IP Daily Chat Friday 3/29/2013

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: I think one of the hardest things for me to get over is the feeling of inconveniencing someone else. We are traveling to my Sister in laws. She is wonderful about making sure I can eat but it makes me feel bad that she is worried about what I can eat.
    I relate to this completely. My strategy has been to offer to bring things to add to the table or bring ingredients to cook together at the person's house. For example, I recently brought roasted cauliflower, a big salad with homemade dressing, and slow-roasted salmon to a dinner. I brought enough for all to enjoy and felt like I was a normal participant at the meal (and helping), and then I just didn't eat the other stuff.

I do agree with other posters' comments--people are very happy to be supportive as long as they know what you can eat.
  • Quote: Try out different ways of cooking the veggies. I roast all of mine now and would eat 8 cups of veggies if it was allowed. I was never a big veggie eater before.

To roast the veggies cut them into equal size pieces, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast at 450 until browned. You can also use other spices like garlic powder, chili powder, etc. I love the simplicity of the sea salt. My favorite roasted veggies are cauliflower, zucchini and yellow squash.

In the stickies there is a link to the phases of IP thread and you can find the sheets for the other phases.
    Ketosis should get rid of the cravings.
    Thanks for the advice and the links. I found the phases in the IP stickies like you said.
  • Quote: If we were diabetic, this would not even be an issue. Obesity is a medical problem, except society doesn't perceive it that way. We did not chose to be at the point of being on a medically sound diet, this is by necessity. Tomorrow I host Easter dinner and I fully expect pressure and teasing, you all know exactly what I mean. I am ready for my steadfast answer and will not allow them to ruin this for me. If I have to, I will sneak away and come talk to you guys...
    That is very true!! I am thankful for a very supportive family!!
  • Quote: I relate to this completely. My strategy has been to offer to bring things to add to the table or bring ingredients to cook together at the person's house. For example, I recently brought roasted cauliflower, a big salad with homemade dressing, and slow-roasted salmon to a dinner. I brought enough for all to enjoy and felt like I was a normal participant at the meal (and helping), and then I just didn't eat the other stuff.

I do agree with other posters' comments--people are very happy to be supportive as long as they know what you can eat.

I am planning on bringing your Turnip and Leek Kugel It looks yummy!!
  • So a NSV for me. Last night went out with a few friends and I easily found some lettuce wraps that looked totally allowable and OP. The one girl who joined us late and I haven't seen since last Easter went crazy when half way through our meal I had to stand up to let someone leave the table. It was really kinda nice to hear someone gush about 'look how tiny you are now, your such a hottie!" I have a ways to go still but I didn't say that, I just blushed and said thank you. Was a very good feeling.

I have stuff, okay chocolate for the two young people that will be here for Easter, it hasn't tempted me at all and planning on a ham and lots of roasted veggies for Easter dinner since it will be just the three of us.

Since I am thinking about tempting things, I haven't been tempted to have anything and the only things I seem to miss is cheese and wine. I only had those occasionally before anyways. So has anyone tried the Unjury cheese? and would it be allowed on IP? I have just seen ads for it and never followed the links to find out.

Also guess I will just place my Nashua order with no discount code, even though I am sure I have seen many here but can't find them when trying to search both ways.
  • Quote:

Also guess I will just place my Nashua order with no discount code, even though I am sure I have seen many here but can't find them when trying to search both ways.
    Have you tried a google or yahoo search for a promo code. That's what I do anytime I place an online order. Just type in "nashua nutrition promo code" and you will definitely find something. I think there's one for 5% off going right now.
  • Quote: Have you tried a google or yahoo search for a promo code. That's what I do anytime I place an online order. Just type in "nashua nutrition promo code" and you will definitely find something. I think there's one for 5% off going right now.
    I actually did search the web too, all the 5% and 10% codes I found (about a dozen of them), I got messages that they are not valid when I tried to use them in the order form.
  • Quote: I actually did search the web too, all the 5% and 10% codes I found (about a dozen of them), I got messages that they are not valid when I tried to use them in the order form.
    This is not a % off code, but someone just posed the following on the Quest Bar thread:

Nashuanutrition.com coupons code for free shipping on orders over $49 until Easter! Coupon code EASTER10
  • Grrrr....only -1.2 pounds this week. Think it was the Big C! Better today though. This was my 8th weigh in, right at two months. Least amount lost so for at a weigh in. On the bright side, I am "shopping" my garage for clothes to wear. Found 3 pairs of pants that now fit and bagged up some loose items for charity.

The past couple of weeks I have started to split up my nighttime protein - adding a couple of egg whites at breakfast or something at lunch. Has anyone seen this negatively affect weight loss?
  • Quote: I actually did search the web too, all the 5% and 10% codes I found (about a dozen of them), I got messages that they are not valid when I tried to use them in the order form.
    Bummer! Sorry! The Easter one hopefully will work for you.
  • Quote: Grrrr....only -1.2 pounds this week. Think it was the Big C! Better today though. This was my 8th weigh in, right at two months. Least amount lost so for at a weigh in. On the bright side, I am "shopping" my garage for clothes to wear. Found 3 pairs of pants that now fit and bagged up some loose items for charity.

The past couple of weeks I have started to split up my nighttime protein - adding a couple of egg whites at breakfast or something at lunch. Has anyone seen this negatively affect weight loss?
    Breathe...-1.2lbs is a victory! I had a 0 loss last week and guess what? -5lbs this week! Chalk it up to C, TOM or whatever! We are winning!!! (plus, I'm sure I'll need a pep talk one day too, lol).
  • Quote: Breathe...-1.2lbs is a victory! I had a 0 loss last week and guess what? -5lbs this week! Chalk it up to C, TOM or whatever! We are winning!!! (plus, I'm sure I'll need a pep talk one day too, lol).
    Congrats on the -5!

Yeah...I know...still hard to be happy about it. Deep breath - I am in this 100% for a while. I may cause physical harm to anyone who comes near me with a Peep this weekend! Been putting off making up the grandkids baskets as I didn't want any temptation around.

Happy almost Easter everyone...stay strong!
  • Quote: I didn't even see that! I guess I must have lurked for 2 days before joining, lol! So grateful that I did, I love you guys! I have decided to try some altrernatives for $ reasons. Reading over these threads have given me that confidence. Hoping to find Quest Naturals at my health food store,or Cosco. I'm in Canada, so I think the shipping costs might not make it worth it.
    This is going to work right?? LOL!!!
    I buy the quest bars from Amazon. GNC and vitamin shoppe also sell them.

I've been on alternatives since August, and they definitely work.
  • Quote: I am planning on bringing your Turnip and Leek Kugel It looks yummy!!
    Yay! It was so so good. Let me know how it turns out!
  • Could I your opinion about the new Crystal light liquid? My coach says that it is fine but am a bit nervous about the carbs or effect. I did buy some and like it but was wondering if it has affected anyone's weight loss.

thans