20lb down, face comparison. Plus same weight/increased gym pic

• Hi everybody. I recently found a picture on an old memory card that just blew my mind... I HAD to make a comparison out of it. The face picture is from mid-April last year and represents just a 20lb loss. I have lots more to go (50-60lb) but I wanted to post this because the difference in my face alone is just mind-boggling to me! I looked so uncomfortable in the first pic. And puffy. And full. I try not to disparage myself but I can't help but think of a marshmallow. Sheesh.

The other picture is pretty interesting. I took the first one (with the green wall) in 2011, when 209 was my starting weight. Well, I lost a few lbs, then threw in the towel and gained up to 228 (when my face pic was taken). So, I am the same weight today as my previous start weight picture - but can you see the difference? I totally see a difference. What changed? I've been hitting the gym hard for nearly a year now, lifting and running. I've run 4 road races, the longest being a 10k. I'm in the best physical shape of my life (and am excited to feel my body work as I continue to lose weight). So I'm the same weight in both pics but you can see my stomach is definitely smaller (it kind of looks like it is due to posture, and I do have AWFUL posture, but I tried to stand straight without sucking in my gut too much in both pics). Not pictured: i have collar bones and less fat around my ribcage pushing my arms out from my body. Nifty!

• Awesome!!! you are carving a fit and healthy and BEAUTIFUL woman out of all your hard work. Congrats on your success.
  • you're too funny, putting on the same clothes for the pictures. I hope you will keep doing that, it really shows the difference!

And the difference in your face is amazing!! I seem to lose in my face VERY slowly and at over 25 lbs, there isn't nearly as big a change for me. But for you, it's EXTREMELY noticeable.

Great job!!
  • That's awesome! Keep it up!
  • Wow! You really can tell the difference! Keep it up!
  • Congrats!!!
  • You look great! I agree with April Snow, keep using the same clothes to update your progress. It will be a great tool of measure!
  • You look beautiful! The weight loss has made you look more youthful too!
    Keep up the awesome work.
  • Thanks guys!! I can't stop looking at the comparison. I had no idea of the difference til I put them side by side.

And as someone who is on the brink of turning 30, I appreciate the youthful comment! Feeling older every day.........