What to do with all this pudding?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Prior to discovering IP bars, I was eating chocolate pudding as a snack. I absolutely love and prefer the bars over the pudding. I have 2 boxes of chocolate pudding left and I'm trying to figure out how to best use them up. Aside from making pudding, what else can I create with pudding on Phase 1?
  • Pudding as a Shake or 'Frosty'
    OMG - love the pudding as a shake -- just add 2-3 extra ounces and shake up and drink -- it's a thick, tasty and filling afternoon snack for me (add more water if needed to get the consistency correct).

When I am at home, I take out my Magic Bullet - mix together the same type of shake but with more water and some vanilla extract, put the mix in bullet and mix with ice until thick and frosty...eat it with a spoon.

ENJOY!!!!
  • I like making a shake with the puddings. Add any sugar free flavored syrup or extracts to change up the flavor. I like adding Torani SF Toffee to the chocolate or mint extract. I blend the pudding with about 8oz water and add 6-10 ice cubes. I think I saw a recipe for making "cookies" from the pudding too.
  • Smoothies, fudge, frozen bark, ice cream, muffins
  • I love putting mine in the freezer to either freeze it enough so it's like a Wendy's frosty, or all the way to ice cream hardness. I also make it into shakes.
  • Salted Caramel Milkshake!

8 oz water, pudding packet, 8 ice cubes, Walden Farms Caramel Syrup, sprinkle of sea salt.

Blend and enjoy!
  • Ok now you guys are making me want some pudding lol. I buy the ready made pudding as my afternoon snack but you really can't do much else with it I don't think. Maybe tomorrow at my WI I should buy some pudding mix. I don't know what it is but Frozen Bark sounds interesting to me.
  • I use it as a shake like many others. I don't use the vanilla or chocolate drinks because the puddings are slightly lower in cal/carb. Get the blender out. 1.5 cups water, 1 cup ice, one IP packet and whatever Torani SF syrup flavors you want. My favorites are:

Vanilla Pudding with Torani SF Salted Caramel
    Milk Chocolate Pudding with Torani SF Hazelnut and Peanut Butter
    Milk Chocolate Pudding with Torani SF Black Cherry

Delicious!
  • Yum! I am picking up some pudding tomorrow at WI!
  • I have a bunch of the RTE pudding as well. I really don't care for it so I will experiment, see what I can come up with.
  • Just be careful -- from one chocoholic to another -- the bars are definitely DELISH but you're trading a non-restricted for a restricted, and those bars get addicting. If you still like the puddings, keep using them and maybe use the bars less frequently for your treat. I found after awhile one bar was never enough and le voila-- here I am -- not losing as quickly as I should. I've stopped buying so many bars and am going back to using the puddings more to make cookies, muffins, etc. Lisa keeps advocating (for herself) to stick to savoury tastes vs. sweet, and I'm thinking she's on to some good advice.

Edit: Now I'm inspired to go make some muffins! LOL. We can still get blueberry pudding in Canada, so blueberry puddings are on the menu for snack later! mmmm....

Is anyone else counting the days -- not for spring -- but for RHUBARB season?? LOL
  • Oh my....saw this today on FinnSteve's Facebook page.....looks delish! I'm going to post it in the recipe section too.

Thanks FinnSteve for sharing this!

Been experimenting with Phase 1 baking lately...came up with a non-restricted Chocolate Banana loaf this afternoon that was quick and easy to make and turned out great! You know it's a success when your kids ask for seconds! =)

CHOCOLATE-BANANA BREAD:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Spray a mini-loaf pan with olive oil non-stick spray

In a bowl, mix the following:
    1 packet Chocolate Drink Mix
    1 packet Banana Pudding Mix
    2 egg whites (may also work well with 1 whole egg)
    1 tablespoon nonfat milk (could use up to 2 for a total of 1 oz nonfat milk in place of using 1 oz nonfat milk with your coffee in the morning)
    2 tablespoons of olive oil
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    2 teaspoons Walden Farms chocolate syrup (or 1-2 teaspoons Splenda may work well)
    1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Pour all contents into the mini loaf and bake for about 15 minutes.

Yields 2 non-restricted products. You could eat half & share the rest, or eat half the loaf today and half the loaf tomorrow, or eat half the loaf for breakfast and half the loaf for a snack, etc
  • Quote: Yields 2 non-restricted products. You could eat half & share the rest, or eat half the loaf today and half the loaf tomorrow, or eat half the loaf for breakfast and half the loaf for a snack, etc
    Share?! I don't think so!!
  • Either dry or soggy
    This recipe is dry when I mix it per the recipe and impossible. To pour but, if I add water until it is moist enough to spoon into the mini-loaf, the middle is soggy after baking. Also, I put 2 tbls oil versus 2 tsp (i saw tsp in another version of this recipe) and use 2tlsp og egg white where it says 2 egg white. Help!!

Quote: Oh my....saw this today on FinnSteve's Facebook page.....looks delish! I'm going to post it in the recipe section too.

Thanks FinnSteve for sharing this!

Been experimenting with Phase 1 baking lately...came up with a non-restricted Chocolate Banana loaf this afternoon that was quick and easy to make and turned out great! You know it's a success when your kids ask for seconds! =)

CHOCOLATE-BANANA BREAD:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Spray a mini-loaf pan with olive oil non-stick spray

In a bowl, mix the following:
    1 packet Chocolate Drink Mix
    1 packet Banana Pudding Mix
    2 egg whites (may also work well with 1 whole egg)
    1 tablespoon nonfat milk (could use up to 2 for a total of 1 oz nonfat milk in place of using 1 oz nonfat milk with your coffee in the morning)
    2 tablespoons of olive oil
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    2 teaspoons Walden Farms chocolate syrup (or 1-2 teaspoons Splenda may work well)
    1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Pour all contents into the mini loaf and bake for about 15 minutes.

Yields 2 non-restricted products. You could eat half & share the rest, or eat half the loaf today and half the loaf tomorrow, or eat half the loaf for breakfast and half the loaf for a snack, etc
  • I just read my post above. I really do know how to use punctuation and spell although you would not know it! :-)