IP Veggie -- Hot Peppers

• I'm going to Subway with the hour and ordering a chicken salad. When I think of hot peppers, I think of those small green and red peppers that are extremely hot. Do banana peppers and jalapeņo peppers count as hot peppers?
  • Yep! You can have them as part of your measured veggies every day.
  • Yay! One of my favorite recipes (even before IP) is to get a nice beef roast and put it in the crockpot and pour a jar of pepperoncinis (with the juice) over it. In a few hours - yummy! So flavorful!
  • Quote: Yay! One of my favorite recipes (even before IP) is to get a nice beef roast and put it in the crockpot and pour a jar of pepperoncinis (with the juice) over it. In a few hours - yummy! So flavorful!
    That's sounds great.
  • I a hot blooded Portguese woman. I need my hot peppers!! If I couldn't have them, IP would be a no go. (Only kidding)
    It was one of the 1st ???? I asked!
  • Quote: That's sounds great.
    Try it. I am telling you, it is fantastic. It has been a staple and family favorite around here for years. Of course, the skinny-folk in the family have it on rolls or rice, but I even enjoy it plain with some sort of veggies on the side. And it's the easiest thing you'll ever make.
  • Quote: I a hot blooded Portguese woman. I need my hot peppers!! If I couldn't have them, IP would be a no go. (Only kidding)
    It was one of the 1st ???? I asked!
    Eu tambem! My secret salad dressing ingredient is pimenta moida, but I never posted to salad dressing questions because I didn't think anyone would know what the heck I was talking about!
  • Quote: Eu tambem! My secret salad dressing ingredient is pimenta moida, but I never posted to salad dressing questions because I didn't think anyone would know what the heck I was talking about!
    Where are you in MA???? I am in Portuguese Country.
  • Quote: Where are you in MA???? I am in Portuguese Country.
    Me too... in FR, very close to "the longest bridge in the world"... if you've heard that reference
  • Mmm I keep sliced pepperoncinis in a jar in the fridge and toss them on my salads all the time. So good!