Weekly Chat (Simply filling/Core) March 16-31

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • I'm seeing the podiatrist tomorrow about this continuing foot pain.

Hundreds of people watch a lynching and the police do nothing....Africa. I really need to turn the TV off.
  • Doing good with my South Beach..No weight loss yet but I really just got started.

I can't give up Coffeemate in my coffee, but I just do one cup every morning..

I am going to grill some chicken tonight . I marinated it in Annie's Goddess Dressing and its so good !!! I don't know the carbs/calories but it is excellent
    dressing..
  • Rhonda...sorry about your foot pain..Mine still hurts if I overdo it or wear the wrong shoes..

I agree about the TV..Robin used to watch Fox News so much that I felt like
    the sky was falling everyday..
  • Rhonda, I am sorry about your foot pain but I'm excited you may go back into teaching.

Hard to imagine some of the things still happening on this planet. Sad....

Nancy, good success with SB. I'm restarting WW online (again!) today.

We gave up after lunch yesterday and planted the trees ourselves. They were small so it wasn't too difficult.

I am hungry. Guess I'll go have an orange even if it doesn't taste like chocolate.
  • Wow, the guy didn't show up to plant the trees?! awful...I've got someone coming Friday to mow the weed patch i call my back yard.

I had a 2- hour meeting today with members of the church today. It was productive.

Now, I'm drinking wine.

I don't know Annie's products. I just ate 1/2 of a not-good-for-me sandwich.

The sky is falling everyday...but, we don't have to watch its slow descent
  • I have gotten so much done today..

Sorting in the attic, files more organized,
    grilled the chicken, cleaned my car seats, cat to the vet..

Not sure why I am being so productive but I hope it continues..

My head hurts , always have a headache when I start low carb..

Tomorrow I am headed to Asheville to be with my son for his hernia surgery Friday morning.. I will have some time to explore tomorrow before meeting him for dinner..I keep seeing the commercial on TV about "Asheville calling"
    I had a friend that offered to go with me but it makes sense to go alone to be
    free for him on Friday. Planning to take a small cooler of food to make eating right easier..
  • Good Morning Chicks! It is positively FREEZING here. We have windchills and are struggling to get above 32 degrees. Spring has not sprung yet here on the south side of Chicago.

My eating is good but not completely stellar. I'm still searching for the perfect shoe for my plantar faciitis double heel spur situation. My podiatrist is remaking my orthotics because they hurt my hip. Rhonda, I literally feel your pain. Despite that, I'm walking slowly on the treadmill because I simply must try to do something.

No real eating plan for me right now. I'm trying to incorporate all that I've learned into my life. Small portions, moderate fat, carbs, protein, etc. I'm losing tiny amounts so I'm thankful that the gaining trend has ended.

Rhonda, I hope you get some relief. What is your pain?

Nancy, have a safe trip. I hope all goes well with your Son and that SBD works for you.

Sloan, I'm so proud of you! Congratulations on your presentation and your eating.

Sandra, GOOD GIRL! I'm glad you rejoined WW. I need to do so also but I'm waiting until I think it is the right time. I'm on the wrong side of totally committed at the moment. No sense in wasting money until I'm ready.

Have a great day, Chicks! At least we have sunshine here.
  • Rhonda, I'm glad your meeting with church members was productive.

Curtis has already been riding the mower over our weeds. Mama rabbit is still hanging in her territory, so we aren't doing much in the back beds. I planted some moonflower and morning glory seeds today after I finished weeding the front beds.

I am going with a gf to a Bunco Fundraising Party tonight hosted by Daughters of the King's Table. Should be fun. I am already dressed and ready to go.

Nancy, are you thinking of moving to Asheville? Is that why it's calling you?

Vickie, that's something that you're able to do the treadmill with all your foot problems. Good for you!

Sloan and Maryann.

I'm off here. Bunco awaits!
  • Quote:
    Nancy, are you thinking of moving to Asheville? Is that why it's calling you?
    No, I just was just getting ready to drive here for my son's surgery and saw the comercials and thought it was
    timely..Some day I would like to do travel therapy so I can work & travel..

I am in Asheville now & had a nice drive up today. Going to eat Sushi with my son & his girlfriend in about an hour..surgery is at 5 in the morning..
  • Just fell off the wagon, big time! I ate a potato that was as big as my head! It was topped with about 5 oz. of smoked pork and a tiny bit of sauce. I followed it with a small brownie (at least it was small). What just happened? On a happier note, my mom and I are going to meet my daughter in Hot Springs, Arkansas on Sunday! I haven't seen her since Christmas, and I miss her to pieces!! We will visit a bath house for pampering and just hang out together. I am very excited!!
  • ...mmm, potatoes! I just had 3 pieces of KFC tenders..tho heck with it

The podiatrist is sending me for a second opinion...the appointment is April 1st.

The pain is on the bottom of my right big toe, down the toe joint onto the sole of the foot, not quite to the arch...he says there are bones in the joint that act like knees on the leg, and there is something wrong there. The joint remains slightly swollen most of the time.

Vickie...good luck with the weather...we are expecting rain..
  • Rhonda, is this what your surgery was about? I hope you get answers and relief soon.

Sloan, you just had a small celebration. You're doing great. Remember the cheer. And have fun with your mom and daughter. Enjoy every minute!

Nancy, how is DS?

Curtis is in a lot of pain with one of his teeth. He has a dental appt Monday AM. I'll be at work. I've been hired to do tutoring for 5th Graders at my DIL's campus. I'm working 4 days next week then won't work any more with them till the end of April.

My food's good. This is 2 days in a row.
  • I changed my avatar to Brodie. I got tired of the pressure of the counting Chick!
  • My son's surgery went fine this morning and everyone is resting.
    He had a grumpy post op nurse that seemed to hate her job, but the rest of
    the staff were great.
    I am staying in Asheville tonight to be sure he is fine and then will drive back home tomorrow.

Sandra..hope Curtis gets help with the tooth Monday, how was Bunco ??
    Sloan..have a great visit !!
  • Nancy, I'm glad DS's surgery went well. Have a safe trip home tomorrow. Bunco was fun. They made a lot of money--and I won a $35 gift certificate to Patrick's Floral.

Vickie, I changed my signature so it wouldn't be staring at me. Brodie looks precious. Give him a hug for me.