Daily or Weekly Weigh-in?

• So I just wanted to know what's everyone prefernece.. a daily weigh-in or a weekly weigh-in.. and why?

Mine..
    while I use to be a weekly weigh-in because I know some days i'll be up in weight and some days i'll be down in weight.. so i always just wanted the weekly result.. i read some where it can be better for your weight loss because if you weigh in daily you might get discouraged..

HOWEVER...

I have decided the BEST for me is a daily weigh-in... because lets say I do go up half a pound.. I can look back on yesterday and think what did i do wrong.. most of the time its because I ate a lil to much extra.. or I didn't work out as hard.. so seeing the daily weigh-in helps push myself a little harder so I do not see those up days!!
  • I am kind of sporatic myself.... I will only weigh myself at work because I work in a hospital and know the scales are accurate. That being said, I work 3p-11p so I am the only weirdo who weighs theirself in the afternoon. lol

Some times I will weigh daily, then there will be times when I wait a few days between.. I usually don't last a whole week without weighing in.

I like to see the results, and even if the scale moves up it wouldn't put me in a funk. I just think- work harder, try and make better diet choices if I didnt the previous days.
  • Daily for me... often both morning and evening. I want to KNOW LOL
  • I weigh in daily, sometimes more than once a day, but I'm not depressed/bothered by normal fluctuations and I like to see the patterns in my weight loss.
  • I weigh in daily/several times a day, just because I think it's sort of interesting/fun to see how my weight fluctuates based on my exercise/food/water consumption. It doesn't discourage me to see numbers going up and down or make me feel bad or anything like that. I think that as long as I keep a healthy mentality about it, weighing myself frequently is just fine.

That said, I only "count" my Monday morning weigh-in as my official one, though.
  • Daily. Because as a man I get much less water weight. Phew. You won't believe how much easier that is on the psychology of weight loss. If I do twice daily I am about four pounds heavier in the evening due to clothing and drink. Naked in the morning with an empty bladder I am rather lighter and that's the one I pay attention to.
  • So far it seems like everyone is daily.. I want to hear some weekly weigh-ins.. like why do you like weekly weigh-ins.. have you ever tried daily?
  • Quote: I weigh in daily/several times a day, just because I think it's sort of interesting/fun to see how my weight fluctuates based on my exercise/food/water consumption. It doesn't discourage me to see numbers going up and down or make me feel bad or anything like that. I think that as long as I keep a healthy mentality about it, weighing myself frequently is just fine.

That said, I only "count" my Monday morning weigh-in as my official one, though.
    I do the exact thing.. i weigh in every day... but I count my wednesday morning weigh-ins on my spreadsheet I made.
  • I weigh in every Wednesday and Sunday. I was weighing myself everyday but then I noticed I was going insane if I went up half a pound. Every couple days works better for me since I have more time for my weight to go down, etc. I will however, weigh myself if I feel like I'm gaining weight or just feel "heavier". It helps me keep it in perspective.
  • Quote:
    I was weighing myself everyday but then I noticed I was going insane if I went up half a pound.
    Just found out what you mean! I jumped one pound on the scale today. Aargh. My stupid daily weigh ins!