FAT CAMP: Join any Time ** Set Goals ** Be Accountable ** Give/Get Support!

You're on Page 16 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Hi everyone! I am back on 3FC to start all over again after moving in with my boyfriend and gaining about 40lbs. This looks like a great group although I am going to have to go back and read a lot to get to know everyone.

Mid-term goal: Get to the 160s by June
    Long-term goal: 120 lbs.

Weight loss Goal this week= 2 lbs.
    Exercise Goal = 150 mins

RATED:
    Welcome to camp! I'm glad you are joining us!

I think that most of us can relate to starting over. The important thing is that we are back on track and working on our goals.

Munchey
  • Gmornin ladies-
    197.2 this morning and im feeling all crampy achy and blah. TOM is due anytime now and boy do i feel it. Its a rainy morning and i think im just gonna lay around and watch tv and just chill for a little bit. I got the 1st yard mowing of the ssason in yesterday and some grocery shopping and an evening walk along the beach with my baby sister.
    Welcome to camp RATED your gonna love it here!
  • dangerouscurvesahead: Let me tell you that's one part of my life that I don't miss. The only thing about aging.

RATED Welcome aboard. Great people here.

I went for a nice walk at lunch today. I had a little zip in my walk all afternoon. I have to stay on track with the walking. I always feel so much better energy wise. Made home made whole wheat pizza tonight. It fills me up more than the white. I made home made scones yesterday also. I had never done that before. Yumm for sure so I have to limit myself.
  • Joining Fat Camp :)
    Hi everyone! Mind if I join? Checked out a few people's posts, and I'll try to keep with the format.

Weekly goal: Lose 1-2 pounds
    Long-term goal: Lose 40 pounds

Current weight: 184 lbs
    Last week: 185 lbs

Action Steps
    Stick to allotted foods/meals prepped at home this weekend
    Work out at least 15 minutes each night

Accountability
    Monday - 10 mins on the elliptical + 1 round of kettle bells

Looking forward to checking in tomorrow!
  • Good evening ladies-
    My prayers are with those involved in the marathon bombing! Did absolutely nothing today but lay around all day and watch tv with my dogs. Stayed on calrie real good all day and then had to bring my dd to e.r. for severe back pain, shes been working on a friends family farm and believe she may have torn some muscles. She couldnt even do track practice. Been out here for awhile now and said its gonna be awhile but she really needs to be seen and ive really gotten the munchies! Ugh ima have to work extra hard this week for tonight.
    Snow- yeah i cant wait to get to the other side of this part of being a woman cuz i certainly dont need it to "feel feminine" for sure!
  • NSV today that I can't help bragging about.
    In accordance with this weeks goal, I have been taking all the stairs and walking to all of my classes (and work too, which is in the campus library). So I get at least 20-30 minutes of walking per day just coming to/from buildings.

Anyways, I happened to be walking with a classmate to my class on the big hill and instead of taking the long way around using the sidewalk beside the road, she took the shortcut, which is a set of stairs, 100 steps total. I had a fear of those stairs and have always taken the longer way around just to avoid them. But thanks to good 'ole peer pressure, I joined my friend. And then I took 6 more flights of stairs inside the building to get to my 3rd floor classroom! So that was pretty close to 200 (steep) stairs all within a couple minutes. That was in addition to all the other walking I've done on campus today, so I'm patting myself on the back. Not a big deal in the long run, but I try to celebrate the little victories!
  • Quote: Hi everyone! I am back on 3FC to start all over again after moving in with my boyfriend and gaining about 40lbs. This looks like a great group although I am going to have to go back and read a lot to get to know everyone.
    Hooray for starting over--I'm doing it too. I've gained about 20 lbs from last year's low weight. :P But the good thing about starting over is that you know you can do it 'cause you've done it once before. It's just sticking with it in the long run that's my problem.
  • Joining FAT CAMP!!
    Whenever you have a goal, you should write it down and make it plain. So here goes. I starting my journey on January 22 2013 at 208lbs
    Currently I'm at 189
    My goal is 160 for now.

I'm making slow progress, but it's a start. I started an extremely low carb ketonic diet. Allowing me 30 carbs a day. It wasn't quite working, so now I'm on a calorie restrictive diet and since I've made that change I've seem progress. I walk two miles a day and will be starting INSANITY workout routine

• I finished my taxes last night and got them mailed off today, just under the wire, lol. My other project for the day was to install a new screen in my sister's laptop. She closed up something in the lid and cracked the screen. It is amazing what you can learn to do from the Internet. I'm happy to report that I installed a new screen and got everything back up and running.

I made it to the park to walk the dog at the end of the day, but I had to cut it short because my knee hurt too much. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for a walk, if not, I'll be punching the punching bag for a little cardio.

Most of you are already in bed, so I'll wish everyone a good Tuesday!

DANGEROUS:
    So sorry about your DD's back. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. I'm sure the dogs enjoyed your company. Did they get to choose the channel, lol

SHEPHERDGIRL:
    Good job on the stairs and walking! Those small victories will add up to large ones before you know it.

SNOWTOPPER:
    Walking is a good form of exercise and it is joint friendly. It generally makes us feel better physically and mentally. That pizza sounds good. So many good cooks in camp!

• coffeeshopgirl:
    Welcome to camp! Glad you are joining in!

Seeing your mention of kettle bells reminded me that I should start using mine again. Are you using a specific DVD with them? I have a Jillian Michaels DVD and a Bob Harper one.

Munchey

• KaySays:
    Welcome to camp! A nineteen pound loss is fantastic!

Keep up the good work! I hope you have found food that you enjoy on your food plan. I think that is important for the long term.

Munchey
  • count me in!
    new to this site but ready to start something! starting weight 283 pounds. would like to lose 2 pounds by sunday. all pointers welcome. starting with walking daily one hour and zumba for 20 minutes. we cut out potatoes and breads in our daily diet. what else helps speed this along?
  • Gmornin ladies-
    Whew it was a long nite! Got home at 2 a.m. put my dd in bed with me cuz they gave her a muscle relaxer and it knocked her out so i wanted to keep an eye on her. She has pulled muscles and is out of gym n track practice rest of week and has to see family dr in 3-5 days for her release. The alarm wwnt off at 6:30 and the morning chores began. Hubby up dogs up coffee made dogs fed morning potty runs for them. Harley (middle dog-beagle mix) brought home a squirrel for the puppy, Dixie (beagle/hound mix) breakfast. Shes been bringin her critters since 2wks after we brought her home tryin to tend to her and teach her to hunt lol. Jackson, my purebred longhaired white german shepherd tries his best to keep up with harley who runs like a deer but he gives it his best shot lol. Dixie isnt allowed to run with harley yet cuz she cant keep up yet and her tracking skills are just gettin honed in and we dont want her gettin lost which is why harley keeps bringing critters to her and will even try to bring them in the house if we're not watching. Anyway... my dd is still sleeping, the scale is 200 this a.m. thanx to no sleep, a kitkat bar, texas cinnamon bun and bag of jalapeno chedder popper cheetos last night.
    Munchey- lol the dogs loved being kicked back on the couch with me all day yesterday and lickily i had control of the remote for a change.
  • Quote: new to this site but ready to start something! starting weight 283 pounds. would like to lose 2 pounds by sunday. all pointers welcome. starting with walking daily one hour and zumba for 20 minutes. we cut out potatoes and breads in our daily diet. what else helps speed this along?

determinedinmt:
    Welcome!

It is all about calories versus calories out. For long-term success you need to become aware of the calorie content of foods, find low calorie foods that you love and find exercise that you like.

If you get involved with exercise you absolutely hate and deprive yourself with food that you hate, you won't likely succeed or keep weight off.

It is important to get support and be accountable. You have started that by posting here.

The walking and Zumba are great starts for exercising. Do you have any plan in mind for your food? Are you going to count calories?

Munchey

• DANGEROUS:
    I wouldn't have weighed on the scale today. For me, it is better to assume that I'd likely weigh in more because of what I ate the day before and just correct course for the rest of the week. I don't like the roller coaster ride of daily weigh ins - I find it less frustrating to deal with the weekly number.

Hope your DD is better soon. Pulled muscles in the back can be very painful for a week or two. I think most of us have been there a time or two.

Munchey