calorie apps

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Could I get some info on a good app for helping diet and count calories? My husband has My Fitness Pal. We have iphones.
  • I use and love Myfitnesspal.
  • I use My Net Diary. I have been using it for a long time, its simple. More simple calorie counting and less of a game/social thing. One of the things I like best are the graphs! Oh so many graphs
  • I use calorie counter. So far it has been pretty accurate
  • Personally, I just started using MFP. I love how it has almost every food, including generics, in its database. I also like how you can store frequent meals and recipes. And I adore the barcode scanner. I don't use it for the social aspect.
  • I love MyNetDiary. I hated myfitnesspal. MyNetDiary looks better and is nicer to use in my opinion.
  • There are many options: Loseit!, MyFitnesspall, sparkpeople, etc. My issue is because I work nights, I track the day before. Most of these don't allow that except for MFP. Maybe spark but I find it annoying at times. It depends on what is most important for you though
  • I use MFP, love it!
  • I use, and like, My Fitness Pal. I tried Spark People and I found it frustrating. I haven't looked into any of the others because MFP does what I need it to do. Almost everything I search for is there, and I love the ability to put my own recipes in and to scan barcodes.
  • I tried SparkPeople before and did not like the calorie tracker. MyFitnessPal has worked really well for me. I use it to plan out my food for the next day. I don't always stick to it but it helps me stick to my allotted calories. One thing I don't like it that there can be errors in the foods because a lot of it is user submitted.
  • Quote: I tried SparkPeople before and did not like the calorie tracker. MyFitnessPal has worked really well for me. I use it to plan out my food for the next day. I don't always stick to it but it helps me stick to my allotted calories. One thing I don't like it that there can be errors in the foods because a lot of it is user submitted.
    I absolutely agree with this! I have been counting calories on and off for years, so I have a decent feel for what things should be, and I do find myself double checking a LOT to be sure that what MFP pulls up is accurate. I have the biggest problem with fruits and meats.
  • I started with Myfitnesspal, but i actually like the format of Mynetdiary better, the progress charts are really good and the daily reviews are quite in depth.
  • I really like loseit. It tracks easily, large database, scanner, award badges, challenges and recipe adds. I dont use it socially though it also tracks exercise.
  • I forgot to say that one thing I really like about MyFitnessPal is the social aspect of it. I have a lot of friends on there that are from 3FC. They are a really great source of support and motivation!
  • I have tried a bunch but have found My Net Diary to be my favourite. It's great for creating recipes and lets me track for a few days at a time (if I know I'm going to repeat a meal). It also has lots of trackers for micronutrients and measurements!