FAT CAMP: Join any Time ** Set Goals ** Be Accountable ** Give/Get Support!

You're on Page 28 of 34
Go to
  • Sinderelly - 2.5 mile run??? I can't even imagine a 1-block run! You are amazing!!!

Dangerous - congratulations on your athletic kids! BTW - what is a burn pit???

Candace - I agree with you - this is a good place for encouragement!

Peggy - I feel the same way sometimes. Funny...it is especially bad when I have had a few good days because I somehow expect that I will look as good as I feel and then I get a nasty jolt back to reality I guess the best thing to do is to use it as motivation, not discouragement.

100mother -awesome job at Applebees! Sorry the waiter made you feel weird...but what really matters is that you were in control!

Munchey - I like your postponement idea. Postpone, wait a bit, do a reality check. I will let you know when I have the opportunity to try it!

I feel pretty good this am. Yesterday I realized how much better I feel when I plan ahead. Even though my plan says I can have a special, off plan thing on a special day, I know how easy it would be for me to pretend that all kinds of things were "special" and then...I would have no plan! So I am still working on balance, kwim?
  • SPARKS:
    Good job with the Birthday Dinner!

CANDACE:
    I'm glad you like the thread. It is rather amazing to share our fitness transformations with buddies from other countries. It is, also, amazing for us in the US to share this with buddies from other states. We are all different, but we have common goals.
  • [QUOTE=sparkssparks174729827]
    Peggy - I feel the same way sometimes. Funny...it is especially bad when I have had a few good days because I somehow expect that I will look as good as I feel and then I get a nasty jolt back to reality I guess the best thing to do is to use it as motivation, not discouragement. QUOTE]
    SPARKS:
    Well stated! I can totally identify with this! My problem had been that I avoided the mirror. It can really skew reality, as you have ignored how you really look at a certain weight. At some point, you have to embrace reality.

I tend to think of my situation as the reverse of what happens when anorexic people look in the mirror and see themselves as fat.
  • OK.....So I finally got the guts to post my weight....I have a blog where I have posted it previously...but I dont know why is is such an issue for me to post it here....I think it is because this is more "personal" in some ways.

Anyways...I weighed myself on friday and the scale said 150.3kg....I was devistated because when I decided I was going to loose weight I started at 151.8....I am almost right back where I started!!!! WHYYYYY am I finding it so damn hard to focus on what I must do??? I am irritating myself because I want to loose weight so badly, BUT I love to eat so much....and when I am putting the food in my mouth that is bad for me I rethink my actions and then my response is just....oh well...I came this far.... HOW STUPID....

This week I am really going to focus on my eating...I LOVE soup and I am going to make myself a whole lot of soup...I have got alot of fresh veggies and salad that I can make myself....I will just get some nice chicken and salmon for the week...This week WILL be different.

Thank you to everyone here.....This thread is awesome!

• My actuals for 4-28-13 thru 5-4-13 are:
    Current Weight: 214
    LOSS: 2 pounds
    MILES: Approx. 20
    DVDS: Did not meet -

WHAT WENT WELL:
    I did well with my food. I made my best effort to lighter meals at dinner.

IMPROVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
    I will continue to aim to eat my biggest meal of the day in the afternoon and a smaller meal in the evening. I realize that I won't likely hit the mark every day, but any day that I hit the mark is a bonus. Focus on exercising and working around knee pain.

It is time to do what I'm planning with exercise! I started this morning with some circuits and I will (really really will continue them throughout the week). I want one-der-land so bad, I can feel it. I don't want to wait until the end of June to get there, so I'm going to step things up as best I can and see how many weeks I can shave off the goal.

RELAXATION AND STRESS REDUCTION -STILL WORKING ON THIS: Use relaxation techniques: meditation, breathing exercises, exercises in general.

Saw Deepak Chokra on TV recently. He featured his 21-day meditation and relaxation plan. I'm going to give it a try. 21 days is supposed to be the approx time to build new habits.

ORGANIZATION - STILL WORKING ON THIS: Need to get some things going with home organization. Some say that a cluttered home equates to a cluttered mind. Right now, I tend to agree. Need to work on making my environment peaceful.

My goals for the week 5-5-13 thru 5-11-13 are
    Weight loss Goal= 2 lbs.
    Walking Goal = 20 miles - knees permitting
    Exercise Body Parts = DVD's - One 30 minute session 3 day a week or independent circuits

Mid-term goal: Get to one-der-land by 6-30-13 (199 or less)
    Long-term goal: 140 lbs.
  • Quote: OK.....So I finally got the guts to post my weight....I have a blog where I have posted it previously...but I dont know why is is such an issue for me to post it here....I think it is because this is more "personal" in some ways.

Anyways...I weighed myself on friday and the scale said 150.3kg....I was devistated because when I decided I was going to lose weight I started at 151.8....I am almost right back where I started!!!! WHYYYYY am I finding it so damn hard to focus on what I must do??? I am irritating myself because I want to lose weight so badly, BUT I love to eat so much....and when I am putting the food in my mouth that is bad for me I rethink my actions and then my response is just....oh well...I came this far.... HOW STUPID....

This week I am really going to focus on my eating...I LOVE soup and I am going to make myself a whole lot of soup...I have got alot of fresh veggies and salad that I can make myself....I will just get some nice chicken and salmon for the week...This week WILL be different.

Thank you to everyone here.....This thread is awesome!

CANDACE:
    I learned the hard way that there is no value added to NOT weighing. Ignoring the scale only makes it worse in the long run and contributes to gaining more weight. In some ways, you could compare it to wearing pants with elastic waste bands, lol.

I needed to "own" the number in order to tackle it. It will get easier for you as the weeks go by. We are here to help each other!

Don't wait until you have diabetes and/or joint problems and injuries. It will never be as easy as it is now, trust me. The older we get, the more challenges we have to weight loss and fitness. The younger you are, the more forgiving you skin will be.

Come on Candace - give us 2 pounds! You can do this!

Soup sounds like a good idea! Fruit and veggies, also good! Try checking in daily to post your food intake and see if it helps with daily accountability.
  • Today 195.2 so thats a 1.2lb loss for the week. I swear im beginning to think ill never get out of the 190s ugh! But ill keep trying!
    Have gotten alot accomplished around the house and yard so im feeling confident about that. My eating is going well altho i think im leaning to much back into quick dinner fixes and thats causing me problems so i need to buckle back down where thats concerned. So for the week of 5/5-5/12 my goal is...
    194lbs
    get back to better meals
    Get some more organizing and decluttering done in house since calling for rain next 3 days
    find motivation during those rainy days to stay on track and accountable.
  • WOOO HOOO! I had a great week this week! After last weeks binge eating I got right back on track and lost 5.8 lbs. I know some of that is water weight but I'll take it! I feel like I am in the right mindset now. I know what foods just CANNOT come in the house no matter what and which foods my boyfriend can indulge in without bothering me which I think is an important realization.

My goals for the week 5-5-13 thru 5-11-13 are
    Weight loss Goal= 2 lbs.
    Walking Goal = Walk my dog for a least 30 minutes each day.
    Exercise = Actually try the spinning workout I downloaded!

Mid-term goal: Get into the 160's by June
    Long-term goal: 120 lbs.
  • Candace - It's great that you are feeling focused!

Munchey - I like what you said about a cluttered home - a cluttered mind. My home...fluctuates, just like my mind! Sometimes things are humming, sometimes I start to lose my grip. And I want to start tracking how I do in this area, but I am afraid of failing. Because I feel like I can't focus on too much at once, and my health comes first right now!

dangerous - it is so true that it is harder to stay on track on rainy days!!! Hope you do well with your plan.

rated - I agree that it is very important to know your trigger foods. It is great that you have some control over what foods come into your home!

jez - consistency is really the biggest thing, right?

Oh geez..I have to go. So I'll just say that I had a good week and my plans are staying the same. And I am PLANNING to maybe have a special meal on Friday or Saturday...that way I won't be unprepared if things work out that way!
  • So this week's weigh in is 210.6 pounds. I have binged a bit this weekend so I know where the weight gain has come from. But I have set this week's goal and I will make sure I ACHIEVE them!

Goal 1- Drink more water (at least 4-5 cups a day)
    Goal 2- Exercise at least 2-3 times this week
  • Quote: Don't wait until you have diabetes and/or joint problems and injuries. It will never be as easy as it is now, trust me. The older we get, the more challenges we have to weight loss and fitness. The younger you are, the more forgiving you skin will be.

Come on Candace - give us 2 pounds! You can do this!

Soup sounds like a good idea! Fruit and veggies, also good! Try checking in daily to post your food intake and see if it helps with daily accountability.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Munchey
    Well I already have problems with my joints...when I go out dancing one night my knees hate me for 3 days after that,,,I cant jog as I am just to heavy for my poor knees...Not goignt to make this an excuse though...I can still do my teabo, walk on the treadmil and do the orbitrek. I am also getting some P90X DVDs and Zumba dvds...does anyone have an opinion on these??

So Munchey...I will try to do you one better at 3 pounds???

@ Sparks

Thank you very much...It is awesome to have this group as backing ( as you do know) I hope this new week is also good for you
  • oh poopies, I forgot to post my plan

6 May 2013:

Breakfast: Veggie soup with 2 slices brown Toast (657 Cal according to Myfitnesspal)

Lunch: egg white omlet with bacon,mushroom and little cheese (450 cal according to myfitnesspal)

Snack: Broccoli & Cauliflower soup. (first time I made it and 150cal according to myfitnesspal)

Dinner: Broccoli & Cauliflower soup with a little blue cheese....sounds gross, but it is really nice (300 cals according to myfitnesspal...2 cups :-) )

Workout: I am hoping to do some teabo....I MUST!! or atleast a 30 min brisk walk on the treadmil...just something.

Oh and I also wanted to tell you guys...I went to my mom last night for a quick visit, and I have decided that it is time that someone (being me) talks to her regarding her weight... Usually when someone says something she is on the attack and kinda mean, but last night I took my laptop to her, I showed her a few pictures of people who have lost weight and I told her it is time she does something about it...I will help her, I will workout with her and I will give advice as far as I possibly can, and at first she was a little defensive,but I told her that I am not attacing her, I want to help her, and she agreed to do it with me...Im SO HAPPY!!!

I will keep you guys updated as to the developments there aswell!

Lots of love!
  • Rated, Munchey, Dangerouscurves, and Jez, Congrats on your weight losses. That is awesome.

My weigh in today was 257.8. I'm up .8, but I was up 2 whole pounds earlier in the week.

My goals for this week: Continue to work on not eating past 11 p.m. (night owl)
    Log my food everyday on sparkpeople.
    Exercise at least 5X this week. (met last week.)
    Lose at least 1 pound this week.
  • Good morning! I hope everyone had an awesome weekend! I just wanted to check in before I get started on what will probably be a very busy day at work.

Just got to say, WOW, weekends are so much better when I'm ACTIVE and on my eating plan!

WEEKEND RECAP:
    Friday - Caloric goal - 1300-1500 Calories reached! v
    Friday - Exercise - 15 minute weights, 2 minute stair stepper, 20 Minute Elliptical
    Saturday - Caloric Goal -1400-1600 Calories reached!
    Saturday - Exercise - 30 minute elliptical
    Sunday - Caloric Goal - 1600-1800 Calories .... NOT reached . I'm estimating I overshot the goal by 500 calories. However, take a look at my exercise and that might explain why. I still made healthy choices all day! Except for some frozen yogurt that evening, but hey, I'm human!
    Sunday - Exercise - 5 mile hike, 3 hours, ~1500-2000 calories burned baby! oh yeh!

One for every mile hiked!

Sorry, I think I'm obsessed with this carrot, haha.

So...TODAY'S PLAN:
    Caloric Goal: 1300-1500 Calories
    Breakfast - Granola Bar (140 Calories), Coffee (50 Calories)
    Lunch - Salad (150 Calories), Banana (100 calories), Graham Crackers (100 Calories)
    Snack - UNK (something substantial since everything else is so lite)
    Dinner - Chicken Salad with lot of veggies & Poppyseed dressing (400 Calories)
    Exercise - 15 Minutes Weights, 10 Minutes Elliptical

Hope everyone has a great day!