IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun March 9-10, 2013

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: Hi everyone,
    I have been reading about all of you since I started IP 6 weeks ago and you definitely help keep me motivate by all your successes. This is also my first post so hope I am doing it right.
    I am very happy with my success so far as I'm down 25.5 lbs and 15 or so inches. Haven't had any issues staying OP until I came to China for a business trip. I brought packets with me so I'm doing ok with those, but the meals are a challenge.
    Quote: Congrats and thx so much for all the great
    Posts!!!
    I'm near the end of my 2nd week, WI Tuesday.
    We attended a bat mitzvah today, I did
    much better than ever thought possible!

D
    Quote: I've been doing IP for 2 months and have lost 30lbs! I work from home so it's very easy for me to prepare and plan what I'm going to eat and when. This past week I had to go into the office for a few days for a conference, had a work dinner and a work party. Everything worked out so I thought I'd share what I did...
    I am so impressed by your stories of events and travels, particularly to China and stay OP. Inspirational dedication. Way to go!
  • Quote: I have to ask.... Is anyone else having trouble with their bowel movements? I know it's not a fun topic but my coach had me do the novi cleanse after the holidays and ever since I cannot get my system back on track...I'm fine for a few days and then I'm backed up again and it's been going on for over 2 months!!!!! Help!!!! Any suggestions? I've done magnesium citrate but I have to take half the bottle before anything happens and I'm patient with it so idk what to do
    I would say my system is sluggish. I take a probiotic (before program) daily in the evening and Smooth Move tea is wonderful! Good luck.
  • Quote: Thank you, I love just putting a frozen roast in the crockpot on a Sunday for an easy family dinner. It probably wouldn't weigh properly frozen either I suspect so I'll go with the 6.5 oz to be on the safe side.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
    I have never heard of adding a frozen roast to a crock pot. How does that turn out and how long does it take?
  • Quote: Have you noticed if you are really irritable, overly sensitive or any issues with TOM?
    OMG! Thank you for posting this!! I have had so much anxiety lately and have no patience.
    The surges in estrogen must be the cause.
  • Does anyone else not ever feel hungry? I have to 'force' myself to remember to eat. Does that get better? I am on day 5 today!
  • Quote: I have never heard of adding a frozen roast to a crock pot. How does that turn out and how long does it take?
    I usually just put the roast in crockpot around 8am with a few different seasonings(thyme, bayleaves, garlic and cracked pepper) add 1/4" of water or broth and put it on low (10 hr button) and it's ready for dinner. The roast just falls apart it is so tender. I have done pork roasts before also with just a jar of saurkraut dumped on top and some caraway seeds, very good.
  • I hope you all had a great weekend. I'm just starting ip again after being sick last week with a upset stomach. I was off of ip for about 2days. It's been hard because of my TOM is coming up soon and the urges are soo strong to cheat! How do you resist the urges? lol must be strong!

also I bought asparagus for the first time and I was wondering how you prepare it?
  • Quote: I hope you all had a great weekend. I'm just starting ip again after being sick last week with a upset stomach. I was off of ip for about 2days. It's been hard because of my TOM is coming up soon and the urges are soo strong to cheat! How do you resist the urges? lol must be strong!

also I bought asparagus for the first time and I was wondering how you prepare it?
    Every time you resist a craving you flex your willpower muscle which will help you be successful in maintenance. You'll enjoy the taste of whatever you're craving for two minutes then be racked with guilt. You'll also read over and over again how hard it is for people to stop at one bite...it leads to two, to three, etc.

It's not worth the setback!

I am obsessed with roasted asparagus. I line a cookie sheet with foil, mist with olive oil, sprinkle on sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and roast at 350* for 15 minutes. Sooo good!

Also, I sometimes make an asparagus omelet for dinner.

ETA: That is how I prepare 95% of my veggies (okra, zucchini, cabbage, turnips, rutagaba, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, etc.)
  • Quote: Every time you resist a craving you flex your willpower muscle which will help you be successful in maintenance.

I am obsessed with roasted asparagus. I line a cookie sheet with foil, mist with olive oil, sprinkle on sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and roast at 350* for 15 minutes. Sooo good!

Also, I sometimes make an asparagus omelet for dinner.

ETA: That is how I prepare 95% of my veggies (okra, zucchini, cabbage, turnips, rutagaba, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, etc.)
    Never thought of willpower as muscle! Makes a ton of sense and I need to reread that sentence a couple of time to make sure it sticks!

I'm gunna try that recipe because it seems simple enough for my first time!

Thanks!!!!
  • My husband and I are heading to a fancy gala. Here's my question: if I end up thinking I've eaten more than my usual dinner portion of protein (I know they will have sliced london broil), do I still have my snack before bed or skip it?
  • Quote: Have you noticed if you are really irritable, overly sensitive or any issues with TOM?
    This is my third week on IP, and I have been so up and down! Plus, I started a new bc @ the same time, so thats probably not helping!
  • Quote: My husband and I are heading to a fancy gala. Here's my question: if I end up thinking I've eaten more than my usual dinner portion of protein (I know they will have sliced london broil), do I still have my snack before bed or skip it?
    Definitely still eat your snack! A little extra animal protein once in a blue moon won't harm you...it only will if you do it all the time.

Have fun!
  • Quote: My husband and I are heading to a fancy gala. Here's my question: if I end up thinking I've eaten more than my usual dinner portion of protein (I know they will have sliced london broil), do I still have my snack before bed or skip it?
    Nope, no need to skip your snack. Having a little extra meat once in a while isn't a huge deal, and "compensation" is too inexact a science in the context of this diet to really be effective. Just have a great (OP) time!

Quote: This is my third week on IP, and I have been so up and down! Plus, I started a new bc @ the same time, so thats probably not helping!
    It's totally normal - women store estrogen in their fat cells so when we lose weight fast it floods our system. Makes us PMS all the time, messes up our cycles. Also it makes BC less effective, so make sure you are using extra protection while on IP or you may end up with an IP baby!
  • Quote: This is my first post I have been lurking on this site for a while and you all have helped make my decision to join IP!! So much support and success and help with questions etc etc. I had my seven week WI and am down 18 pounds!!! Not only that I feel fantastic and have a great coach!
    Congrats on the loss!
    NO WHY!? LOL No I don't think so, I will have to ask Husband if I have been extra irritable. I did notice I had an early cycle though.