What time is dinner time?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi, I am just curious on what time everyone has their main meal for the evening?
    I have grown up eating dinner quite early, we would normally eat at about 5.30-6 but lately I have been having dinner at 3.30-4.30 as I have been hungry!
    I don't tend to snack much after dinner but usually when I hop into bed i am hungry again! Maybe i need to have an evening snack or something.
  • Just whenever I'm hungry... Provided I'm not out I don't see the point in stuffing in food if I'm not hungry, or sitting around starving if I am. This can be any time between 4pm - 4am (I do bar shifts...). So it depends if I've been working, or working out
  • I was just talking about this with my husband! I had an early start to the day and already ate lunch at 10:30am! I told him at this rate I'll be eating dinner at about 2:15pm and he called me granny!

Dinner for me is when I am hungry, I try to put it off a bit if I can but I have learned to eat when I need to vs. snacking on something and then eating the meal anyways. I eat different food than my husband right now so it's not a matter of preparing dinner early and having it be cold, etc.

On a normal day, dinner is right around 5pm.
  • 11.30am. 1pm at the latest.
  • I have class until 9:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, so I don't eat dinner until after 10 p.m. most days. I tried eating dinner around 4 p.m. before my night classes, but I always end up so hungry by the end of class.
  • I tend to eat breakfast at 8 am, lunch at noon and dinner at 4-5 pm. And all of my meals are about the same size. I don't eat snacks (or rarely do).

For me, if I wait until 6 pm or later (when my husband gets home), I'm soooo hungry that I eat too much. Or, while waiting, I'll grab snacks that I shouldn't that will add up to a meal and then I didn't get anything nutritious, just snack calories. (Well, OK, nutritious, just not complete - like eating cheese sticks, or pepperoni sticks or a protein bar - not something green.)

And, I don't tend to get hungry for the rest of the night. i'm a morning person, so I just start to shut down. Sometimes I get hungry just before going to bed, but then I just to bed a bit hungry. It doesn't keep me from falling asleep or staying asleep.
  • We shoot for 6:30
  • It depends, but often dinner is around 8pm.
  • That's late nelie. Dinner that that late whooped me.
  • We eat early. Early risers and the kids go to bed really early. Dinner is usually 4:30.
  • breakfast is usually something i eat around 8:30 a.m., whatever that means for me, just some type of food, if i eat at all....coffee around 1 p.m....lunch around 3:30 p.m. and dinner around 6:30 p.m....all this revolves around my gym and work schedule but it works for me
  • Gosh I couldn't have lunch at 3.30, that's almost my dinner time! I think I'm one of the early riser-early to beds people, Its only 8.30pm here and i am already in bed, what a nanna!
  • I eat dinner usually at 7:00 - 7:30pm
  • I have young kids who aren't easy to live with without a consistent schedule, so we try to have dinner the same time each night, at 6pm. Sometimes I work late and that gets pushed back to 6:30, and on nights my oldest had sports we eat at 5 or 5:30. I rarely feel the need to snack after dinner, unless I'm up past midnight.
  • For me, it's around 6-7pm. Breakfast is 10-11am because I usually have to wait about an hour after I've taken my prilosec pill. Lunch is around 2-3pm. Snacks in between meals.