So what's your favorite workout music?!?!?!?!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello all! I was in the gym this morning and I just realized that the music I listen to always effect the type of workout I do. I was just curious to know what are you all's favorite workout music. Sometimes I have to restrain myself because I know I will look silly bouncing around on the elliptical lol.

This morning I found my Janet Jackson Design of a Decade 1986-1996 album and I had a blast at the gym lol.
  • I catch my self dancing sometimes too. Some of my favorite workout songs at the moment (its a very random list - eighties heavy right now - ) :

carly Ray Jepson - Call Me Maybe
    Janet Jackson - If
    Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
    Human League - Don't you want me
    Paul Simon - call me al
    Katy Perry Hits
  • I have wide variety of music. My super work out song is Mr. Brightside by The Killers, or Let It Rock by Kevin Rudolph. I love putting old albums I haven't listened to in forever on my ipod and listening to them all the way through - very fun
  • Haha, I know exactly what you are talking about. It's hard not to move to a good beat when you are working out. I'm happy I'm not at a gym on my elliptical LOL..... I think I'd end up on you tube. It would be very hard not move more while having some good tunes!

Anything with a good beat that makes me want to move. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've used Psy's Gangnum Style recently LOL (Okay, maybe a little???? ) But I have a pretty eclectic musical preference.... My playlist are always completely random, going from the Beatles to Korn at any given moment. Eh, keeps things interesting I guess.
  • Some of my faves.

Harder Better Faster Stronger - Daft Punk (NOT KANYE WEST)
    Billie Jean - MJ
    Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
    Do you Want To - Franz Ferdinand
    Dragula - Rob Zombie
    Faith - Limp Bizkit
    Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz
    Helena Beat - Foster the People
    Johnny Quest Thinks We Are Sell Outs - Less Than Jake
    Psychobilly Freakout - Reverend Horton Heat
    Renegades of Funk - Rage Against the Machine
    Sea Lion - Feist
    Steady as She goes - The Raconteurs
    Time Bomb - Rancid
    Heartbeat Slowing Down - The All American Rejects.
  • Hahahaha Now I get down on my treadmill at home! One time I almost fell because I was dancing while walking lol. I agree that Katy Perry hits are pretty good too and LMFAO sadly lol.
  • Kinda weird, but I really like listening to German Death Metal when I work out, it's very angry, but I don't understand it, so I can just pretend they're screaming about whatever I'm mad about. It really gets the adrenaline going lol.
  • I like death metal and really repetitive electronic music for lifting and dancehall/hip-hop/reggaeton for cardio.
  • I've been listing to a lot of Korean and Japanese pop music while I work out, actually. Mostly Kara, SNSD and Koda Kumi. Also Gangnam Style, of course. I've also got some Daft Punk, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Pussycat Dolls, LMFAO and Ke$ha (I know, I know. I'm properly ashamed).

Still, my favorite workout song is Abracadabra by Brown Eyed Girls. I can just put that on repeat and go for aaaages!
  • If anybody has the Pandora app on their phone "workout radio" is a really good one. There are a lot of remixes on that one, always upbeat, etc.

If you have the "8 tracks" app - you can pick what type of "mood" your in and it will set the music to that. I believe their is a setting for "gym mood" and I happen to like that too.
  • The Songza app also has some pretty decent workout mixes that I enjoy
  • If I'm running or doing any cardio I like electronica dance stuff, I try to download compilations of it so it's literally hours of it. I love Jaques Lu Cont remixes, Scream and Shout by Wil. I.am/Britney, Madonna's Confessions on a Dance Floor is awesome. For my "dark" days I love remixes of metal songs or Depeche Mode electronic remixes.

For lifting I like Lil' Wayne or Die Antwoord, even AC/DC or Metallica.
  • get me bodied - beyonce
    put that on repeat
    i swear i put it on repeat 5 times and 30 mins on the elliptical is over. i be damn near dancing. i love it
  • REGGAETON!!! Daddy Yankee especially haha
  • This is all great ladies!! I'm trying to build a massive pump-up pre-match rugby play list.

So far...

Low - Flo-rida - (I have to get into a really low, low, low squat for the scrum)
    Pump it - Black eyed peas
    Jump Around - House of Pain
    Try - Pink (...just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die, you gotta get up and try, try, try - perfect as the equivalent of a football touchdown in rugby is called a try)
    Gimme Back My Bullets - Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Lose Yourself - Eminem

Some of these songs aren't so conducive for workout though...but more about working up my aggression and determination. I've tried hunting online for pre-rugby playlists, but a lot of them are men's and metal. Metal, I'm sorry to say, gives me a headache. Literally. My heads start thronging and not in a good way.