Great day for a hike

• It is supposed to be 80* here in the desert today. My DH and I took quite a strenuous hike up the hill behind our house. The hill is steep and rocky. By the time we got back, my legs were jelly.

I have really been slacking off with the exercise. We both got really sick at the end of December and it took forever to feel better. I am not one to exercise while sick.

Anyway, I am back at my strength training for old ladies [they don't really call it that. LOL.] and easing back into walking and hiking. Sometimes it is just hard to keep at it.
  • An outdoor walk and hike sounds so great right now!

Maybe you and DH can make a weekly date (or whatever timeframe) to have your hike or walk and maybe that will help you keep at it.

I love doing exercise like that with my DH, whether walking or biking or whatever. It doesn't feel like work then!
  • It was 20 degrees and snowed today here. Now I'm depressed AND jealous!
  • That's a good idea, Elvislvr. I suggested to DH that we walk again next weekend and he sounded positive.

Cherrypie, yes, we have some pretty nice winter days. Just wait until you hear me griping about 110* as soon as the sun comes up in the summer. I really hate getting up before dawn to walk.