosts and other funky stuff that i won't feel comfortable doing let alone have time for.

I'd really be interested in finding out if there is a plan or science that is the base of all of these programs and read up on it. Regardless, I'm thinking that a merge of QWLC and my work plan may be in order. I have too many starch replacements and puddings left that i can use for emergency meals and the rest i can focus on the real foods which is really what i was looking for (e.g. replacing the supplements with products that don't have crap in them). and i can use the quickboost and other stuff too and see how it goes.
    Do you have any idea of how many calories your friends are taking in on this program?

How much overweight was your friend who quickly lost 40 lbs? If he/she was a great deal over that might have had some bearing.
  • he actually was a little less than I was when I did QWLC the first time and saw about the same weight loss over similar period. He was actually a little faster but I think the 10k steps per day might have helped with that.

I spoke to the person who created the program and she claims that she wrote it herself but she wasn't too forthcoming with any info.

I guess my thinking on this is that while I definitely believe in the QWLC plan, it is probably quite likely that the *required* protein supplements may be 100% about generating ongoing revenue and not really required to be successful. Since others here in this thread are seeing success using other protein supplements that would seem to support that theory.

that said, i kind of like the protein supplement as a treat and a break from meat based protein in 2 "meals" per day so i'll probably stick to the official plan but use the work plan as a guideline for areas that i may not have to be 100% on (like maybe a slice of ezekiel bread would be ok for the starch instead of 2 melba toasts or slice of diet bread...ezekiel bread wasn't approved for us at the time anyway but it has a much lower glycemic load than even the diet bread i suspect and is more filling). i was heavily dependent on starch replacements because the approved starches were rather lame and unappealing.

all that said i have had a lot of failures over the past couple of weeks trying to get back onto any plan as life keeps interrupting with too high of a frequency. I was rather successful when i last did the program (even losing weight on a driving vacation). i recall that it takes a couple of weeks to get into the right mindset to be able to properly handle life events (probably after you've seen some weight loss, you don't want to backtrack) plus the occasional careful splurge seems to help not hitting a plateau.

so now heading into father's day weekend and son's birthday party i guess i just make reasonable choices and try again on monday.
  • ok, started on the plan on monday (skipping the 3 day prep phase because it just wasn't agreeing with my system, instead opting for the water flush).

lost 5 pounds on day one. (wasn't particularly careful on sodium but obviously lower)

lost 4 pounds on day two but was having some gastro issues that probably had me a little dehydrated and i didn't do well after 5pm (e.g. i didn't have my 2 protein supplements and dinner was not an approved protein though it wasn't horrible, nor did i have all of my water allotment for the day

because of said issues, wasn't feeling 100% this morning so running late i grabbed a bad breakfast. (still took my Gold and carb blocker). i will just have to consider that my fat and carb allotment for the day and focus on good protein and veggies the rest of the day.

Don't know if the gastro issues were related to any of the supplements or food choices but i guess if that level of weightloss were maintained i would put up with some gastro issues long term...
  • ok, so was just discussing the QWLC claim that caramel color inhibits weight loss. did some searching and while there are lots of potential health issues with caramel color and with diet soft drinks in general, i don't see any reference to weight loss outside of the context of QWLC. So then I start thinking...that Dulce de Leche pudding that they sell certainly has a caramel color to it....sure enough, looking at the ingredients...CARAMEL COLOR.

has anyone seen any real correlation with this or gotten a good explanation as to why no caramel color in soft drinks especially since they have it in their supplements?
  • Hi everyone! I'm brand new here. There's lots of interesting information on this thread and the previous thread. I've loved reading about the success several have had following the QWLC program, both in the center and on their own. I have been going back and forth in my head about joining the center since I went to one of their initial consultations last year, but I'm so skeptical of their high pressure sales tactics, and the price... oh my! I'm not convinced their supplements are necessary either, and it's really nice to see people have had much success without them.
    I've been searching looking for an acceptable foods list with allowed amounts, and recipes. If anyone has either and would be willing to share, I would greatly appreciate it. My email address is karriebug71 at gmail dot com.

I have been working out regularly, and I know my diet is where I need to clean up my act. I can't out-train a bad diet. :/ I guess realizing that is my first step. I just need to formulate my plan and get to work!!
  • Quote: I'm beginning to think that there is some "magic" diet out there that QWLC and several others are based on. there are so many similarities between IP and QWLC and some of the other similar variants I've heard of (including something that my company staff health lady is preaching) and they all seem to work based on similar principles. The primary difference seems to be the products that they sell to "enhance" the diet.

a bunch of people at work are doing this plan that the staff lady gave them that when I compare the food list and the frequency, it is very similar but NO supplements or products, all food. and my friend has lost about 40 pounds in 9 weeks and he hasn't even been 100%. and others are seeing similar results.

I can't imagine that a protein supplement containing good protein and garbage is going to be better than a real food quality protein. perhaps the carb blockers and gold plus and quickboost can help as well.

the basics of the plan are 5 meals a day, first 3 are protein, carb, veggies. last 2 are protein, fat, veggies. plus 10k steps per day (walking, not running or anything). i know QWLC doesn't push the exercise but they also say it helps (though they don't push strength training because it affects the scale)

of course the foods listed above have to be all approved foods and the list is eerily similar at least for the protein and carbs (they do allow beans). The veggies are pretty much unlimited (but i don't think corn or peas but even if not I would avoid those)

I wish I would have known that this was the plan she was pushing because the group that is doing it stands to win $1000 but I didn't sign up because I thought she would require the funky circuit exercise in the lobby 3 times a week that she hosts and other funky stuff that i won't feel comfortable doing let alone have time for.

I'd really be interested in finding out if there is a plan or science that is the base of all of these programs and read up on it. Regardless, I'm thinking that a merge of QWLC and my work plan may be in order. I have too many starch replacements and puddings left that i can use for emergency meals and the rest i can focus on the real foods which is really what i was looking for (e.g. replacing the supplements with products that don't have crap in them). and i can use the quickboost and other stuff too and see how it goes.
    I don't think there is any "magic" to it. Quite the opposite. I think plans like QWLC (which is the same / similar to many other plans) just take the guess work out of a lot of steps in dieting that will help you lose weight. You don't have to worry about counting calories, because the plan already does that for you by (1) limiting your servings of certain foods and (2) limiting the weight of those portions. Also, if you are following the plan you are not going to be eating junk food or (bad) fast food.

I lost the first ... I'd say 60... pounds of my weight following the QWLC plan. I have friends who had success on it and I asked them for a copy of the plan, which they gave me. At first I used alternative supplements such as protein bars and shakes for snacks. (I never used any other supplements, such as hoodia, carb blockers, quickboost, etc.) I try to remember to take vitamins, but I usually forget!

But then I decided to go on my own path. I started doing a diet that cut down more on grains and starches. I now get almost all my carbs from veggies. I hardly ever eat any wheat, and if I do, its a whole grain, low carb product. I do not eat any pasta, rice or potatoes. I do not eat any proteins bars anymore. However, out of convenience, I do still drink one protein shake a day for breakfast. Everything else I consume is food I buy in the store or at a restaurant.

So, the bottom line is that there is no "magic" to it. There is no "magical" plan that is one size fits all. There are several different ways of losing weight through change in diet. QWLC's plan is one (and you are right in that it is similar to many others). But the key is finding what works for YOU. Some people do well with Weight Watchers, but that would never work for me because I'm too lazy to count the points! But I found what works for me. So to me, that is the "magic" plan.
  • Joe, is your protein shake whey or casein?
  • I am too lazy to mix them up myself, so I buy the pre-made shakes. I mostly drink the Atkins shakes because I really like the Cafe Mocha flavor. But I also sometimes drink the Pure Protein brand (which I believe is whey). I'm not sure about the Atkins brand.
  • Thanks Joe. I've been using the Beverly International protein powder and mixing them in one of those small magic bullet type blenders with ice. Every now and then I throw in some cold coffee before I blend it. OMG, it's so good.
    I've noticed I stay satisfied much longer with a casein protein powder.
  • Quote: Thanks Joe. I've been using the Beverly International protein powder and mixing them in one of those small magic bullet type blenders with ice. Every now and then I throw in some cold coffee before I blend it. OMG, it's so good.
    I've noticed I stay satisfied much longer with a casein protein powder.
    I didn't even know what cassien protein was until you posted about it! I had to look it up! I guess that happens when you buy pre-made products and don't pay close attention to what is in it!

I started off trying to use the powder. I bought the Pure Protein chocolate whey powder. I even tried mixing in coffee to add flavor. I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I never managed to make it taste good. I liked the pre-made Pure Protein shakes --- and REALLY liked the pre-made Atkins Cafe Mocha shakes. So, I just decided to take the easy route and buy those.
  • ketosis????
    hi all!!
    my first post here!!!
    i just started this diet 3 days ago and I am already down 5 pounds. WOW. how happy I was to see that ... anyways.....
    Started doing a bit of resarch on this diet today and it seems much like the Dukan Diet. I'm a bit concerned however of the process of ketosis, in which your body starts using your body fat for fuel instead of carbs. I've read both good and bad.
    Seems like QWLC diet is using this approach.
    I am down 4 pounds in 3 days just from eliminating all sugar, fruit exc cantaloupe, and all carbs, ( I cheat and have a plain yukky rice cake once in a while) ....and this seems excessive to me.
    ? I still feel hungry too during the day, even soon after eating all that rotisserie chicken with skin. They told me I could eat that all day long. I also eat 2 eggs per day loaded with Olive oil. I hate raw veggies except for cucumber & cauliflower and I was told the raw veggies had to be green...SO... i'm not eating many raw green veggies. Mostly protein at this point.
    KETOSIS: good or bad??
    thank you !!!
    Lynnmarie
  • I just joined QWLC yesterday, starting my 3 day prep today. I was in sticker shock yesterday and am having buyers remorse today. I am excited and ready to loose the weight though. Weird emotions. I was wondering if anyone who has actually lost the weight has kept it off. I sure hope so. I know I am going to get the sales pressure when I go in on Thurs for my "class". So I want to be prepared. I know I will only get their "guarantee" if I follow the plan to the "t", which I assume will probably not happen.... with that said, I don't want to (and cannot) spend a fortune on their products every month (or week for that matter). I really just went in for a jump start to get me motivated. But with the money I spent to start, I want to benefit from it. What have you found is the best products to buy to help you to be successful, but yet spend the least? If anyone can help me with this, before I get the sales pitch on Thurs, that would be great. I am trying to do my research. Thanks in advanced for any words of wisdom.
  • HI all first time posting here I did this diet a while back but lost my copy would n e one plz send me one or give the jest of it I would really appreciate it..
  • Hey all-took a hiatus from posting thanks to my browser thinking this was a junk site - oye! Been a slow couple of months as I've not been 100% on plan, but still down since my last post - 54 lbs down, only 8 to go to my 1/2 way point - squee!!! Going on vacation in 2 weeks but I will be relatively active so hoping I'll be able to keep things moving south!

SO good to see the positive results everyone has been posting - congrats to you all! Also good to see so many new members!

Keep on keepin' on everyone!
  • Hello all. I used qwlc a few years back with good success. Lost about 55lbs then got really super sick and lost my ways. I'm wanting to start back on the meal plan and have kept a copy of one food plan but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to email me an updated one since its been sine 2008 for me. Also specifically the vegetarian food plan would be awesome.

I feel like a mooch for asking but hey, I did pay that massive amount of $$$ and was too sick to go in for weigh ins and such for a year after And now they won't let me start over. Email is meezerpad at gmail dot com.

I have enjoyed reading this site and plan to get involved. iWork nights as a nurse in the ER someday time weigh ins are kind of tough for me anyways!

Nice to meet y'all !!!