FAT CAMP: Join any Time ** Set Goals ** Be Accountable ** Give/Get Support!

You're on Page 22 of 34
Go to

• SHEPHERDGIRL:
    Congrats on your grades! Good job! I know you will do well on the remaining test/assignment! It will feel good to get that diploma!

Your dress sounds like a great inspiration outfit!

Hope you do/did well at the celebration. I think meals out/occasions are challenges for all of us. One key is to NOT go hungry and eat something before you go. Sometimes, you may need to bring the healthy food contribution. When all else fails, make the best choices from the best food options.

SPARKS17:
    Sounds like a sexy inspiration nightgown. You will be feeling comfy in it soon. Size labels can be so off track. Sometimes, I think we just need to get rid of the label and go by the fit.
  • Quote:
    A FAT CAMP ASSIGNMENT

Your assignment, if you choose to accept it, is to go shopping in your closet or find an inspiration outfit in another way.
    I looked in my closet and found a pair of jeggings I used to rock so well about a year and a half ago. They are a size 13 and I am looking to fit into these again by the end of the summer.
  • Gahh! Well, I may have done well on my tests this week, but I majorly failed at the potluck. I didn't think I was doing that bad during it, but when I got back to my computer and logged everything, it sure added up. Went wayy over my calories, but I've done well the rest of the week so hopefully it will even out. I guess I forgot how much all the little things add up. I'm trying to use this as a learning experience though and do better the next time. Instead of tasting everything, next time I'll just pick one or two things that I really like and stick with those. Oh well--I didn't get fat from eating one meal, so it's not that big of a deal. I'll just have to do better tomorrow.
  • Oh I love the assignment! There are a couple of work shirts that I have been wanting to wear for a long time but they have been way too tight to be comfortable in. When I can button them up not have the pullage(i'm sure you all know what I am talking about lol) I will be excited!

Ohhh I love that we get assignments in fat camp!!!
  • HEY CAMPERS!

Thought I'd share this info. I think we have all heard before that we shouldn't eat large meals in the evening. Here is some info to drive it home. I'm going to give the logic a try next week and aim to eat my largest meal in the middle of the day and eat lighter in the evening.

Ayurvedic Fat Fighter #3

Here it is: Eat 50% of your daily calories at lunch. This is what’s incredibly unique about ayurvedic fat fighting: Instead of cutting calories first, you just have to change when you are eating most of your calories. According to ayurveda, lunch is the most important meal of the day because it is when your digestive fire, agni, is the strongest. You should eat the least number of calories at dinner, which should be before 7 p.m. If it sounds too good to be true, here is an experiment for you to do at home: Measure the number of calories that you are currently consuming on a daily basis. Don’t reduce the total number of calories you are eating, but eat the majority of your calories at lunch (at least 50%). Without any additional effort, you should begin to lose weight. Who doesn’t love that?

A typical day’s meals should look like this:
    Breakfast should be easy-to-digest foods like hot oatmeal, hot cereal, or fresh fruit. Don’t eat egg yolks because it’s hard to digest – just egg whites.

Lunch
    should be your largest meal when you eat the heaviest foods – cheese, eggs, meat and desserts.

Dinnertime is when your digestive fire is the weakest, so this should be your smallest and lightest meal. Dinner should consist of small proportions of easy-to-digest foods such as soups or cooked vegetables. Dinner shouldn’t be eaten after 7 p.m. because your body’s digestion gets weaker at night and cannot process food as well; undigested food is turned into toxins and often stored in your fat cells.

The complete write up and additional info. can be found at the following Dr. Oz web address:

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/5-way...da?page=2#copy
  • Oh i definitly have to agree with eating early is effective. I don't nececssarily eat my biggest meal at lunch but when I have the discipline to not eat after 7 the scale is always my friend. I just have to be consistent with it. THat is going to be a theme I am sure in my posts. I need to be consistent! Geez get that through your thick scull!(I talk to myself all the time!)
  • Digestive fire?? I am going to have to read this!
  • Gmornin ladies-
    Well, i dont have anything in my closet to work toward because i got rid of any and everything to small for me and as things get to bih they go too BUT i would love to get back into a 2 piece bathing suit again and when i can i will get myself a very nice 1 as my reward!
    Been spending most of the past few days outside doing things in my yard (2 acres), playing with my dogs and catching rays. By days end and hot shower im in bed and out like a light lol.
    That article makes alot of sense. Eating late at night is hard on me due to acid reflux which makes even more sense with the food just sitting there not being digested. Dinner is normally the biggest meal of the day but definitely going to try the big lunch/light dinner thing.
    HAPPY FRIDAY YALL
  • Hello!!!

Oh PLEASE may I join???

I am looking for someone to inspire me to keep on going,,,my lazy bum always chooses the easy way out!!!

I think this sounds awesome...heaven knows I need Fat Camp!!
  • Quote: Hello!!!

Oh PLEASE may I join???

I am looking for someone to inspire me to keep on going,,,my lazy bum always chooses the easy way out!!!

I think this sounds awesome...heaven knows I need Fat Camp!!

CANDACE:
    Welcome to Camp! Good to have you join us.

It really helps to have buddies for support! Think about some goals and post them. Most of us status our goals on Sundays.

You can do this!

• HEY CAMPERS!

HOPE EVERYONE IS GEARING UP FOR A GREAT WEEKEND!

I had a little wake up call the other day regarding food labels. I'm usually very good at that, but I got a reminder to not let my guard down - even when it seems like a no brainer. I purchased some marinated carrots at the grocery store - they come with some peppers and onions mixed in. I love to put a little on my salads. Well, there was a different brand for $1.29 per can versus $1.99 for my usual brand. So, I went cheap. Was I surprised when I opened the first can yesterday. The liquid looked oily and when I looked at the label I saw that it contained some high fructose corn syrup. It reinforced the need to read the labels, and never to assume that a different brand of the similar thing is as healthy.

DANGEROUS:
    Working in the yard is a good way to burn up some calories. I'm going to do some of that over the course of the next few days. It usually lifts my mood to work outdoors during a nice comfortable sunny day.

• 1000 CALORIE BURN CHALLENGE

I entered into a litle challenge with a couple weight loss buddies to pick a day and exercise enough to burn up 1000 calories. Tomorrow is my day and my plan appears below. Jump in and join me. If tomorrow doesn't work for you, pick another day. Choose your own exercise. You can find various activity calculators online.

I used an exercise calculator to compute this. My game plan appears below. The mix might vary a bit. I plan to start the day with some early morning boxing with my reflex station (target is approx. 30 minutes & might break it up into two 15 minute sessions). I plan on making a trip to the park with Becca and walk approx. 3 miles. Between all this, will come the gardening. I put an hour down, but I'm trying for a couple hours. If for some reason, I don't get to the park, I will spend extra time gardening.

30 minutes of boxing = 244

walking, light - 1 hr 30 miles = 578

Gardening 1 hr. (light to moderate) = 329

CALORIES BURNED IF EVERYTHING ABOVE ACCOMPLISHED: 1151
  • Munchey, which exercise calculator were you using? I would definitely try to do the challenge! Also, regarding the food labels, I totally agree with you! I ALWAYS read them regardless of how much of a no-brainer it might be. Good thing you checked it at home!
  • Man 1000 calories. That is amazing. I go to a mma style kickboxing class on Saturdays and that is probably 400-500 calories easy but where I am going to find those other 500 calories is scaring me! Lol!!! It's such a good idea though. That is why I want to get that body media arm band Jillian Micheal endorses. That way you know exactly where you stand with your calories.
  • Quote: Munchey, which exercise calculator were you using? I would definitely try to do the challenge! Also, regarding the food labels, I totally agree with you! I ALWAYS read them regardless of how much of a no-brainer it might be. Good thing you checked it at home!
    I used a calculator from the Jillian Michaels site. Try one of the options below or my fitness pal. (Jm site is a pay site)

http://calorielab.com/burned/

http://bestweightlossfacts.net/exerc...rie-calculator

http://www.self.com/calculatorsprogr...et=5.0&submit=
    http://calorielab.com/burned/