Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #46  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl05 View Post
I thought there was a restaurant thread, but I couldn't find it in the forum search (but forum search has been returning 0 on all my searches lately).

I'm wondering if the following menu choice would be a good IP choice for Chipotle?
  • salad
  • chicken (do you think the steak would be ok?)
  • green tomatillo salsa (medium salsa)

I would skip the peppers due to the oil in the saute and substitute the salsa for dressing. In this case, my 2 c. veggies would be the lettuce (unless you think the peppers -without onions- would be ok to get, but I'm worried about the amount of oil).

From the vague ingredient list, there isn't mention of sugar in any of the above. The chicken is marinated in adobo sauce. But of course there is no guarantee.

What do you think?
I want this but am not tempted to cheat, so if you guys think no, I'll try to find something else. This was an overslept, not prepared day. I'll be buying some extra packets at my appointment tonight (1st weigh in) so I can have an emergency stash in the future.

Thanks so much!
These options are ok, but remember that lettuce does not count towards your 2 cups of veggies. I would also get the peppers without onions, or just not eat the onions. If you can't (or didn't) do that, be sure to get all your veggies in tonight.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #47  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitandfabfrog View Post
I CANNOT stay warm...is this another lovely side affect of releasing fat?
I have ALWAYS been very warm-blooded, opening windows when my hubby and kiddo are freezing...

Now I'm the one complaining it's cold, when hubby is saying, "It's warm in here today."

For the first time in my entire life, I sleep with socks on and buried under the covers!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Yup - color me blue as well - as in blue from freezing. The thermostat was turned up, I was wearing a sweater and was still freezing while the poor wife was almost suffering from heat exhaustion last night.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #49  

Quote:
I CANNOT stay warm...is this another lovely side affect of releasing fat?
It could be. Have your doc do a blood test just to make sure everything is okay.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-14-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #50  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
if you were really sorry you'd come up here and help me shovel. Currently it's about 22 F and slated to snow between 2-5 inches (again) between now and tomorrow morning.
I would but my 2 alloted flights for the year are already scheduled (Idaho in June and Ireland in Aug). Now if you lived somewhere that started with "I"...
Old 03-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #51  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

Height: 5'5"

oh good, glad to hear I am not the only one freezing on possibly the warmest day of the year in my neighborhood . Gotta love it!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #52  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
I would but my 2 alloted flights for the year are already scheduled (Idaho in June and Ireland in Aug). Now if you lived somewhere that started with "I"...
What brings you to Idaho? What part?
Old 03-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Closet to an "I" I can get is it feels like I'm living in an igloo. But that probably won't cut it.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

I am always freezing lately too, which is such a nice change. I live in Louisiana and it is sooo hot and humid here from may-oct (in my opinion) that I try to stay inside as much as possible. Maybe this summer I won't sweat so much.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 163/159/135

Height: 5' 7"

Default Eating all the food?

I just started this diet 2 days ago, have already witnessed four lbs disappear! However, I don't know if its the amount of food or the way I respond to the protein packets but I have absolutely no appetite. I actually have a hard time eating all the food that I'm supposed to. Just had soup for lunch and thought I was literally having to force feed myself a few bites of veggies. Couldn't make it through 2 cups. I skipped the snack yesterday too. Is anyone else having this issue? Other than minor fatigue, I feel great!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #56  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
What brings you to Idaho? What part?
I grew up in Grangeville (where my dad still is) and went to the U of I in Moscow (my brother works for WSU in Pullman) so I'll be touring the northern part of the state seeing family and friends.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #57  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinie89 View Post
Good morning fellow IP'ers. - life has been so busy I have not had time to be on here - has wi last night lost .3 lbs and 2inches will take it since was Tom -- the boyfriend is starting week 4 today and has lost 26 lbs and 17 inches it's crazzzzyy --

My question is -- I have never been sick on IP yet - i woke up this morning with no voice sore throat and all the other wonders with a cold -- what kind of medication should I get ? Can i have more then one cup of herbal tea to help with my throat. (No milk and stevia added )
I remember the first time I got sick on IP and I had no clue what I should do since I wanted to stay in ketosis. I tried lemon tea, as many lemons as you can with hot water poured over it. This helps to soothe your throat and clear mucus. I did succumb to getting cough and cold meds because I couldn't breathe and needed to work.

Just be gentle with yourself, try to find meds that are sugar-free (some will say for diabetics), rest, and try to stay OP. I bought the IP chicken noodle soup and it was amazing during my time of sickness. I didn't always get in all of my food because I found I wasn't that hungry. Just take care of yourself and get through it. You'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlooNimbus13127 View Post
Hi All,

I had a day yesterday that went down the tubes, but could have been avoided. I got busy with dr. appointments, kids, shopping, tutoring, and driving.

The short version of the story is that I did not eat virtually all day, and wound up with a girl scout cookie in my hands. And I'm ashamed to say I ate it. I was sad, tired, overwhelmed, and looking for an excuse.

But, I'm just going to get it back together, and keep going because the only bad thing that can come of it would be quitting altogether. And that really isn't a choice I'm willing to make.

Thanks as always for the great support...
Your inner mean girl told you that you should be ashamed. In reality, you ate the cookies and that's that. No story, no emotion, no judgement. So what, you ate the cookies. Now you can make a better choice for yourself with no story attached to it. Today you get to make the choice to stay OP and reach your goal. You're so right, quitting would be worse. Now that's a good story.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #58  
IP Start Date: 28Feb2013

S/C/G: 328.8/207.4/180

Height: 6'0"

Weigh in last night. Down 7.2 lbs! Woot! Woot!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Yup - color me blue as well - as in blue from freezing. The thermostat was turned up, I was wearing a sweater and was still freezing while the poor wife was almost suffering from heat exhaustion last night.
Yup, no difference here. The thermostat is at 72 and I am wearing a down vest.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #60  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillaryJH View Post
Weigh in last night. Down 7.2 lbs! Woot! Woot!
Wowsers! Congrats!!

I have noticed that I always need a blanket when I sit down at night lately . . . now I know why!

Amberjules -- If I ever slip up, I'm going to come and find you. I think what you said to FlooNimbus was perfect.

Time to get cracking for supper . . .
Closed Thread