March Chat

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: Oh I forgot to tell you guys that I got another star on my last WI, for loosing 25 lbs since I joined WW. Yay!! So next goal is to loose another 25lbs to get my 50lbs star
    Woo hoo!!!!
  • Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well.

I have had a rough week/end. Stupid TOM pushed me over the edge both food wise and weight wise. I swear I should just write one week a month off since it is a wash in the weight loss department. My weight is exactly the same as it was 1 week ago. Blurgh! I swear lately my mantra has been "weight loss is a journey - a crappy, sweaty, long and bumpy journey!" I am thinking of getting t-shirts made.

On the plus side, I just realized that in 2 months, I have lost 18 lbs. Today is the 2 month anniversary of DH's and my goal to be "Fit in 2013." So that is helping me feel a bit better. (DH is down 23 as of this morning).

SoMuchFattitude - I wanted to thank you for the tip on adding more protein to my breakfast to help with cravings. For the last week my breakfast has been a whole-wheat flat bread with 2 oz of chicken and 1 chipotle queso Laughing Cow cheese in the morning and it makes all the difference in the world. Add a serving of fruit or veg at about 10 am and I can make it to lunch without a problem.
  • Quote: Oh I forgot to tell you guys that I got another star on my last WI, for loosing 25 lbs since I joined WW. Yay!!
    Congrats!! That is great news!
  • Hi all! New to 3FC...joined about a week ago. In the middle of my second week on the WW 360 plan and I am finding it easy to fit this into my life in general. I am no stranger to WW as my mother has worked for them for 25+ years and has been at goal all that time! I am lucky to have support built right into my family! I found this sight by researching recipes and I hope to get to know you all as we stick with it!
  • Welcome, diva...is that you and a new baby in your picture? If so, congrats
  • I feel like I'm in kindergarten because I find the stars so incredibly motivating.

This week, I have made a discovery that is incredibly sad. Alcohol (even when kept well within points limits) makes my weight loss minimal. I had wine on Saturday and beer at two hockey games. And this week was only 0.4 lbs down.

I think I may start daily weighing to be able to monitor what's going on with what I consume/do a little more closely.
  • Quote:
    I think I may start daily weighing to be able to monitor what's going on with what I consume/do a little more closely.
    I weigh daily and I love it. Even when I'm up on my official day, I feel better knowing the two days before and after was much better
  • I just recently started weighing daily and I am keeping an excel sheet on my google drive. If I have ONE BEER you can see it on the sheet. Its just insane. It makes me sort of realize how I could get into such a mess with this body of mine. Booze is the catalyst of my weight gain. Thinking back to college... and ALL THAT BEER, no wonder. Gah, I wish I would have known. But now is not the time for regret. I worked very hard, many many late nights one porches, to get this big... I am going to have to work very very hard to get it off of my body.

What a beautiful Saturday morning in Southern Indiana! I went for my FIRST jog outside! I am pretty proud. It was fun! I look forward to getting better and better and not feeling so self conscious about myself out there. Bring it on Spring!
  • Hey folks. I'm checking in with you because I feel that helps me be accountable. I did lose 3 whole pounds at my weigh in this morning, and reached my 5% goal.

But as I was leaving WW, my car died in the parking lot. Got it towed home, but it's completely dead, Unfortunately it's not just the battery, it appears to be something more serious. As in, probably at least $2k serious. And we are flat broke at the moment. I have never been this worried about finances before. I guess I'll have a dead car for awhile, as we don't even use credit cards so I can't go that route.

Anyway, I didn't drown my sorrows in food like I would normally do. I spent the rest of the day with my family, and I even managed to laugh and have some fun. And I am pleased I lost weight this week, though I'm sad I didn't get a chance to run a 5k this morning with some other ladies from WW. Maybe I'll run it myself tomorrow.

Hope you all are doing well. Welcome to the newbies and congrats to those who got stars this week. Yay, we can all do this!
  • Quote: Welcome, diva...is that you and a new baby in your picture? If so, congrats
    That's is my grandson! He was born Feb 12th!
  • Happy Monday!!!

I lost FOUR POUNDS this week at Weigh In!!!! WOWZERS I cut out the high sugar fruit this week and only ate low sugar fruit. That was the only difference in my diet! I am flabbergasted! My weekend was insane. It was my nephew's birthday and we celebrated him like crazy. His birthday party was at a place called "Sky Zone" and it's a trampoline park. Adults are allowed to jump, too. oh my god...SO MUCH FUN. I earned 13 APs yesterday (between biking 10 miles - which yes, I got up [hungover none the less] and still got my 10 mile train session in BEFORE his trampoline party.) But, I now want my 30th birthday (in October) party there. 100% serious. I have never had so much fun.

In less happy news, my brother told me he's having surgery in 10 days (tonsils removed) because a CT Scan came back abnormal and now they're testing for cancer. I'm a worried wreck. My brother is one of my best friends and means the world to me. We have a very close relationship and hang out all the time. DH and I are taking nephew/kid duty the night before/morning of his surgery and I took the next day off to be at the hospital. Ugh - kind thoughts if you do that kind of thing, please.
  • Quote:
    His birthday party was at a place called "Sky Zone" and it's a trampoline park
    OMG I NEEEEEEEEED ONE OF THOSE.

I hope your brother is alright! *hug*
  • SoMuchFattitude: Congrats on the four pounds loss! Which fruits are higher in sugar? I know about bananas (although I'm not willing to give them up yet), but I wonder if I'm eating other high sugar fruits. And I've been wanting to go to SkyZone since they opened. Did you go to the one in Kennesaw? That would be the closest one to me. May need to take the kiddos there soon.

Sorry to hear about your brother's health issues. I hope it all works out for the best.
  • Quote: SoMuchFattitude: Congrats on the four pounds loss! Which fruits are higher in sugar? I know about bananas (although I'm not willing to give them up yet), but I wonder if I'm eating other high sugar fruits. And I've been wanting to go to SkyZone since they opened. Did you go to the one in Kennesaw? That would be the closest one to me. May need to take the kiddos there soon.

Sorry to hear about your brother's health issues. I hope it all works out for the best.
    The higher sugar fruits are apples, bananas, grapes - stuff like that. The lowest sugar fruits are blackberries, raspberries and a few blueberries.

OMG - SkyZone was AMAZING. We went to the Roswell one. It was $14 for one hour. It was amazing. SO much fun.
  • SoMuchFattitude Hmmmm, maybe I need some of that no fruit/low sugar thing you've got going on! That is awesome! Congrats!

I worked out 4 days in a row, and it felt pretty awesome. I had some time off and the weather was nice, I could get used to that! I had kind of a crappy day back at work.... Organizing projects and depending on undependable people makes me want to throw temper tantrums in public. I can't do EVERYTHING MYSELF! Whew. But I got home and didn't eat the fridge like I wanted to. Instead I called my sister and we talked about chips... **instead of eating them.** Then the Fiance and I went out and got some FroYo. It was fantastic.

I am really happy I didn't throw my hands up at this crappy day and eat something terrible. Control.