Plain vs Herbed Omelette

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I had the herb-omelette in my starter pack this past week and I wasn't too crazy about it. I did add some vegetables to it but there was some taste to it that I didn't care for (herbs, some sort of cheese??, idk)

I will be ordering my next week's food and I'm considering getting the plain omelette.

For those of you who have eaten both the plain and the herb omelette, how would you say the taste differs? Is it mostly similar or completely different? Does the plain just have the basic egg taste that one would expect?

thanks!
  • I didn't like either omelette when I tried them in the first couple of weeks. I went weeks without have them then tried another when someone gave me their cast offs. I now love the herb one. I use the plain one to make an egg nog drink.
  • I like them both and alternate between the two of them for breakfast. The plain does taste a bit different, maybe more bland, but I use pepper and garlic powder to give the plain a little flavor and I like it.
  • Quote: I didn't like either omelette when I tried them in the first couple of weeks. I went weeks without have them then tried another when someone gave me their cast offs. I now love the herb one. I use the plain one to make an egg nog drink.
    Tell me about that eggnog drink!
  • Quote:
    Tell me about that eggnog drink!
    I second this!!!! You can't just throw that out there and not provide the details!
  • I prefer the plain omelet mix with Southwestern Egg Beaters added to it. It doesn't taste exactly like real eggs but it is close enough. I also saute some mushrooms and include those in it. I don't care for the fake cheese taste of the herb-omelet...yuck.
  • I despised both the plain and herb omelette....to me neither tasted remotely like eggs. As a huge egg lover, this was an issue.

If I want an omelette, I make an egg-white omelette (remember, 2 free egg whites per day) with veggies.
  • It took a while, but now I love the herb cheese omelet. I shake it up with 5 oz of cold water and pour it into a heated pan (no oil) and let it cook (flipping once). I serve it with 2 TBSP organic salsa and coffee.

Your tastes will change...give it time and revisit later. It is a very filling breakfast that I now love.
  • I don't love it but tolerate the regular over the herb. I add egg whites to the plain with seasoning and can get it down. I like to imagine it souffle like.
  • I don't like the herbed, but I love the plain one... I put lots of veggies in it. Have made green ham and eggs with 1 oz of chopped ham and put it in the blender with spinach. That was yummy. And I make egg fu yung with bean sprouts and mushrooms and green onions....
  • I love the plain as "french toast." Mix with 5 oz water, a splash of vanilla, a packet of stevia and cinnamon. Cook until crispy and top with Walden Farms Pancake Syrup.

I've also made leannekarella's egg fu yung and it is delicious!
  • Quote: I love the plain as "french toast." Mix with 5 oz water, a splash of vanilla, a packet of stevia and cinnamon. Cook until crispy and top with Walden Farms Pancake Syrup.

OHHHH now I have to have that french toast. I think I will make that today for dinner
  • Quote: OHHHH now I have to have that french toast. I think I will make that today for dinner
    Sooo good, enjoy!

ETA: It's also amazing with some shredded zucchini added!
  • Quote: I love the plain as "french toast." Mix with 5 oz water, a splash of vanilla, a packet of stevia and cinnamon. Cook until crispy and top with Walden Farms Pancake Syrup.

Wow-that sounds fantastic! I am definitely going to try that!
  • Quote: Tell me about that eggnog drink!
    You mix the omelette pack with a vanilla pack (drink, pudding or ready made), add enough water to your desired thickness, add stevia if you want more sweetness and add rum extract and spices to your liking (nutmeg, gingerbread spice, cinnamon, etc). It makes two servings of eggnog.