Weekly Chat (Simply filling/Core) March 16-31

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Sandra...It's good you are taking a look at it, planning & rethinking...
    Spring will be a great time to start a new eating direction..

My neighbor is flying to Tahoe tomorrow so she gave me her
    salad & chicken wings leftovers..Yum !!

I got a lot done today with sorting, trash hauled to dumpster,
    weeds sprayed, pool cleaned..whew..I am tired..

Son is coming home Monday..
  • Nancy, I see you are having a countdown to your son's visit. Love it!!

We went out for bfast this morning. I am heading over to WW site to journal. (This will be bfast as well as lunch.)
  • Good Afternoon Chicks!

Baking Lemon Squares....non-Core...non anything but delicious! Taking them to my Sister's for Easter.

Have a beautiful Easter if you celebrate.
  • Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Vickie. Sounds delicious! You have a wonderful Easter, too.

My bfast/lunch was 20 pts. I journaled it. That's a big step for me.
  • How is it possible to sort and purge for 2 years and not be done ???

But I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Today has been a mix of yard work & sorting .. I pulled together
    a huge box of paper,notebooks , folders & stuff to give a friend that home schools.
    When the boys were here we kept a well stocked office so they had school
    materials, but that time has passed..
  • Nancy---try three years, in my case

I've spent the day getting ready for the party tomorrow....friends with kids are coming---the family is scattered on this holiday.
  • Happy Easter to the best Chicks on the internet!
  • Happy Easter!!
  • Happy Easter, chicks!
  • Whoa---I had over 20 adults and 4 kids from 3-9 and one teenager. These are people who are not happy at our church right now, wanted to be together, but not there. So, we had our own gathering and Easter egg hunt for the kids.

The 3 year-old put sand from the sand box into the hot tub! When he was told NO he apologized quickly. I told him it would be OK because it really was time for me to change the water. He said "I know--I'll come back and help you change it."

We all had pancakes and bacon---I made a bunny cake for the kids and a FOUR layer cake for the adults---alternating layers of white and vanilla cakes, with lemon curd/buttercream icing between the layers, all iced with 7 minute icing. A masterpiece, I tell you!

Tomorrow morning we need new pages. I'll try to remember. I have to go see the other podiatrist tomorrow morning at 10 AM.
  • Rhonda ..that sounds fun.. I can see why a 3 year old would think the sand & water go together ..At the beach they go together !! Cute that he will come back to help..

I got lots done & some family time tonight..

Trying to decide what I can do now that will help when it comes time to move.

I think going thru the sheds & garage & attic and boxing & labeling as much as possible either for storage or "moving sale" would help ...

Stuck at 143..want to get to 140 and maintain for a while.