Starting the Fat Smash diet...Anyone want to join me??

• I am going to be starting the original FS diet again next month. I have had excellent success with it in the past. I have gained weight back that I had lost on FS...so, I am ready to lose it again. I know that Dr. Ian Smith has the Shred diet and the extreme fat smash diet as well as others....but, I feel like for me that the fat smash diet works well. I hope that there are others who will join me!

Sherry
  • What is the fat smash diet?? what does it involve?
  • The Fat Smash Diet is by Dr. Ian Smith. You can Google it and get more details. But, I will just give you the highlights. There are 4 phases. Each phase has a food list of acceptable foods. Phase one lasts 9 days. It is the Detox phase. I lost the most weight on this phase. You can eat all of the fruits and veggies you want on all phases. Here is a link to the Fat Smash Forum that used to be on here....http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet-211/

You can also access the recipe thread from there. It recommend this diet. The first 9 days are the most challenging...but, if you get creative and keep things from being boring, it can be done easily.

Sherry
  • Hi Sherry, I'm Jewwell. I agree, Dr. Ian's original FS is more suitable For me as well. Actually, I believe I read that those if us with a substantial amount of weight to lose should opt for the original FS. I am currently 259 and am going to hit goal at 180-190. Today is day 1 detox for me. How are you doing so far? How successful have you been in the past?
  • Hi Jewwell,

Good luck on your detox. I haven't started yet. I have decided to wait until the 21st. I will be able to focus on detox then. I lost 30 lbs on FS in the past. I am leader of the Fat Smash diet board on Sparkpeople. You can come check it out if you want to.
  • Here is the link for Sparkpeople.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/g....asp?gid=10806
  • i started yesterday!
    i really love this diet and have no problem at all with the food. i make a vat of hummus and eat all different kinds of veggies and greens dipped in the hummus. i also eat spinach salads with a homemade vinaigrette. this way, i can control the amount of oil that goes into it.
    i have 20-30 lbs to lose.
    good luck!!!
  • Quote: I am going to be starting the original FS diet again next month. I have had excellent success with it in the past. I have gained weight back that I had lost on FS...so, I am ready to lose it again. I know that Dr. Ian Smith has the Shred diet and the extreme fat smash diet as well as others....but, I feel like for me that the fat smash diet works well. I hope that there are others who will join me!

Sherry
    I agree with you Sherry - the original FS diet seems to work the best for me. I do have Dr. Ian's other books and have tried them with little success so I am going back to the one that I know works for me. Years ago I lost about 30 pounds on the original FS and over the years some has crept back on so it is time to smash it again.

Good luck to all - I will be starting my detox on Monday Apr 8th.
  • good luck, 4cats!

i have lost 3 lbs so far, even cheating on saturday night. but i couldn't help it. we were at a wedding and they served lobster and filet. SO good!

i am almost finished with my first vat of hummus. i will be making a new round tomorrow. i think i am going to soak dried chickpeas this time instead of buying the canned. i read that they have a lower glycemic index. since i have pcos, i thought that would be a good thing.

i was researching over the weekend and ran across a diet that is based on your blood type. i have a pos so it says that i should do well on a vegetable based diet. ironic that this diet is the one that i lose the most on!

anyways, good luck to everyone!
  • I'm starting my detox this Thursday, the 15th. Trying to come up with an easy meal plane for the next 9 days. Any ideas?
  • I'm starting the Extreme Fat Smash this week. I am doing a couple days of just normal "good eating" before I start Day 1 of EFS.

GWatkins, how are you doing?
  • Hello,
    I would like to do this but am not sure about the EFS versus the regular FS. Have read a little, but would like a typical day's menu.
  • I'm ready to start the Fat Smash again. I felt good on the plan.
  • I'm down 8 pounds! I love this diet!