HELP Meal Ideas

• Does anyone have a weeks worth or more of your meals planned out? I am asking basically for your menu, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner for the MRC Diet? I have my MRC sheets still but... :?

I am going to try my 2nd round. I did it the first time and had lots of success, losing 44 lbs. Unfortunately, I've gained it all back! That was for personal reasons, but I think I'm ready to give it a go again. I got so SICK of eating the same thing over and over and over again. I ate the same thing due to the fact of I hate....HATE to cook and have NO creative mind when it comes to food. I gain weight because I eat one meal a day, something usually pretty healthy and the last nutritionist said that was exactly why I gain all this weight. Even if the food is healthy, it is stored straight to fat/starvation mode.

I was hoping that someone on here would be kind enough to share their examples of meals they eat so I could follow those and get some ideas. I mostly eat vegetarian but will take anything.

Thanks guys!
  • If you have your sheets, I don't understand why you would need weekly menus. I'm sure your center can help.
  • Definitely buy the cookbook! That helps a lot..and you can get from the center or on Ebay sometimes. There is also a recipe link at the top of the MRC page on here. Tons of recipes on there!
  • Quote: If you have your sheets, I don't understand why you would need weekly menus. I'm sure your center can help.
    I think she was asking for prep ideas. I ran into the same problem on my other with not knowing how to creatively fix different types of the same foods.

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
  • Well, there's a ton of ways to use the menu's creatively so you don't get bored, but they all involve cooking!

I don't get bored too easily, so often had the same few meals I rotated between. I haven't yet gotten sick of eating the same things because I remember to be thankful every day for the provisions I have. And I remember when I was eating unhealthily, that I never got tired of eating the same junk food all the time.

Definitely use the cookbook or check out the recipe thread - lots of great ideas. Find a few things you like and rotate them for a few weeks. Then find a few different things and try them for a few weeks. Keep it up and pretty soon you'll have a whole repertoire of healthy things you can fix without having to think about it too much. Good luck!
  • http://mrcrecipes.blogspot.com/

I discovered that I am a creature of habit so my breakfast and lunch tend to be similar each day. My dinner is usually something new to keep things fresh. I have a toddler so we do a lot of meal planning and one big cooking day. That helps me plan out the week and make sure I have meals that me and my family can eat. Check out the website I posted - lots of great meal ideas taken from the pinned recipe thread on this site.
  • Wow! Thank you so much for posting those recipes!!! I love looking through them for different ideas
  • I have to agree with the others..the cookbook is a must!!