FAT CAMP: Join any Time ** Set Goals ** Be Accountable ** Give/Get Support!

You're on Page 19 of 34
Go to
  • Next weeks goals:

Food: continue to average 1500 calories per day. And I'm going to try an experiment: allow myself ONE dessert during the week. This will actually be harder for me than avoiding them altogether. But I'm trying to teach myself moderation.

Exercising: walk to all my classes, take all the stairs, and walk 4 days @ 30 mins per day. Let's see if I can actually do it this week. :P

Weight: lose 1.5 lbs. This is usually the point where the scale starts bouncing back up and the weight loss starts leveling off (I've lost 7.2 lbs in the past two weeks, which I know is because of water weight). As long as I average long-term 1.5 lbs per week though, I'll be happy.
  • Ok now for me (just so proud of my boy!)
    Gmornin ladies-
    Scale 197.0 so altho i didnt make it to 195 i did at least fix my monday nite screw up. Ive been good with my calories and food choices since then. My walks are good and im working the jog spurts in pretty regular and feeling confident its something i can keep up with (IF my hip gets used to it and lets me continue). I still cant get over the whole... im jogging thing lol ive just never been one or even wanted to be one and here i am striving to get better at it hmmm...
    Ok so for the week of 4/22-4/28...
    Weight 195
    Daily walks and jogs
    Stat within my calories
    Tighten up on my organizing as well.
  • dangerouscurves: Question for you. I noticed we are about the same height and you are the weight I hope to be in several months. What weight did you start jogging? Is there such a thing as being too heavy to jog/run? I'm just afraid of injuring myself. My long term goal is to eventually run a 5K, but considering I haven't even walked one yet, it will be a while. My current exercise is power walking, and I was thinking that when I get to 180, which was my lightest adult weight, I'd start jogging. I have weak ankles that I've sprained in the past several times, so I want to be careful. I'll talk to my doctor of course, I was just wondering about your experience.
  • Soo I am down to 220.2! So excited about that. I haven't been that weight since 2008. Now it is time to push and get back to the teens. I have been running 3 times a week, and I have my mud run in June which I am super stoked about.

Next week I hope to lose 2 lbs and weigh in at 218.2!
  • Shepherd- i actually just started jogging a couple weeks ago so that means i was 200lbs. I have back problems that cause my hips, knees and legs in general to cause me grief but they seem to be calming down as i lose. My left hip is bugging me a good bit now but seems to ease up as i move around so im hopeful that i can keep up the jogs... you never know til you try!

• My actuals for 4-14-13 thru 4-20-13 are:
    Current Weight: 218 (Almost 217, but can't claim it yet)
    LOSS: 2 pounds
    MILES: Didn't count this week
    DVDS: Did not meet -

WHAT WENT WELL:
    I did well with my food. I'm doing better with portion control, recognizing when I'm full and postponing eating something.

IMPROVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
    Focus on exercising and working around knee pain. Still haven't been successful with finding pain relief that will hold through a night's sleep without me waking up around 1:00 or 2:00 a.m. I'm not supposed to be taking Advil, but when the Tylenol wore off at 2:00 a.m. this morning, I took one. I'm going to try and alternate between the two.

Plan to start some mediation. I'm starting to be consumed with anxiety and I need to get a handle on it. Between stock market concerns, knee pain and world events, I'm a bit overwhelmed. I definitely need to calm my mind.

Need to get some things going with home organization. Some say that a cluttered home equates to a cluttered mind. Right now, I tend to agree. Need to work on making my environment peaceful.
    My goals for the week 4-21-13 thru 4-27-13 are:

Weight loss Goal= 2 lbs.
    Walking Goal = 20 miles - knees permitting
    Exercise Body Parts = DVD's - One 30 minute session 3 day a week or independent circuits

Mid-term goal: Get to one-der-land by 6-30-13 (199 or less)
    Long-term goal: 140 lbs.

• HI CAMPERS!

I posted my weekly progress, but I have to run. I'll check back later today with personals.

Munchey
  • Shepherdgirl – Awesome weight loss!! I know exactly what you mean about the honeymoon being over but now you have the opportunity to create habits that will get you through the rest of your weight loss (and maintenance). Just remind yourself that every time you make the right choice it will be easier the next time. Good job on your food choices! Exercise is what I am working on this week also I want to add it in. How many minutes are you aiming for? We can each set a goal and private message each other to stay on track if you like, remind each other etc.

Dangerous – Good job getting back after a Monday screw up and not waiting till next week (like I always did). I hope your hips cooperate. I did some running the other day and my one knee swelled up like crazy but I will try again!

Sinderelly – WOO HOO here come the teens! Great weight lost this week.

Munchy – Knee pain doesn’t sound like very much fun. Have you tried any lower impact exercise like swimming?
  • Week 1 was pretty good. The first half went really well.... Thursday to Saturday not so much since junk food was brought into my house. So my weight loss was less that I hoped but I know where I went wrong and it won't happen this week I am ready! I have downloaded a spinning work our that I would like to complete at leasst 3 times this week. I know it will be challenging but I am up for it. I lost 2.6 lbs which was more than my goal but I can't help but be dissapointed since I know it would have been more if I hadn't messed up those 3 days.

Weight loss Goal this week= 2 lbs.
    Weight loss: 2.6 lbs

Weight loss goal April 20-27 - 2 lbs
    Exercise Goal = 90 mins
    Food Goal = Under 1500 cals a day. Fruit or vegetable with every meal.

Mid-term goal: Get to the 160s by June
    Long-term goal: 120 lbs.
  • Hello everyone!
    I'm new here and would like to join

My weekly weigh-ins/measurements are on Tuesdays. I don't have a specific goal this week since these past few days have been really, REALLY bad which means I'm not expecting any great results. I'm actually doing a 3-day Detox (Today - Tuesday) to cleanse my body out.

My next goal is to be back in the 130s! So hopefully, by the end of the month, I'll be out of the 140s.

Whoop Whooop!
  • munchey and dangerouscurves: I like your goals of organizing! It doesn't sound like it is related to weight loss, but it is part of living a healthy, balanced lifestyle. I know for me that for me this is a journey of self-discipline and I've noticed that when I'm disciplined in one area (such as getting organized), I'm better at staying disciplined in other areas, such as my exercise. Sounds goofy, I know--I guess it's just a mental thing. Actually I think I may add a goal for this week: spring clean my room! It's long been overdue and needs dusting and lots of cleaning and organizing. Cleaning is relaxing for me, so I can do it in between studying for all my final exams!

rated: Thanks for the encouragement! I'm starting super small and am just doing 30 minutes of power-walking per day. I've never PMed before, but can try to figure it out. I'm not able to get on here too often due to my schedule, but we could try to check with each other mid-week, if you wanted.
  • Quote: Hello everyone!
    I'm new here and would like to join

My weekly weigh-ins/measurements are on Tuesdays. I don't have a specific goal this week since these past few days have been really, REALLY bad which means I'm not expecting any great results. I'm actually doing a 3-day Detox (Today - Tuesday) to cleanse my body out.

My next goal is to be back in the 130s! So hopefully, by the end of the month, I'll be out of the 140s.

Whoop Whooop!

hoopty33:
    Welcome to camp!
    Good luck with the cleanse!

You can do this! I know you are going to be looking good in the Summer heat!

Munchey

• AMANDIE:
    Hope you are feeling better. Watch out for those drinks, they can really eat up those WW points.

DANGEROUS:
    Congrats on your son's win - I can tell he takes after his mother!

Come on 195! Take care of the sore hip. We don't want you to get sidelined for an extended period.

JEZ:
    Glad you are settled in your new state/house. You have handled that well. I'd be unpacking and getting things straightened out for weeks to come, lol. Moving is so stressful. I'm glad you are ready to get back to working on your goal.

RATED:
    Congrats on the loss! You have a new week ahead with new opportunities. I'm glad to hear that your Boyfriend will hide those goodies from you in the future (for me it would have to be something with a padalock with a hidden key, lol). Sorry you are so far from town, guess I can see that a guy would want to stock up on his favorite things.

SINDERELLY:
    Congrats on reaching 220!

SHEPHERDGIRL:

Hang in there! You have a lot on your plate right now with finals. It will get better, but I think we all will have weeks on the health/fitness front that are more difficult than others. It takes some effort, but when we discover great tasting alternatives to the high calorie foods it can be our new normal (along with exercises we like).
    Cleaning would be more relaxing for me if I didn't have a hyperactive dog getting in the middle of things, lol. Good luck with studying for your finals - it can be quite stressful.

To run or not to run? I think genetics has to enter into some decisions. If you have a family history of arthritis, you would be more apt to have more problems or wear your knees out sooner than others. There can be value in sprinting. You could do a combo of your speed walking and then occasionally break out in a run. Running can get the job done faster though.
  • 171 this am. Not happy and trying not to take it personal since TOM and getting drunk on Friday, ya know. I just really wanted to see something below 165.9. I was not perfect but it should have been enough to warrant a loss, just something. That means I must seriously buckle down now.

Next week's goals (4/21 to 4/28)-
    Plan meals the day before and stick to it, no more than 1/3 of the weeklies.
    Be more strict with tracking everything (including BLT), not just going by what's in my head.
    No drinking at all.
    Keep up with the workouts on the elliptical trainer (60 mins+) and start 30 Day Shred.

Jez, I'm there with you! I started up a 4th of July challenge thread over in the Chicks up For a Challenge forum, just for more added motivation. I would love to be able to lose 20 (well I will take 10 at this point, LOL) by then and 30 by end of July/Aug. Glad you're all moved in and everything! I know that is totally stressful as heck!
  • Gmornin yall-
    Scale this a.m. 195.4 so with this lil whoosh im wondering if it means i wont be having a TOM this month? Dont get me wrong ill take it lol but hmmm...
    congrats on everyones achievements for the past week and for the things we didnt meet we have a new week to work them out! Dont give up or give in!
    Welcome to bootcamp hoopty!