Chicksel and Eggbert at the Movies

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • I am really not a big "chick flick" fan either. I do enjoy dramas involving women like American Beauty, Magnolia etc. I can't stand any Julia Roberts driven sappy romantic comedy crap or the totally predictable stuff like "Terms of Endearment" and Beaches".

On that note, I did however enjoy My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Chocolat, and Like Water for Chocolate. Maybe just because these films involved food???
  • um, I like "chick flicks"...
  • Chocolat is one of my faves. It has to be good, even my husband enjoyed it. Then again, anything with Jonny Depp (aside from the one with the books and satanism?) has to be good! He's just so... pretty.

Squeaker - don't worry about it. I'm sure nobody will tease you. Much.

Besides, I have a major thing for gay/lesbian films. "johns" is one of my alltime faves. So is "The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls In Love" and I just watched another one the other day. umm... better look it up on imdb.. "Better than Chocolate"
    It's my little secret. heh. Living life vicariously for those who are braver than I....

no wonder I eat too much. *LOL*
  • I generally don't like most of what is available in theatres today. But I must admit that I will watch the typical chick flick, if it's on tv... 10 years later.

Well that's not completely true, I've seen a lot of those movies but it's usually because someone else has rented them, or I'm in a particularily sappy mood and I don't want to be complicated by things like a plot or good dialogue.

I do have a secret movie love though, and that is the classic made for tv melodrama about the hot topic of the day, abuse, teen homocide, etc etc. Starring whoever was most popular on network television at the time (if you were lucky). I really miss those movies, they were such a guilty pleasure. Some nights when I can't sleep, I pray for a complete crap made for tv movie to come on because it's just so bad, it's alllllllll good.

My favorite movie to date has to be Requiem for a Dream. That movie just tears you apart and leaves you for dead on the side of the road. Fantastic!
  • Watched 2 movies this weekend.

Trapped - which wasn't bad. Not a great movie, but it was entertaining.

Secretary - I liked it a lot, but definately not for everyone.
  • I saw Runaway Bride only because I was on a flight to Vancouver and the stewardesses prevented me from jumping out of the airplane in order to escape Julia Roberts

My kind of chick flick is Breakfast at Tiffany's we all have our guilty pleasures I like most of Audrey Hepburn's films and I love Auntie Mame and Hello Dolly!

I also love old musicals like Singing in the Rain, Brigadoon, Holiday Inn etc. etc. and stuff like All About Eve with Betty Davis.
  • Mauvais, my daughter IS Audrey Hepburn. She watches her movies over and over.
    In particular "Charade".
    Cary Grant is a bit of a hoot.
  • Yeah, Charade is a good one. I want to live like crazy Auntie Mame! Except the part about the different husbands-I'll keep the one I've got
  • I saw a sneak preview of "The Italian Job". I am not a big fan of action movies, but this one was really cool. I liked it alot.
  • I would see it just for Edward Norton - he is such a great actor!
    Hmmmm....yeah and for Donald Sutherland too. I had a big crush on him when I was a kid - he has the most amazing voice-and he was in a Kate Bush video-how cool is that!
  • Mmmm... Donald Sutherland. I have a crush on him NOW! *LOL* Yeah, that's right... I got a sneak for older men. My favorites are older men who are tall, skinny, balding, and especially if they have a big nose.
    I know, that sounds bizzare doesnt it? Especially coming from a 22 y/o but it's true i swear! Give me Anthony Edwards any day!!! Mmmmm.

Although, a nice little Ed Norton isn't so bad either. And right now I have a big thing for Jake Gyllenhaal. I think it's cause hes a good actor though - although he is easy on the eyes too.

Okay, I'm done rambling now. I'm just really nervous about my job interview today. UGH!!!
  • That is okay Liziness- I have had a crush on Leonard Cohen since I was 15
  • Unfortunately, Donald isn't in it that much. Ed Norton is very cool. My favorite guy in the movie is Jason Statham. He was in Snatch & Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels.
  • OOH!!! I like Sutherland too!!!
  • Me too! I really liked him in Ordinary People.
    I also find Ed Asner very attractive.
    And Leonard Cohen... me too, Mauvais! He was a babe when he was young, and he still looks pretty good.