vegetables

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • My mistake, I've been on the diet for 10 days and I am down 5 lbs. Is this a good loss for ten days?
  • Quote: My mistake, I've been on the diet for 10 days and I am down 5 lbs. Is this a good loss for ten days?
    That is FANTASTIC!!!!
  • Thank you, Leann. Actually I am a little disappointed bc I have read others lose more by this time.

Question is, can we have apple cider vinegar or not? I have been using this daily.
  • Quote: Thank you, Leann. Actually I am a little disappointed bc I have read others lose more by this time.

Question is, can we have apple cider vinegar or not? I have been using this daily.
    Yes!
  • Thank you, Lisa.
  • Can we have malt vinegar?
  • Quote: Can we have malt vinegar?
    You need to check the labels VERY carefully, and treat it as one of your "extras" like sweetener and drink mixes. There are some Malt vinegars that are 0/0/0 according to the labels, but because of the malt there will be trace carbs.
  • The p1 protocol sheet says Apple Cider Vinegar and white vinegar
    Do you ladies have the P1 sheet?
  • Okay, not to send anyone over the edge or anything, but what about sauerkraut? Here's what confuses me. YES, it is on the sheet as a select veggie, BUT I thought all veggies were to be measured raw. Sauerkraut, by definition, is "cooked." So, is an IP serving of sauerkraut less than 2 cups to compensate??

Thanks.
  • Quote: Okay, not to send anyone over the edge or anything, but what about sauerkraut? Here's what confuses me. YES, it is on the sheet as a select veggie, BUT I thought all veggies were to be measured raw. Sauerkraut, by definition, is "cooked." So, is an IP serving of sauerkraut less than 2 cups to compensate??

Thanks.
    I measure it at it comes out of the jar. I really don't think I could eat 2 cups of it at a sitting without being ill, and I LOVE the stuff.

Also, watch the labels on Sauerkraut. Some of them have added sugar. Make sure you get one that doesn't have sugar/starches.
  • Quote: Thank you, Leann. Actually I am a little disappointed bc I have read others lose more by this time.

You have to remember that EVERYONE is different. I've never lost over 2.5 lbs/week since day one. In fact, I think I only lost 1 lb on the first week. I was already low-carbing so I didn't have all that excess stored water weight that most people have.

You're doing great. Hang in there! And never, ever let the scale get you down. This diet WORKS so stick with it, even if you have a bad weigh in...your body is just adjusting, and there's SO many things that influence the scale on a daily basis.
  • Quote: I measure it at it comes out of the jar. I really don't think I could eat 2 cups of it at a sitting without being ill, and I LOVE the stuff.

Also, watch the labels on Sauerkraut. Some of them have added sugar. Make sure you get one that doesn't have sugar/starches.
    The ones I buy are naturally fermented. No added sugars/starches and not technically "cooked". I'm actually going to start making my own. Naturally fermented sauerkraut is a good source of natural digestive enzymes and probiotics. Super good for you and tastes totally different than the cooked/vinegar added kind.
  • Quote: The p1 protocol sheet says Apple Cider Vinegar and white vinegar
    Do you ladies have the P1 sheet?
    Yes have a phase 1 sheet, but have seen people mention using malt vinegar on here and wondered if it is one of those extras that people get away with that is not on the sheet. Just thought I would ask since we were running through the types of vinegars.
  • Quote: The ones I buy are naturally fermented. No added sugars/starches and not technically "cooked". I'm actually going to start making my own. Naturally fermented sauerkraut is a good source of natural digestive enzymes and probiotics. Super good for you and tastes totally different than the cooked/vinegar added kind.
    Would you happen to have a brand name, Lisa? I'm very interested.
  • Quote: The ones I buy are naturally fermented. No added sugars/starches and not technically "cooked". I'm actually going to start making my own. Naturally fermented sauerkraut is a good source of natural digestive enzymes and probiotics. Super good for you and tastes totally different than the cooked/vinegar added kind.
    I found some gourmet sauerkraut at whole foods that tastes almost as good as my Mom's. Ingredients cabbage and salt. I agree the cooked stuff really doesn't hold a candle to the fresh.http://eatthebestfoodintheworld.com/...-valley-farms/