The science of addictive food

• This is a good watch. It's only 11 mins.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/Shows...ID/2341079476/

"Health reporter Kelly Crowe takes us behind the science of making junk food so irresistible to us."

• Sneaky scientists and food manufacturers!
  • Very sneaky...and greedy!
    At the end of the day, it's all about money.
  • There was just an article in NYTimes recently that sounds similar... the author of that article has a book coming out about it... It should be interesting....
  • Aw, no closed captioning is available on that video so I don't know what they are saying. Is anyone willing to basically summarize the important points of the video? TIA.
  • Hi amandie... When I clicked on the link it didn't take me to the clip and when I did a search on the site I still couldn't get to the clip... So I wasn't able to actually watch it unfortunately... Have you read the NYTimes piece? It was pretty good and it sounds pretty similar... I can't link to it at the moment, but I think there is a link to it on 3FC in the "Weight Loss News..." section of the forums... The article was in the NYTimes Magazine section on 2/24/13...
  • David Kessler also has a book out on this (he was former head of FDA).
  • Thanks, Trip. I will look for it!
  • I read David Kessler's book a few weeks ago. You will not catch me dead in a chain restaurant now. It sure was an eye opener!