Alternative Product for IP Novi-Lax

• Hello,

Has anyone found an alternative product for the Ideal Protein Novi-Lax? I've been searching but haven't found anything yet. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Sam
  • The novi lax is just prunes, aloe and psyllium. You can wash down a dose of psyllium husk from your local health food store with a half a glass of prune juice and get the same effect.
  • I second psyllium husk! I bought some capsules from Walmart for cheap. Just take a few at night with a full glass of water.
  • Thanks for the replies ladies! Can I have prune juice OP? I know we can't have fruit... so I didn't know and didn't want to "cheat!" I'm on my 3rd week officially and haven't cheated, which makes me incredibly pround, since that has NEVER happened before EVER.
  • No prune juice, it is full of cabrs/sugar. Just stick with the psyllium husk. This is what I have:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/23267073
  • I had constipation issues before IP, and I always took Equate (sp? Walmart brand) stool softeners (they're red and white pills). When I started IP, that's the only thing I didn't change, I take 2 at breakfast and 1 at dinner. I have been regular on IP, and I have averaged a 3.5 loss each week.
  • Oops you're right about the prune juice! (forgot to switch from maintenance brain to Phase 1 brain for a minute there!). But Psyllium husk and plenty of water should help all on its own.

Stool softeners like the Equate brand mentioned, or Miralax are also helpful. I've had constipation issues for years due to hypothyroidism, so I have a Miralax regimen that I go through about once a month.

If those don't get things moving, you can try a senna based bowel stimulant like Smooth Move tea - it works VERY well
  • Thanks everyone for your responses! I appreciate it
  • I take Miralax every day and I don't have any more problems
  • Has anyone tried a bidet? Out of the blue, my wife decided to get a bidet seat installed this year. It took some getting used to but it has a feature that assists with this scenario (vortex feature on the BioBidet model, others may have similar).
  • Smooth Move Tea is the answer for me. The longer you let it "Steep" the stronger it gets. Don't do what I did - I thought it wasn't working after an hour so I had another cup. I spent a good portion of the night resting on the porcelain throne
  • I just found out that it was discontinued. Boooooo Ideal Protein!!! I ordered Prunelax Ciruelax from Amazon. It has similar ingredients. 150 tabs for $15, it's worth a try.
  • I have the same 'issues'...I take Culturelle Probiotics- 1 capsule every morning, and if things get bad, I take 2 a day... it keeps the digestive tract moving, and restores all the good bacteria.
  • Smooth Move Tea works wonders for me! and it's actually nice to drink too. I love the "outcome".
  • I got some Smooth Move, but I was afraid to take it. My clinic recommends CALM.