Should I switch?

• Has anyone transitioned successfully from Ideal Protein to Atkins? I'm thinking of doing it and need some advice.
  • I haven't done IP specifically, but I've done 2 other programs that were very similar...but they weren't for me because I didn't like the pre-packaged "foods"... IP is just a version of a PSMF... And those can be done on your own, like with "The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook" or like all the people who do "IP" on their own with "alternatives"...

Atkins is low carb and higher fat with moderate amounts of protein... And I think that's where people get into trouble with Atkins... by eating too much protein... or by not reading one of Dr. Atkins books and following the plan as laid out by him... And they think they're doing "Atkins" when they really are eating too much of certain things... Because it's definitely possible to eat too much meat while doing "Atkins" and not lose weight or even gain weight. Our bodies can make glucose via gluconeogenesis from non-carbohydrate sources...

As far as transitioning it really shouldn't be much of an issue... Since they are both ketogenic diets... Although if you decide to start at "Induction" on Atkins, if you're already been in ketosis than you most likely wouldn't see the water weight losses that are common for most people in the first week of Atkins on induction... So you could just move on to OWL (ongoing weight loss) phase fairly quickly if you wanted...
  • Thank you. I will read about OWL and see how I do!